Sailing through Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Sailing through Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:58 am

Good morning, Happy Sunday to each of you.

I hope you sail through today and this week. Clear weather and steady wind to sail you through your week.

quotes:
life is like sailing, you can use any wind and it will move you into a new direction

you can't discover a new land without first losing sight of the shore

A ship at harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for

a smooth sea, never made a skillful sailor

SEAS THE DAY :D 8-)

lol I couldn't resist adding these
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Sailing through Sunday

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:26 am

Nice topic and nice additions, Blessed.

I'm slowly getting ready to go to the funeral this morning. I've s2s, meds done, dishes done, bed made and now I'm sipping my coffee. We need to leave here in barely over 40 minutes. I don't ever remember a funeral or calling hours on Sunday morning. I'm sure there's a reason.

When we come back I absolutely have to go to the laundry room and get the laundry done. I have full baskets for sure!

We've had DBailey here with us full time since Friday evening. DD will be home later today and we'll hand her back. Then dd will be leaving sometime Tuesday morning. DDIL is off this week so we won't have responsibility for dgs12. He's at "the" age. He was our responsibility for him yesterday morning. I had to be out and about so he was supposed to check in with Grandpa if he went anywhere. DS-R had called me and said dgs had lots of reading to do and was 'grounded' at home to do that. Within 1/2 hour of ds's leaving dneighbor saw him go by on his bike. Had to tell ds, though I didn't want him to get in 'trouble'. DS said, "No, he needs to get in trouble." Sure he skimmed a few pages (he hates school unfortunately) and off he went to play. So ds was going to call him. At any rate, a week with his dmom will be good for him, I'm sure.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 am

I am sorry you have lost a loved one or friend. I will be thinking of you as you go to the funeral. much love d dee

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:16 am

-dh and I had a lovely talk.
-I watched the 100 days of living without fear TED talk - I saw her progress a couple years ago. Her adventurers added a push, I needed to continue my out of my comfort zone challenge to myself. It was interesting.
-yesterday I was in pain most of the afternoon so I had to sleep - almost like a fibromyalgia type thing that happens - every nerve and muscle is tight and very painful. But today - wonderful. (movement helps)

I don't know what today will bring but I am excited to start... getting my timer and my cards and heading to work in the house.

made my Out of My Comfort Zone list for this week - if I do at least one; I will be happy

out of my comfort zone challenge I would like to try: goal/hope

1. Hiring dd younger (without her knowledge) to take me on a hobie cat to take me on a sailing lesson (really have her do it)

*taking my d mom to her old neighbourhoods to see where she had lived (hoping that they are not bad neighbourhoods)

*buying a bathing suit for this big body and using it in my pool and then the gym this week (or instead of the gym go to the beach by myself and swim in Lake Michigan.

*walk the dogs regularly in my neighbourhood when all the neighbours are out - walk with dh or others (don't know why - I can walk on my own but it makes me uncomfortable to walk with others even my sweet dh (dh: he is quiet in our walks which is ok; i can appreciate it. He many times wants to do something but turns back or doesn't go far at all - he gets warm or is out of his comfort zone all of a sudden - I want to make sure I walk with him but also take time to walk where i like as well - don't get disappointed if he turns back)

*- I am supposed to go on a slow river raft trip (where you go into your own sit down raft) that is terrifying for me. especially not knowing the river and with all this rain will that be safe.

looks quiet in the village
dd older and I got coffee and took a ride in the country near us (one of the roads is still flooded)
did 1/2 hour worth of paperwork and calendar updating.

did one hour of laundry put away (disliked every minute) ;) but I did it - I am like Pam's Nelli; temper tantrums ever second. I actually felt like stamping my feet.

took a tylone-l for a headache coming on.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:16 pm

I have traded rocks, painted some and watered yard in back. Journaling done. Breakfast is over. Knee was achey so resting it.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:21 pm

sounds like a wonderful morning d nancy - sorry though that your knee is hurting!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm

It was dh's work partner here for the past 15 years, Blessed. He stopped working about 6 weeks ago and obviously declined from there. The funeral itself waited on the pastor to arrive about 45 minutes late. We were all invited to a restaurant but I knew I had to get dh home. He wore slacks and dress shoes. The socks were difficult to get on -should have left them off. Between being in pain from his knee the top of the socks were excruciating to him. Even still it's hurting from those. Learned a valuable lesson today. Even my knee his were too tight and I still have a ring at the top of where they came on my leg. I won't wear those again either. And I have fairly slim legs. I did buy wider top knee his and should have worn those. A lot of the guys wore shorts and I should have put dh in those and sockless shoes. Some of the women (who should have known better) wore very short shorts as well.

People are having a 'cow' here that dh isn't working (not that they want him to, mind you). The guy doing his jobs is anything but competent. One couple had their tank overflow last night. Not a good thing for sure. On Mondays (tank dipping day) I bet he calls dh at least 8 times. And THIS Monday is the one day a month that they dip every tank. :roll: :o His wife has been going with him and if he doesn't quit after this week, it'll be a wonder.

I have 3 LOL going in the washers right now. Will go down in about 20 minutes to switch to the dryer twins. I was going to take some filing down and work on that on the long counter. Not happening -too warm in there. I'll do good just getting the clothes folded. Have some I figured I'd bring back here and just hang on the clothes bars rather than using 3 dryers.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Finally have the laundry finished -well not exactly. It's all folded and back at the Rv now have to put it all away. Might not do that until we come back from dinner. We're all going to our favorite burger spot about 15 miles south of here. Going in about 45-1 hour. Right now I'm trying to cool off. Relented and turned on the AC. It was 88 in here -time for AC me thinks.

I'm just going to relax for about a half hour or so.

Several people went for lunch at a restaurant after the funeral today. But we really needed to get home and put ice on dh's knee. He's had lots of pain in his leg because of the socks he wore. Won't make that mistake again.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:36 pm

It's been something of a quiet day here. I've done some genealogy work and now need to get busy pointing toward Monday.

-put chicken thighs in a bag to marinate
-empty the dishwasher
-start a lol
-start a list for this week and for Monday
-finish a citation that I left hanging

This house has been Freeeeeezing all day. It's nice out today - in the 80s but ds insists on trying to keep the upstairs at 70 degrees. I am so tired of having both dkids under foot still.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:13 pm

yes, d twins, it has been quiet today. :D sorry you are freeeeeezing

hi d dee - look at you at the laundry - awesome
have fun out at dinner tonight. saying healing prayers for your dh and his knees
again i am so sorry for the loss of your dh's work partner!

I have been cranky all day. sometimes more cranky than other times. ;)
trying hard to thwart off the depression feelings (I think I am home too much today and yesterday and feeling up to par)
also money has been tighter because of my extra classes but pay day is August 1 - just squeaking by this month :)

Return to “Post When You Can”