FRIDAY FINISH WHAT YOU CAN

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: FRIDAY FINISH WHAT YOU CAN

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:21 pm

kidN came early today.
Store run done got shrimp and brickets for bbq.
Got the butternut squash cleaned and it is done.
Swept kit.& dining rm. made bed.
Rounded up the laundry
picked up living room.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Dee, I sure hope your DH's knee is ok. "Snapped" - not a good word.

Finish what you can. Yeah. We're trying as hard as we can. Work work work. DH found the part we need for SUV on ebay but it won't be here till next Friday. $90+ for that metal pipe, and there will be more hoses and fluids. Another week without a vehicle for me except the dump truck. :cry: I'm feeling caged up, have things to do and can't do them easily.

DH looked for my ear plugs as I'd described them and he had a whole different idea of what I said and couldn't find anything; pharmacist was too busy to help; maybe I just won't wash my hair for another 10 days. :( They're online but shipping is 3X the plugs, or they wouldn't be here to be of any use.

He picked up the part for the truck and we got that in, he fixed the 2nd part and all is assembled and fluids all checked and filled. He is out now and hasn't returned so I guess it is ok. The 2nd part we had to buy was because it was attached to the radiator and so tightly bolted together he couldn't get it off without damaging it. $190 for the 2nd part alone plus all the antifreeze, etc.

We are both very frustrated. He has work stacked up, things to do; the counter is lined up with paperwork I've done for him, so he's got about 4 people to see. One door we put in recently is "damaged" and I know it was a-ok when we left that day. ...sigh...

AND it is the end of the month. I need to do that work next.

Dinner is in the crockpot. Well, half of the dinner anyway.

Blessed said my house was amazing! Hahahaha :lol: I said it was amazing my house is in THIS good of a condition given the little bit of time I have to spend on it. Certainly NOT amazing. But we have food to eat, and clean clothes to wear. It's as good as I can get it right now.

I hope Sunny is feeling better.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Finishing (and starting) a sermon. Will come up for air and CUOP when I can.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 pm

It's been a busy morning. This is the first time I've sat down in the past 8 hours. Besides the normal activities (walking at the park, homeschool, cooking meals, pool care) I went to an estate sale. I bought a couch & love seat and several misc items. I came home and got DH and the pickup to load the furniture in. I put the "new" couch and loveseat in the living room and moved a couch and over stuffed type chair from the living room to the fun room. DS8 decided to count how many places we have for people to sit down and he said it was 46 seats. I think that might be high but maybe not. I know this house was remodeled to enable entertaining. I need to do more of it.

I've spent some time finding out who DS8 teacher was on Wednesday night at church. I messed up and didn't explain to her that he has Tourettes before he attended the kids class at that church. DS8's head was doing the whiplash movement several times and she told him to stop it. He told her that he can't stop it because it is a Tourette's tic. I have texted with her on FB and apologized for not letting her know before he attended and explained it. She is very welcoming and supportive of DS8 and DGD6 attending kids class at their church on Wednesday nights. I want DS8 in a classroom as often as possible.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:32 pm

quick hi - saw local aunts and cousin from out of state (d mom was with) really nice seeing everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Looks like all I'm going to finish is getting my hair cut...
what a lazy day. Dh couldn't sleep last night... so... y'all know how THAT story goes...

Yesterday -- dgs completed swimming lessons. He's not REALLY swimming in his own yet, but he has come a LONG way for a kid who declared that "EXACTLY, I don't think I'm going back," after day one. LOVES jumping off the diving board. (Of course, teacher is right there to help him get back to the ladder.)
Ds and ddil want him to take from this lady again next year. If may be expensive, but since he's kinda hesitant with other kids, private lessons are probably best. They want dgd to take next year too.

Also kept dgrands a couple hours yesterday after we got home.

STILL have not finished vacuuming..,,
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:39 pm

awesome about d grandson d lucy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:45 pm

dh is not here; I am tired from sitting and I am trying to finish what I can.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Harmony, look in the drug store or I think W mart for a "waterless" shampoo cap. You put the cap on and just massage and wallah it's done! I used 2 or 3 of these after my heart attack. Can't remember exactly what they're called. They're not especially cheap, but are good in a pinch. I still have some. Dh thinks we got them at W algreens.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Dee had a good idea, Harmony. My idea was to print out what you saw online for the next time dh might go to look. Or, call pharmacy and ask for help in getting the exact name of whatever brand they might carry, for the next time he goes.

Twins' good job on all the learnin'.

This week has not been productive, as I am preoccupied I guess. Fielded long phone calls on various subjects, none of which are exactly uplifting. Managing.

I did get a bunch of clothes ordered - wasn't going to order so much but there was a deep discount sale on limited-size summer-weight stock, and so after picking the main things I wanted, I skimmed through to chose about 5 of those at the last minute, too. One will make a good Christmas present, one may be useless because the slacks I ordered with it turned out to be out of stock, but the rest will let me choose between more than just a couple slacks, I hope. A well-meaning but new, young and naive lady at church Sunday commented that she couldn't believe I was wearing black poly slacks in hot weather. I responded honestly that I wanted to wear the top and literally had nothing else to match it. Didn't bother me at all ... but... ... eventually I realized I couldn't quite get the conversation out of my mind... ... :( Truth be told, my wardrobe IS limited.

AND finally got my glasses. Generally good. No longer peering over the tops or taking glasses off to read. A possibility they will not "dig" into the side of my nose on one side like the others did - we'll see. Tentative thumbs up from HRH and dd18 on how they look, but I watch their faces and I see uncertainty even when they say something positive, lol! Truth - I don't think I look as good in the shapes of frames I was able to find. I look better in the more rounded oval I found before, but they simply aren't out there now and you find wider ones instead. Maybe the former style will come back into existence by next time. 8-)

Return to “Post When You Can”