WONDROUS WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: WONDROUS WEDNESDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:41 pm

I just dropped the kids off at the church down the street from us. They have a fantastic 1 hour kids program on Wed nights. I continue to be in a conundrum about Wed night church attendance. None of the options seem to fit all of our needs. DH is preaching tonight at our church. I feel like I'm not being supportive by not attending.

The instant pot cooked another wonderful pot of pinto beans this afternoon. Everyone in our family LOVES pinto beans so they are a staple in our meals.

It is 7:30pm and I still have 8 points to eat. I'm not hungry and have eaten over 1200 calories today so I'm not going to make myself eat just to make the points reach 30. They told me that not eating all my WW points would make my body hold onto weight. If I eat too much I don't lose. Ditto....If I eat too little.

I have been trying to put off buying clothes until I finish with the weight loss. I did buy smaller pants a couple months ago and thought they would fit me for awhile. However, I'm rethinking that because those pants keep sliding down while walking.I can pull the pants off without unbuttoning them. I am continually pulling them back up and now find myself wondering if I might embarrass myself by showing my underwear by not being quick enough to pull them up. I can't understand the low hanging baggie pant style that is popular by some young people. It is a PITA to keep pulling them up! I guess I could use a belt on to hold them up but I'm not a belt person and I don't think I even own one. Since starting WW, I continue to wear the same pants to weigh in but they have a draw string to keep them up. I only wear those pants an hour a week to weigh in. It is still strange to me to walk by the mirror and see how baggie they are.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:40 pm

I'm also not a fan of underwear showing. Even if it is deliberate. I simply don't understand.

Long day, not a lot accomplished.

Driving time went well with dsil. He did well at some things and corrected the main thing I worried about (too close to parked cars as we past), took one corner too fast and forgot to signal twice but realized both times before I said something. This was the third time he's driven a car. Really. First two times was 3 or 4 years ago and I took him to the school and we drove around that parking lot and then onto the street. The second time I had him out we hit the country roads and built up speed.

Today we drove around and around his tiny neighbourhood and then onto the main road through the hamlet. (Their neighbourhood is a like a small village because it is surrounded by greenbelt land on all sides like an island.) He did fine but I was more nervous than before because I've never had to take a green driver out onto a busy road with traffic lights and lots of businesses. I've always taught kids to drive in the village and then quiet country roads. It is miles to the nearest traffic light from our old house. We turned onto the bypass and he drove 55 along the length of the hamlet and back in the other entrance. The traffic all around him made him nervous and he thought people were upset with him because he was going too slow (even though the speed limit is 50 mph.) He did very well but was on edge so we drove back and parked and discussed if he wanted me to drive to the quiet country roads so he could practice more. He wanted to go home so he drove us home.

As we got out of the car I said I'd head off now for my errands but he suggested I stay because dd and dsil might be home or due home soon. Sure enough they were home and dgs seemed delighted to see me. He was having lunch and was just in his high chair. When I said goodbye to him, he got his worried look his face and said "Ohhh." So adorable. We all make sure we say goodbye to him so he understands people go away but then they come again another time.

I got the wheels torqued at a tire shop, then picked up my new glasses at Costco. I had a headache and the new glasses made that worse but that's just part of the adjustment process.

Picked up some veggies for dinner and phoned dh to start defrosting leftover meatloaf. Finally I gassed up the car and headed home. So was on the road in a steady fashion for all afternoon.

Dinner was good and then I did walking club. It started to rain as we left so we turned back and walked around the garage so we didn't have to miss out on our talking time.

Then dh and I finished watching a movie and I've wasted the rest of the evening.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:27 pm

Happy anniversary, Mr and Mrs Dee!!! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:08 am

Yes, hope it was a nice anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. DeeClutter!

Got some of my dailies done at 9:00 PM. Such a weird day.

Well I'm off to get in the tub and do a new "routine" for me... 10 min. per ear to get drops in and lay quiet with that ear up, then do the same for the other ear. Twice a day. I hope I will be able to feel when the 4 drops go in, otherwise DH will have to do them. I'm not allowed to get my ears wet for 10 days at least. Debating how I'm going to wash my hair; definitely NOT in the shower.

Sunny, I am sorry you've been sick. If you get symptoms again, please get a test for UTI. I was sick like that back in Jan or the beginning of Feb but that was when I had that arm lump and had something I was fighting. The ear dr. told me my ear thing had no connection to my arm thing, different lymph system or pathway.

Ok, I'm off. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. We still have 2 parts of the truck not working and we're debating how to fix them. Sigh....

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:14 am

sweet dreams

d sunny hello :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”