SATURDAY SITUATIONS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
ellyphant

Re: SATURDAY SITUATIONS

Postby ellyphant » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:03 pm

Windows are open, lots of cool fresh air here today. Hello, friends!

HARMONY, there isn't much to tell...new job for DH, new state, very stressful. I got to live alone in the woods of PA for months while DH lived alone in a bachelor pad apartment! House finally sold and housing market in new place was crazy. Houses were selling so fast there was no time to think about it. We saw this one and jumped on it. It is very different from our old house, but turned out to be just what we needed. The bulbs and plants in our yard are an amazing assortment of various plants we left behind in previous 4 states where we have lived. When we bought the house, we had no idea all that was in the yard. To me, it means that God knew what we needed better than we knew ourselves! However, there is a serious lack of Amish and Mennonites here! I miss seeing them everywhere.

Need to go make a blueberry cobbler now. Have to keep our blood sugar up, you know!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:10 pm

hi d elly!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:29 pm

Oh Elly it so good to see you again.

I love the true Amish potato chips and other delights they are known for. Many years ago I moved to a new home in a small Alabama town, not far from where Harper Lee lived. I hired a man to wallpaper my kitchen and when he came to work I discovered he was from the Mennonite community not far from my new home. My family has strong ties to Buck and Chester Conin Pa so I was very familiar with the Amish and Mennonites, but to be honest I never expected to find them in rural Al. So much for what I know :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Dee, I'm sorry they dragged DH out to do a repair while he's trying to stay off his knee.
Me too, Harmony. Went over this morning to 'fix' the problem. He thought it was going to be a long process. However they found the problem fairly quickly. Somehow one 'seasonal' camper's wiring between the power pole and his RV shorted out. But there was a problem with the RV itself. Somehow dh sorted it all out. He admits he's been on his leg too much today. But it didn't take all day as he feared. Perhaps he'll get a 'bonus' or a raise out of it? Right! Not likely to happen. There were several sites without power and it somehow went across the roadway and shorted out another box that caught on fire.

Went to town to buy the part for the water heater. First store said they didn't have it and to go to the other side of town to the RV store. Went in there and asked: Answer -3/4" or 1/2". Went back to car to call dh and he was still on the other side of campground working on the electrical problem but would measure later. Came back here and stopped at M eyer's RV Camping who were having a 'meet & greet' with free hot dogs, prizes and $25 gift cards. Went to the baby shower and got so doggone tired I just decided I had to leave. Stopped at the RV store (this used to be C amping W orld -long story) and got one in the 1/2" size dh texted me that I needed. Brought it home and dneighbor tried to install it -wrong size. So back to RV store we went and got the 3/4" store and got the correct one. It's now in. And the nice thing it was less than the 1/2" and was free anyway with out 2 $25 cards. Also picked up the drop ins we needed for our holding tank and a few other things -all free. At least they're only 9 miles from us in our home town.

Coming home from the shower I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. Took a short nap in between trips. Came home and have been sipping a P epsi/Zero. I'm feeling much better -also took a couple of t ylenol. Not sure what hit me but I was truly spent.

Now dh is dozing and icing his leg. We have dd's DBailey here with us. For the most part she's just climbed on the couch (covered with a sheet). She's really no bother. We'll probably take her home tomorrow before we leave camp. We have a funeral at 11 o'clock for dh's sidekick here. So there's several skipping church to be able to go. We hadn't planned on church because of the time gone and dh sitting with his leg down. Hopefully the service won't be all that long.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Off to bed now. Ended up taking a nap instead of dragons. Hopefully tomorrow although one of the tenants said they couldn't get a bus this morning because they were all full with people going downtown to see the show. There were more people today than for Canada Day. So the event is a success!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:00 pm

I have been watering this afternoon.

A stiuation - KidNs step mom got some chicken feed & grit she rescued a baby quail from a cat. Mon. it will go to a near by collage with other baby quail.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi, everyone. Sitting here following my visit to colorist and have just gotten hair into scrunchie.

This morning was a big housecleaning push for dd18 and myself. That was welcome.

Visits today from the young man and from dstepson. The young man's parents sent cantaloupe and tomatoes and I had a tomato sandwich for lunch. Dstepson invited dd and the young man over for time around his new outdoor seating area playing with his ddog. I think they all enjoyed that. HRH went briefly. I enjoyed the house to myself and just sent greetings!

I am not sure I told you all that ddil has accepted a position at the closer hospital, so their lives will be easier while she's working toward her NP degree.

Slacks discussion - when I was a teen, I just HAD to have a pair of mostly white bell-bottoms with red and fushia rose blooms print, each bloom about 7 inches in diameter, and a purple sash belt. They seemed like a good idea at the time. I had almost forgotten those until our chat yesterday.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:03 am

Hi to blessed, RRose, and all! RRose, I remember that you are also familiar with Boscov"s (that's another thing I miss).

Harriet, your bell bottoms sound very snazzy!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Return to “Post When You Can”