WONDROUS WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

WONDROUS WEDNESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 am

Looks like a pretty wondrous day here. Sun is finally out and I don't think rain is in the forecast until next week -but I know that can change.

Dh and I are going out to dinner I think, tonight. That'll probably be way too long with his leg down. Going to a special restaurant in a town about 15 miles from us. Haven't been there in a few years but think he's ready for a 'special' meal. He unconsciously went to cross his legs last night and badly twisted his knee -yes, of course, the one they replaced 2 weeks ago. He was in a lot of pain for some time. Today is better but very stiff. Kept saying, "Dumb, dumb, dumb". He had the bandage removed yesterday.

DD and I are making a S am's run in a little while.

Time for me to take this 'wondrous' medicine and get on with my day. Have a wondrous one, no matter your weather.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: WONDROUS WEDNESDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:39 am

praying he isn't in pain today d dee
have fun with your S am run and dinner tonight.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:45 am

There is overnight rain in our forecast but the foreseeable days are lovely and then really hot.

Now that it is warmer, I must open up the apartment, it is getting hot in here. It was odd to close the windows to keep out the cold, not the heat, in July.

Rosie: we ended up with 7" of rain on Monday, not the 4" forecast. In our old village they got closer to 12" and the flooding is bad. Both boat launches are completely underwater. In the next village, the streets are underwater (no one recalls that ever happening, even in spring flood times.) Even the fire hall parking lot is underwater. The Rideau Canal system is closed, the water is so high, the locks can't operate. No-one remembers it being closed ever. The marina by our village has pulled all their boats and as many long-term customers' boats out so that they can make room for people caught in the canal system to tie up. It is all well and good to say you are safe in a boat but if you are out of food, your water tanks are empty and your waste tank full, you need to pull in somewhere and most of their docks are not underwater. The marina staff are loaning their cars to the boaters so they can drive into the nearby villages with stores to get more supplies. They were called out to rescue a boat that was tied to a dock that broke free so both boat and dock were loose on the river and had to be towed back and secured. It's bad.

This is a controlled level waterway but too much came in from the sky so it will take a few days to flow the water out. That's why the canal system is closed since the currents are too fast flowing at this point to make it safe (and there's too much debris floating in the system as well.)

I'm up. I'm tired because I went to bed very late. Possibly early this morning.

I've spent time reclaiming the bedroom (it was pretty bad with 2 loads of laundry to fold and put away and general tidying to do.) The kitchen is almost back in order (that was just normal mess, dh did up the day's dishes while I was out.)

I had a lovely time with MF last night. He really is a grounding source for me. He had let me know we had to make it early because he had a cold and wanted to get to bed early. Then we spent 4 hours talking and when I told him to go home to bed he asked me why? I mentioned he had wanted an early bed according to his text but our time together gave him energy and lifted his spirits.

I've just finished my tea and chocolate so have to get going. The hot water appears to be back in my bathroom (yesterday was a no water day) so I will take my shower now and then have my breakfast. I have a service and sermon to write today as well as a driving lesson with dsil.

(MF asked how it was going with dsil and I told him our recent interactions and he shook his head, amazed at the change in the relationship, he wasn't sure how we'd manage to get over the setback last summer.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:14 am

Happy Anniversary Dee & DH!!

I was wondering if anyone had anything like this?

(((Sunny))) glad you're feeling better. Yes, we all had something similar a couple weeks ago. I felt like I was dragging an anchor and my arms weighted 100 times heavier. My energy level was hovering around zero. DH and DS8 had the same symptoms too and they also had a fever. I don't know if I had a fever because I didn't check. I felt so bad that anything that I didn't HAVE to do was not done. After a few days, everyone felt better. I have no clue what it was. A virus?

Lady M, how is the new quilt coming along?

It is at a standstill. I am having a hard time making time to work on the quilt. I think I can multitask with quilting and monitoring the kids ……once I get used to the quilting process. But at first, I need to put my entire focus on the quilt while I am learning (again) how to do it. Since I am in child care mode 99% of the time, I am not making progress on the quilt. Yet. But I will! :)

I had a blast! So glad I did it.

Blessed - YGG!! POTB!!!

I have to eat "by the clock" whether I am hungry or not.
Trying really hard not to eat late at night

Elizabeth & Lucylee - Me too!
This is my next eating goal. I didn't have a good weigh in last night at WW. I was frustrated at first because last week I stayed within my points, drank my water and exercised every day. However, I frequently had 1/2 of my daily points left at 8pm so found myself scrambling to get them all in. I am going to eat by the clock to get my points spread out in the day instead of eating the majority late at night.

DGD6 is here today. That is always an extra challenge for DS8 to focus & for me to keep on track doing Homeschool lessons. I am looking forward to DGD6 returning to school in a couple weeks.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 am

The flooding for both our areas has been astounding this year, Kathryn. The lake shore flooding (Ontario) has been unbelievable ever since April. We have friends at church whose house has had water in it for months. Know people on your side have faced lots of the same struggles. Said on the news last night that they've had 18 flood alerts so far this year. Unprecedented.

Dh has gone to take a shower and dump a load of trash. Our dneighbor is mowing our 2 lawns. It's just been too wet to do it.

DS-A & family are going to the 1,000 Islands this weekend. Looks like a good one weather wise. DD is going to join them.

Thank you, LadyM. We're looking forward to a great day.

Going to try sharing this link. It's of DS-A speaking with reporters from a Rochester TV station about the new firefighter's training facility in our town. Let's see if I can do this:
http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/loca ... ter_News_8

Yay! I did it without any difficulty.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 am

Awesome d dee!!!! I loved seeing your ds and what great work they are doing

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:46 am

hi d kathryn - it's been flooding everywhere - crazy. we drove past the river over the weekend and many of the boats are out of the water bc their housings are almost completely under water. one of my grammar school friends, dock is under water completely.

hi d lady I wish your ds8 a wonderful day - and be able to focus even with his sister being there - not always easy to focus when other kiddos are around ;)

wishing you all a wonderful day. I have to leave soon - I have (hopefully) a day at home.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:47 am

I have slept well. ddog only got me up once. 3 min. room rescues are really a life saver for me I have a couple more to continue with today thanks for the mojo. Made a yummy roast yesterday planned left overs 2day.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:01 am

hi d nancy!

heading out to the library

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:14 am

The flooding isn't just in Dee, Cathy and my area. The Trans Canada highway we'll be taking next month on our drive around the Great Lakes was closed due to flooding a couple of days ago. In this case a detour will add a day to our trip should it happen again. They were saying you can't take logging roads around the flood zone because of the danger of washouts.

I'm still at my computer. Withings/Nokia finally responded to my support request. A day too late (I gave them 2 business days or 4 actual days to respond before returning it.) Even with the issue explained there were 6 other issues I had with the tracker, the most important was that no matter how I wore it, when I press the display button (no mean feat because it was buried inside my pocket) the display would be upside down. I still don't know why they designed it that way. To make matter worse, with their display font, upside down 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 all give you a legitimate number, just not the right one. I gave myself 3 weeks of wearing it to get used to its quirks but never managed to do so.

Gmail managed to crash 3 times when I was trying to respond and cutting and pasting my response during the first crash didn't work so I had to rewrite it.

All this to say, I'm still not s2s.

*Poof*

Return to “Post When You Can”