THREE MINUTE TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: THREE MINUTE TUESDAY

Postby Sunny » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Hello.....the missing SHE has returned! Seriously, I did miss being here with everyone!

Today is our second day with no rain and the accompanying skyward music!

And, no, I have not been busy! Two weeks ago, as of tomorrow, I woke up with spasms in my back, kidney area, and felt a little tired. I spent the day drinking as much water as I could, and on Thurs felt a little better. Dh had a blood draw scheduled, but other than than I kind of rested; Friday, the same, just doing easy routines. Saturday and the next five days I think I had a fever/chills off and on -- no other symptoms like headache, stomach ache/tummy troubles, etc., just felt yucky and stayed in bed most of the time till fever broke. Finally started to feel better last Thurs. Dh had his dr. appointment on Thurs and I told nurse what I was feeling. She said if I started feeling bad again or had uti symptoms to come back in. So far nothing. I was wondering if anyone had anything like this?

Dh was pretty much on his own, plus bringing me what little food I did eat. (I did lose 4 lbs, which have found me again!) He took care of the dog and kept the kitchen caught up...sorta. Over the last weekend I cleaned it good, putting stuff away where it belongs, moving appliances and wiping counters, etc. Ds#2 & ddil stopped in one day last week and brought us a few groceries and a container of bean soup she had from her freezer. She even brought some dramamine in case my stomach was upset. ....Anyway, enough about me!

Hmm, so much has been happening here, but I know I can't remember everything I read in my fever-fog. Congratulations to Harriet's ddil. That's wonderful news.
Kathryn, prejudice is awful....sorry you are having to experience his attitude.
Harmony, so sorry that you are upset with that woman dh was talking with. I would be tempted to call her also!
Blessed, I hope you had a good lesson on the water! You are braver than me!
Lady M, how is the new quilt coming along?
Wonder how Twins' Mom is doing at her conference?

Oh, I read somewhere (probably F B) that Hallmark Channel is doing a movie sometime in August of Jan Karon's first book in the Mitford series... At Home in Mitford. A few days ago I got my book out and started reading it and I'm really enjoying it once again.

Right now, I'm tired again, going to go lie down.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:44 pm

SUNNY ~ YAY! SO GOOD TO SEE YOU.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 pm

I had a blast! So glad I did it.

d dee you made me lol!!!
Buying a stove that works properly later is optional.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:52 pm

hi d nancy hi d elizabeth

helia

Postby helia » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Oh, yay blessed! I'm SO glad for you! Well done!! :)

Hi Sunny! Glad you're feeling better. And glad dh and ds and ddil were helpful during that time. Take care of yourself!

Many years ago when ds and dd21 were tots and dd19 didn't exist yet, dh and I used to drink a lot of coffee. Well, dh still does, but my taste for coffee decreased with each pregnancy. Now, I drink more tea than coffee. Anyhow, at that time, dh decided cold turkey to switch us to decaf for some reason which I've forgotten. As a result, I had the worst headache I've ever had for 2 or 3 days. It was NOT fun. I don't tend to get headaches.

I ended up just frittering away some time this afternoon. I have accomplished goals # 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, most of 8, and only 1 task in 5 - figuring out when BY and I can meet tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'll be out of the house from 8:15 - 4:00 straight. After I teach, I'll stay at payroll to grade final exams, finish end-of-session admin tasks, and make up sub plans for Friday. Hopefully, I'll also be able to make up plans to tutor BY. Then, I'll stop by the bank, if I have time. There's a branch on campus. Otherwise, I'll go straight to meet with BY @ 2. Then, I'll stop by dfriend's house to take care of the rabbit there. I don't know how much I'll get done on other tasks. We'll need to pack and get ready for our backpacking trip.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:55 pm

NP was pleased with dh! Hooray! She said she was going to leave well enough alone and he should ask cardiologist about possibly starting Entresco (at appt in a couple weeks.)

I've felt really blah all day -- tired, sore throat, itchy ears -- just yucky.

Trying really hard not to eat late at night but I think I'm going to have to give in and have something. Chick Fil a at 2:00 pm has worn off...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:03 pm

Long day - here is the executive summary.

Hearing didn't go well. The landlord offered to settle knocking .33% (10%) off the increase. The group turned that down flat so we will go to an Above Guideline Hearing which will be scheduled many months in the future (probably October.)

With the landlords offer, I would be saving 11/month. So I think I'm OK with rolling dice and seeing if the adjudicator gives us a better deal. I'm not sure I believe that will be the case.

After the hearing I talked to the manager about the bench out front saying we really needed one in front of the small building and she and I debated its location but she was open to moving one from the west side of our building. No one uses those. Then I asked the lawyer is the building owners were a publically traded company so I could buy into it. That way, what I lose in rent increases I might make back in profit on my shares. He laughed but said no, it was a private company.

At this point the room is empty except for my friend and I so the building manager offered us a ride home! When we got home we found a place to put the bench so I'm hopeful it will be put in place.

I had lunch with my friend, came home and visited with dh and then headed out to meet up with MF. He was delayed so I took a 30 minute walk. Then we had a 4 hour dinner. I came home and walked more with dh and then wrote up a detailed email about what happened at the meeting today. I'll send that tomorrow.

Dh's day was pretty good too. He dropped stuff off at the church in the village, had his doctor's appointment and then got the new tires put on the car. The doctor was stumped on what's going on with dh's leg so he had a chunk out to biopsy and was sent for blood tests. He was seen by several doctors since the first was stumped so they came up with a list of items for the blood tests.

Tomorrow I have an in-car time with dsil and will pickup my new glasses (I ran out of time today.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:42 pm

that means a lot.. thank you d helia!
You did get things done - I don't see much frittering away the day at your house! :D

10% seems like quite a spike in one year for rent... wishing you and your fellow neighbours the best as you find a reasonable solution d kathryn

hi d lucy hope you feel better tomorrow - glad to her some good news re: your sweet dh.

dd older was sweet - she said she was worried that the teacher wouldn't be nice (almost like going to school and hoping the kids would be nice to a young one - she was so happy they were nice - funny how it turns around isn't it.) dd younger and dh were happy for me.

Return to “Post When You Can”