SATURDAY SITUATIONS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SATURDAY SITUATIONS

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:49 am

Maybe you have a situation you're dealing with today or maybe already have. Good for you!

Mine is going to be a crazy day and dh's as well. I'm not even s2s yet but I've been out and about. Had an emergency situation here last night and dcampowner called dh to ask if he was up for a golf cart ride. There was a fire on one of the electrical boxes but the campsite across the road lost power. Dh finally told distraught owner how to do a temporary fix. But today he had to go over there as the other electrician they hire in (at a much greater rate than dh is earning :? ) is combining today. So dh has gone to try to fix it with the aid of his 'helper' (and I say that very loosely). In the meantime our 'cart man' called and was here with our golf cart after a $120 repair. So I took dh down in the car. But when I stepped on the deck I wondered why I heard our water wheel turning. Dh limped to the back figuring it was water dripping off the roof on to the deck roof. Not so -our water heater was pouring water out the relief valve. So, once I'm dressed, I have to go to town to try to buy a new one. Our dneighbor is going to put it in for dh when he comes back this afternoon. Dh did get it to stop running by banging on it several times. Sure the neighbors were awake then!

I have a baby shower at 11. Have to get that gift bag ready to go before I leave for town. Dcamp manager gave us our mail while we were out front. One is a box of fruit from our church here for dh, his new prescriptions, and a check for disability. Think we have 1 more check coming and they started automatic direct deposits yesterday as well. It's not a lot, but surely better than nothing.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Re: SATURDAY SITUATIONS

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:59 am

I drank a glass of tea yesterday at noon and reaped the rewards of having a boost of energy and overall loved the experience. I went to sleep normally however I woke up at 3:00 am this morning and was DONE with sleep. I tried to make myself sleep but gave up after 45 minutes. I am not positive it is the effect from the glass of tea, but I suspect it. Afternoon energy or regular sleep pattern. Will I have to choose only one? I'll give it a week or so for my body to get used to the tea and make my decision then.

The instant pot made a half dozen hard boiled eggs for me this morning. They were the easiest eggs I have ever peeled.

I am doing 45 minutes busy/productive and 15 minutes rest/regroup today. I downloaded an app on phone and have the 45/15 minute timers linked so they automatically switch between them without any interaction by me (other than acknowledging that it is time to switch).

It has been raining this morning so I haven't walked yet. I will either get on the treadmill or walk later to get my 30 minutes of non-stop exercise accomplished. My goal is to exercise hard enough to be sweating by the end of that time.

Kids are hungry. Again. Everyday. many times a day. :) *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:55 am

we had a mysterious situation last even just before bed a loud sounded like two basket balls hitting the back board or a deer jumping on the rail on front porch. A bit startling. A car had stopped on the street looked like a neighbor. I could not see any damage or anything unsual when I went out to check.

Laundry is going. Journaling done. I am waiting on paint to dry before going to the trading post. h is up. I am thinking on going to Joanns. a store run is needed but may not happen today might need to stay off my leg.

Washing old pj elastic for stretchy resistance piece for leg exercises. Will have to do for now. wondering if I tie a rock in a sox could work for leg ankle wt. :idea:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am

Yesterday Ellyphant said something about moving to a different town. I hope she would come back and tell us about that.

Dee, the problem with getting a waterless shower cap or whatever it's called...is the GETTING. DH's pickup which he just fixed is always loaded with tools in the bed with no lock/cover so I'm not wanting it to sit out in parking lots. And I'd have to take the dump truck, blek. Only in a pinch do I do that.

We aren't in such a place that walking for shopping is easy. I'm thinking, I have a little gas station / convenience store nearby; I could get pizza or a sub there. But probably not ear plugs. I could walk 4+ miles to a Tar get and most likely get them there but the traffic that way is pretty bad and no sidewalks for most of that, also a lot of road construction building sidewalks for the other half.

DH always asks what I need while he's out, but he was unsuccessful getting plugs when he tried.

Dee, I'm sorry they dragged DH out to do a repair while he's trying to stay off his knee.

End of month stuff happening here. I just put in payroll taxes.

I should clean the house. Should. Thinking about it.

Nancy, when our SUV had its leak, it happened all at once with a big huge POP! before all the water (steam) leaked out. Not a firecracker?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:08 am

quick hi - I woke up late, sat on my franny and drank coffee - and it's 10 am what?!

dh is already busy and my franny is glued to my seat - mmmm time to work
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Harmony:

1. say a prayer asking for the hair washing solutions you need.
2. Then phone the pharmacy to see what they have and record the details or even ask them to put them aside in your name.
3. Phone someone from church and ask them to run the errand for you, picking up what you need. Explain you are car-less these days and dh is unavailable to run the errand for you.
4. They will be the hands of God and answer your prayer.

If we are always doing for ourselves and never asking for help, we never give another a chance to serve us. We are all called to serve so it seems to me we have to let others help us from time to time.

</sermon>

FYI: If I didn't know Harmony practiced her faith actively, I would have worded the answer differently but with the same advice, since I'm all about building community.

I'm up, dressed, bedroom is put to rights, kitchen is as well, I've had my breakfast and I've watered the balcony plants for the first time today.

I have a couple of Residents' Association task, then will get going on finishing tomorrow's church service. I'm allowing an hour for the latter and I guess 45 for the former. Oh, and 15 minutes for lunch.

Then I'm heading downtown to watch more of La Machine.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks, Kathryn. I did have several solutions I chose not to use. DH did offer to take me out to the store. Ahem....... I guess I've been miffed...... and annoyed....... and said no. I think they call that cutting off one's nose to spite their face. I don't know which one of us is more stubborn, him or me.

I could have asked my neighbor, as she and I have swapped chores a couple times...but they've been having their house fixed and they are so stressed over bad workmanship they told their workers not to come back for 10 days. I didn't want to bother them in the midst of all that.

I could have just taken the dump truck. Got tired of driving that big thing all over. Stubborn me again.

So here's the bright note: DH had cleaned out the whole bed of the pickup and only had the big chop saw in there. I went out and hauled that thing out of the truck (stubborn again I guess, he would have done it for me) and told him I was going to the store.

Little pickup is very easy to drive around. I dropped off my (read) books at the library and went up to the store. Got my ear plugs and a bunch of groceries we were needing.

We are both out of sorts with all the mechanical work we've been doing. And we're both so used to being self-sufficient, taking care of most everything and not needing help. It's a bad way to live. Sometime we are going to need help and that's going to be very hard for us both. I know God is trying to show us something. That is how one lives in community, helping and being helped where needed.

One of the reasons we even have all these old vehicles is the fact that newer ones are not too user friendly as far as repairs go. On top of the money to buy, we'll be at the mercy of garages to fix and maintain. We haven't gotten used to that idea yet.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm trying to pull myself out of the genealogy "Bubble" and return to real life. I walked w dfriend M and R uby this morning - long walk - and Muffin is doing okay home alone.

I need to head out and go see dmom, and go to the grocery. I haven't even been home long enough to figure out what we need but I know some things are needed for sure. DH and ds have gone to Costco.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:45 pm

did french for 2 hours ;) fell down a rabbit hole

hope you all are doing well
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Service is finished and printed off. I'm going to put it in my preaching binder and then tidy up all the resources. I've also had lunch and started to dishwasher.

Finding the files I need for the RA is a different problem. Haven't made much progress on that. Sigh... I really want to go see the dragon downtown.

Return to “Post When You Can”