Thursday!!! What does your day look like?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday!!! What does your day look like?

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:53 am

My day is going well so far.

** Went to the park at sunrise to walk and the kids hunted decorative rocks. DD joined us after we had been there for about 45 minutes.
** Home to fix breakfast for everyone and a much-enjoyed cup of coffee.
** DH launched to attend his cousins x-husband funeral. The x-husband is the father of her 3 kids.. I sent the Sam's buy list with DH and he will do the shopping after funeral & going to the cemetery.
** Homeschool day #23 is underway. DS8 is currently working on lesson #13 (Life of Fred, Cats book, chapter 8)

Harmony - is your DH being told by the parts store that the parts are obsolete or is he searching online for them and not finding anything? I do hope you are able to find the needed parts and are able to do the necessary repairs.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:01 pm

68* - 96* today's temp. range 104* on Wed.
tv is off I swept the carport. Journal done. cuop x.
Glad to see Harriet back on line posting.
I need to do some 3 to 5 min. room rescues. Kit. has been rescued.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:59 pm

I awoke this morning to a voice saying "low battery, low battery." It was the smoke detector. We have never had one that talks to us. By some miracle, I had the size of batteries that it needed. So far, dishes and laundry are done, supper is prepped, and shower floor has been bleached and scrubbed. I almost don't recognize myself today, getting all that done. Have to say the bleach smell gives the impression that the whole house is germ-free...not true!

Going to read now for a while. Waving to all!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Hey, ellyphant, do come back soon! Good to see you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi ellyphant! You got more done than I did today so far.

LadyM, I guess these are factory parts. Someone ordered a transmission cooler part for the pickup, I guess it will be an after-market part and lets hope it fits. He took the old part in and the one they had (a universal model) didn't have any of the connections or bolt holes that matched. We've called our friend who has our SUV to get at least the part # and name so we can do some research. He said it was all rusted out, (manifold). I'll bet someone somewhere has it (crossing fingers).

Parts for the big step van (picture the big Frit o L ay trucks or those big Ara mark Laundry trucks) have been obsolete for years now. But hardly anybody throws those trucks away, they are made from aluminum and last a long time. Their mechanical things are simple. We get catalogs from companies who have those things. And there's always the junk yard!

My appointment with ear dr. (7/7) was same day and time as another dr. apt. I can't change other one, she is always booked way ahead. So, I called ear dr. and got that one changed to 7/8. I hope I'll have a vehicle to get me to these places. They're too far and too hot to walk.

Statements done and proposals. It's amazing my house is in this good a shape with what little time I have to work on it. But I can see it going downhill. Laundry needs done and some folded up and put away. Idonwanna. I'm burned out. Maybe later.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:14 pm

I'm thinking you mean EIGHT/7 and EIGHT/8, Harmony? Unfortunately we're almost through month 7. :D Hoping vehicle all works out.

DD left about 2/3 hours ago to meet up with DS-A & family at Wellesley Island State Park near the St. Lawrence. Hoping the high water doesn't impact their stay. DD had a hair appointment and DS was leaving around noon. This way they'll have a car to drive around up there if they want to go do anything. They'll be back Sunday afternoon. DD leaves Tuesday early for FL. Can't believe it's time for her to go back already. But their summer was also shortened by two weeks. Their school year used to run fairly concurrent with ours. They're going back to their old schedule which shortened their summer. And we've been so busy it seems like she was barely here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm

I just declined taking kids swimming. It is 104 outside and I don't want to be out in that for an hour even if I was in a swimming pool. I used to not think about staying out of the heat, but this year it is high on my priority. When the temps go about 95 degrees then I want to stay inside.

If you are a bullet journaler and don't want to get caught going down a creative rabbit hole.....then don't google/watch how to do Dutch Doors in Bullet Journaling. Not that I took my own advice.... :roll:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:24 pm

I love that state park, Dee! When I was a teen we had a cabin cruiser based in Alexandria Bay and that was one of favourite places to go.

The day is almost gone.

La Machine (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/la ... -1.4222642) starts tonight so I've declared we are going downtown to see the very beginning and then I'll decide if I'll go again on Saturday or Sunday after we get back from Pembroke.

I have a problem with believing construction vehicles are beings. I'm 'normal' about cars and trucks but for some reason my mind easily sees a front end loader as an animated being. I blame the book "Are you my mother?" where the baby bird at the end, asks the steam shovel, "Are you my mother?" and it returns the bird to its next.

So I know I'll see these as beings not machines and I'm worried I'll be terrified when they are actually out wondering the streets. Tonight the spider wakes up and I assume comes down off the roof of the Basilica, and the dragon horse is still asleep at city hall. So they won't be roaming the streets and I can gauge my reaction to them while they are relatively 'quiet.'

I've spent a lot of time reading and thinking on my service and sermon. I'll put fingers to keyboard in a bit.

Dh and I walked to the store.

I sent some emails for the Rent stuff and residents' association. And paid a couple of bills.

So a really quiet day here.

Wow, for the first time (I think) since we moved here, I smell skunk. Haven't seen one either.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm sure they'll have a good time up there, Kathryn. Their friends from Ottawa may make the trip down to see them at some point this weekend.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi everyone!

It is pouring rain here again and there are puddles everywhere. The ground is completely saturated.

Um... I don't think that is an actual skunk that you are smelling Kathryn. Possibly just something that smells skunky. Do you have any new neighbours? LOL! There are some legal grow ops here and if the wind is blowing the right way, I smell skunk. ; ) Dh and I were walking out of a store not long ago and I said "I smell skunk!" loudly without thinking about it and as I said it, 3 young men walked passed us. Dh said it wasn't the animal, and we both laughed as the 3 young men gave us weird looks, like "How would those 2 old people know what it smells like??"

Got a water sample from the cistern dropped off to the department of something or other that had a booth set up in the library building in town. I should know the results next week.
Last edited by CathyS on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”