Thursday!!! What does your day look like?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Thursday!!! What does your day look like?

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:30 am

Hi Happy Thursday! I don't have anything inspiring or wise about our homes but I am looking positively on a good Thursday.

I get thrilled by a new day and the possibilities that it may hold.

What is on your day ahead? I hope its a great one!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Thursday!!! What does your day look like?

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:58 am

My quote that I pulled for today:

we must take risks today to learn lessons for tomorrow

Mark Zuckerberg
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 am

Not sure why I'm having to keep logging in and kicked off several times.

I get thrilled by a new day and the possibilities that it may hold.
Like that, Blessedw2. I need to be thrilled the minute my feet touch the floor -or really before!

We had a decent dinner finally for our anniversary (thank you for all the wishes btw!). I was a little disappointed in our dinner. This is generally an A+ restaurant but it just seemed everything was pretty ho-hum. But it was just nice being able to be out with dh. Though he was more than ready to ice his knee when we got back.

Went for a short drive on our golf cart with dd last night. On our way back -after dark- all of it sudden it bucked and died. Dh steered it and dd pushed it off the road and we walked home. Not easy in the dark on this road! DD stopped at friends campfire and they all came back and pushed the cart to our driveway. Dh and other worker just took it up outside the gate for the 'cart man' to take it to work on it. It had a full charge and new batteries so that's not the problem. Thinking about how much we really depend on it for transportation here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 am

Happy Anniversary d dee and mr. dee - so happy you were able to have your dinner together but sorry it was a o-hum restaurant. hope your golf cart is fixed quick - driving a golf cart sounds like so much fun - I always wanted to try one. :D - it's so nice you have friends and family so close to help. What a blessing!

ready to work :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:57 am

Harmony: put swim ear plugs in your ears when you wash your hair. That should keep the water out.

Apologies if someone else already answered this. I haven't cuop yet.

Dryer electronics are definitely flaky but only on the timed dry cycle. I'll send in a repair request.

It is also time to have the plaster bubbles done. Will send in a request for that as well.

I'm working on the Sunday service here. Still have a 2 prayers and a blessing to write and that's done (the rest was copying into my document what MF has already written but now I know the new order of service and while I worked I was making notes for sermon, children's time and prayers so I'm in the right mind-set now.

Dh just headed off for a movie so the apartment is quiet.

I will eat and s2s next. And a walk but not until I've listened to my last sermon prep podcasts to make sure I have enough material to settle in to write. I'll write after the walk (but think while I walk.)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:01 am

It is a blessing -big time, Blessed! We are so thankful for the 'family' that our campground friends have become. Don't think there's anything they wouldn't do for us. It's an amazing place to live. Over the years it's become a very close 'community'.

Cart man just called to say he forgot to tell dh to put our charger in with the golf cart. He wants to make sure that's okay as well. So dh just put it in the car to take it up to the front gate. He's barely moving today however. And this is the guy who asked me a few weeks ago about going up to the islands this weekend or down home for alumni weekend. Right! He can barely get around here. But he is up and moving.

The one drawback to dh being in the house, for me, is that he has the TV on and I get drawn in. So, I'm trying to ignore and go about my household tasks.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:24 am

hi d kathryn!

d dee :D

heading out to be productive and I hope that feeling lasts me the whole day rather than five minutes :D :lol:

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:32 am

Good morning! I am going to try to get the application report done today. That should work - all that is left are pagination and spacing fixes. Last night, I was later getting home than normal. There was an accident that closed the main road from the train station to home. Once I got there, I had a so-so dinner - chicken noodle soup. Probably should have put more protein with it, because my head is iffy this morning. (This brand is noodles and broth, no actual chicken pieces). Traveling companion friend is coming next week, so I got my franny in gear attaching the flower motifs to her sweater. That is about half done. (The motifs are things I crocheted to cover a manufacturing defect. Now it is a designer sweater.) I did this while watching a video I need to return. Two more episodes and I can return everything that friend loaned me. I also want to call her and tell her Lilly (who she found) has been adopted.

Tonight is a normal Girls' Night Out. I will show DD15 the Social Distortion tickets and she will be happy. We will discuss Labor Day plans. The x thinks that the hotel water park is MORE likely to give coughing fits than the outside water park in El Paso, because the latter will be warmer (and have more and better rides). However, the former will be significantly cheaper and will not involve any travel or hotel stays or restaurants. After DD leaves, I will continue with the sweater. It's not a difficult project, why have I been procrastinating? Perhaps it's the multi-page to do list. I have a DPC today, but the majority were completed yesterday.

Guess I should get on it. The daily loads have an anomaly, but it's on development and not production, and is the sort that usually means the expert has been developing something. I need only tell her of the anomaly. In the unlikely event it is unexpected, we will have to investigate.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:08 am

d elizabeth does your sweet dd have allergies - why the worry on his part? have a wonderful night out!

I worked a 1/2 hour on the kitchen - why I make this job sound so long - emptying the dishes and refilling took 15 minutes.
picked up dog gifts so dh wouldn't have to :| ;)
talked to d mom and we decided to leave at 11 bc she wasn't dressed yet- that was her request. Lol just got a call she is ready now! lol she sounded annoyed that I wasn't ready lol. :D so cute but she does sound like she has an attitude.... ;) positive thoughts positive thoughts. :D

meds taken

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:41 am

Swimmers ear plugs! Of course, why did I not think of those? I used to get them for my daughters back when they were little. Thank you, Kathryn.

Another strange day. And hot too again. I have been working on my desk chores which are stacked up badly, it's all in disarray. Got a few bills paid and out to the box along with a birthday card for DSisilaw with a note inside. Should have been in the mail yesterday. She is about the only person who consistently sends birthday cards with notes inside, very touching ones, and now I've missed hers. DH said he wished her H B on FB (which to me isn't very personal at all).

Been running in and out during all this helping DH with the truck. He is off to get another part, I'm praying this fixes the one problem. We've been told another part we need is obsolete. That's 3 out of 4 vehicles we own with obsolete parts. I know we should get new vehicles, but we are trying not to. We could run ourselves clean out of money if we did all that.

Now my plan to take a nice vacation once he retires is all up in the air. I had such hopes.... :(

Return to “Post When You Can”