FRIDAY FINISH WHAT YOU CAN

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: FRIDAY FINISH WHAT YOU CAN

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Harriet -- I alternate black slacks/brown slacks. Every Sunday. Both polyester. Quite a few tops to add variety, but these are my only comfortable pants except jeans. I do have a few more I can get into and VERY occasionally will put in the mix... but mostly it's black/brown/black/brown....
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:00 pm

H. is home we had dinner it was yummy and I am glad I had it ready to go. Easy peasy. Time to feed hens & check on laundry . I finished a dish cloth. Hot pads are next. Harriet I bought a blue / grey tie die Beatles tee shirt in the mens dept this week and over sized seafoam green one this week both new great price on em one a bit spendy but saved on the other one made it not so bad. I tossed a ripped one.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Dolly had her coat of many colors and I have pants of many colors. Ya know it's a live life juicy kind of thing :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:40 pm

Thank you, lucylee and Nancy. Nancy, I especially liked that you bought something new and then tossed something that needed to go - what a concept, huh? I'm wearing navy colored poly slacks Sunday, lucylee. How original. Maybe in the right light, no one will realize how many times they've already seen them. I can dream!

For August, maybe the arrival of the new things will give me more hot-weather options. Ramblin', for instance one of the colors I bought is called, "pewter". :o NOW I'm living dangerously, right? Right? :lol:

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Uhh Harriet... you're gonna look marvous darlin!!! Sunday church may never be the same
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Speaking of wardrobes, mine is very limited. We were looking for a church for over a year in our new location, so I got by with 3 or 4 uniforms. Now that we have settled in at the 17th church we visited, I need to go shopping, I guess. I just refuse to be uncomfortable and hate to shop for clothes. For everyday clothes, I get by with a few favorite t-shirts from Aldi or from the local ballfield, where they sometimes give them away for free. Sorry to ruin my image here! :lol:

I also have new glasses. Mine are a bright color, which I love. A new friend at church told me she wouldn't be able to pull that off!

I spent some time outside today, deadheading flowers. Also restyled some curtains to make them a little less old ladyish. As a result, I have 2 more valances to donate.

DH and I went for a frosty after supper. We miss our former home, but are trying to enjoy the conveniences of our new town.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 pm

Hello, elly!

And Lilac -- hi!!! How's everything going?
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:03 am

Finished the sermon! Technically it is still Friday somewhere in the village, just not here!

Now to go cuop.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:17 am

Hmmm, I may start a members only thread where those of us with new glasses can post pictures of them.

I'm not sure of mine either. I startled myself after the movie when I looked up while washing my hands in the washroom!

So we went to the movie this morning. It was a Canadian film, Bon Cop, Bad Cop 2. Won't play in the US so I won't say much except we loved it. We rewatched the original earlier this week and this one was lighter and more cartoonish. Which was good (the original was at the edge of my intensity tolerance.)

We came home and I had lunch and then settled in to working on the sermon. It was a struggle to get rolling and didn't happen until late afternoon. By 6:30 I had finished the first draft and we walked over to the beach and had dinner at the cafe there. Then we took a long walk back. It took another hour for me to settle in and get back to work on the sermon. It is finished now but there are still three prayers to write. And lots of practice.

The only other thing I finished today was a load of laundry.

Dh was to bed over an hour ago. I'll creep in now. Tomorrow is supposed to be another lovely day so I hope to get downtown to see more of La Machine.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:20 am

I did several rounds this evening, rebooted the dish washer, laundry twins were going, watered the yd. decluttered a shelf put some books and journals away, unloaded a couple of hot spots. feeling productive yea!

Return to “Post When You Can”