Sailing through Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sailing through Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Changed out my art bag. I convinced h to cook the puzza for lunch.
I have the hose on a trickle and have been putting it by trees and bushes for an hr or so then move it hens are tickled to cool off their feet and has cool fresh water as well.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Home 12 hour after leaving!

Left the apartment at 7:20 and the garage at 7:30. Arrived at 9. Today it took ten minutes less than usual and dh wasn't pushing the speed limit dramatically (everyone speeds on that route.)

We had a second breakfast at the truck stop and arrived at the church at 9:40.

Service went well, coffee hour was an intense talk with someone I was glad landed at the church I will be at. He used to attend the other church as well (the one that split the charge in half and caused MF so much grief.)

We turned down joining the movers and shakers for lunch and drove to dd's place arriving around 2:10. Dgs was up and played for a bit but got tired so mommy tried to put him down but no luck. While she did that, I took dsil out for driving practice. His first lessons went well, he was better prepared than the instructor expected so they talked more theory than driving since he didn't need to practice acceleration or turns (we had probably done 40 turns last week!) Today we practiced parking and then a quick run through the neighbourhood and two difficult left hand turns on busy roads.

We were invited to stay for supper so we walked over to the store with dgs in the stroller, hoping he'd sleep (nope!) and bought meat for dinner and had a nice supper. Dh had an excellent playtime with dgs before dinner and I had one after.

So it was a lovely evening but I can hardly keep my head up so am heading to bed. Nothing to deal with in email and I'm soooo tired I'll be useless. Yes, I know it is only 8 p.m. !

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:28 pm

heading out for a short walk with dog in neighbourhood - neighbourhood kids and neighbours out - done
dishes washing themselves
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:29 pm

glad service went well d kathryn
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Have only cuop through last night -- but this certainly caught my eye:
a pair of mostly white bell-bottoms with red and fushia rose blooms print, each bloom about 7 inches in diameter, and a purple sash belt. They seemed like a good idea at the time.

Oh, Harriet, please share a picture if you come across one!

My fashion MUST HAVE's in high school included the very wide bell bottom jeans, dragging the ground. Dmom always complained, "We spend $15 dollars on a pair of jeans, and you walk on $7 of them."
LOL... $15 for a pair of jeans...
Also Had To Have...
toe socks, rainbow colored
clunky platform sandals
Earth shoes (with the inverted heels)
a silver shiny blouse (which dbro later wore in his stint as a magician, but which I thought was the most beautiful thing in the world, with my jeans)
two long sleeve t-shirts, very tight, which had photo screen prints of (1) Clark Gable and (2) Groucho Marx
tight black t-shirt w/"Elvis" written in gold sparkly letters across the front, bought in Panama City Beach the weekend Elvis died. (I was also pouting b/c ddad would NOT change our vacation plans and go to Memphis instead.)
:D
Also a t-shirt that said, "Seniors Do It Better," which my ddad did NOT quite approve of.
:oops:

Yesterday's situation was Nashville. We went to the Grand Ole Opry and Madame Toussaud's (sp???) Wax Museum w/ds & ddil. We all had a nice time, and dh said he thought he had enjoyed it more than any trip we'd taken to the Opry. Which is saying a lot, especially considering that the Opry line-up was NOT anything to write home about.
OTOH -- if you EVER have a chance to see Chonda Pierce (a female Christian comedian) -- do NOT miss the chance to see her. I just love her. We had seen her at the Opry before, but ds & ddil had not.

(((blessed))) I hope the bad (cranky) feelings pass soon. You are usually so upbeat and positive! I guess everyone gets to be down every now and then. You've earned it, LOL! IKWYM about watching the $$$. Good gracious -- we were glad to see that our retirement checks had been deposited yesterday -- rather than tomorrow, as expected. Then we realize, every penny & more is accounted for, so... sheesh...

Like I have said before -- I know we are blessed to have our current problems -- we would not be fretting this much if we had not locked up so much $ in a 3-yr CD. I mean, when it comes due, it's not like we're going to buy a yacht or anything; we're never going to be rich -- BUT... for goodness sake, we might not have to debate using the credit card to buy groceries after it finally comes due. DH is just kicking himself for tying up that savings account for that long a term. We just didn't realize how much we had helped ds/ddil with getting dmil's house ready and the expenses we're still incurring there. But I'm sure we'll get by, and I do realize we have much to be thankful for.

(((Mr. Dee))) for knee pain, and for loss of dfriend.

Still haven't cuop properly, so I know I'm missing a lot of stuff.
Today was just normal Sunday -- church... nap... Walmart...
I still need to wash dishes and do my allergy shots... water plants... etc.
I did NOT get all my Sunday card tasks done in a timely manner after church.
Haven't talked to dmom since Friday... :oops: I guess -- I'm hoping -- that no news is good news!

Also some concern here -- dh has noticed that dgs does talk to him as readily as he does me. Kathryn mentioned one time (I think it was Kathryn?) that a child with Asperger's or autism of any degree needs a "safe" person to go to and that it sounded like I was it for dgs. Well, aside from his parents, I must say, I believe I am... and I don't mind at all... I only pray that he and I will always be close. BUT... I do NOT want dh to feel excluded by us, ignored/etc by dgs. Spent quite some time on the way to church (dh did not go) telling dgs he had to be polite and talk to granddaddy too... that granddaddy loved him every bit as much as I do, even if granddaddy isn't always hugging and kissing on him.
I am so anxious to see how this all goes when kindergarten starts, too...
DGS tends to look down or away, mumbles, has not much to say to others -- adults or kids his own age. We talked about that too -- that you have to talk to people or they think you are rude or you just don't like them... and that we all have times we'd rather not be bothered by other people, but that's what being polite is -- doing the right thing and being nice, even when you don't feel like it.
* sigh *
Rose? Any ideas on how to help him learn to socialize a little better?
I'm so afraid he's never going to have real friends or that * worse * he will be bullied by others b/c he's "different." :cry:

He goes for 2 hours on Wed., August 9th, then all day on Friday. (Girls go 2 hours the 9th and all day Thursday. DH says that's sexist, but that's how they've done it here for a long time.) We're not TOO worried about dgs managing the GOING to kindergarten; he enjoyed pre-school in the same building -- BUT... it will be a big change to go all day, rather than a half day... and he IS still very emotional. Not about leaving his parents; just about getting frustrated when things don't go his way, when he messes up something he's trying to do, etc. And apparently he had trouble going to the restroom when other boys were in there during his preschool experience... so... we shall see. His teacher has a wonderful reputation, though -- at least 25 years experience, I'd say -- I've known her since high school, and actually went from kindergarten to high school graduation with her husband. He was a neighbor of mine, and on a few occasions, when I missed the school bus, I'd ride with him and his sister. We go to church together now, although they haven't been attending the traditional service with us for a while. But still... dgs is not without his little quirky complications. It's going to be a little like having the detective, Monk, in kindergarten. I hope he makes it okay, and I hope he doesn't make her crazy. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”