Most Excellent Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Most Excellent Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Elizabeth, I'm feeling kind of insulted that dMuffin slept in our Gr room on her bed last night instead of coming into the bedroom. BTW, we tried Prozac for her separation anxiety beginning about 4 days before I left, but she turned into a zombie dog. Dh and dkids discontinued it while I was away but she's been doing fine since. No howling thank goodness.

I have a cute hair cut and fresh color. My appt was on Wed and she needed to reschedule - she texted me this morning that she had a 10:30 cancellation so I went on. I've texted massage therapist too about rescheduling.

I made myself a chicken salad lunch using some of the chicken thighs from last night - chickpeas, grapes, celery and carrots. Enough for tomorrow's lunch too.

Next:
-fold a lol
-make the bed
-clear kitchen table
-refill meds boxes for the week
-clean up kitchen from making chicken salad :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:41 pm

Well -- MAYBE it will be a most excellent Monday here, LOL!

I do have a couple ta-da's:
I am s2s and have done my Bible reading and breakfast before dgrands arrive. (They will be here in about 15 minutes, while ds gives a lesson.)
(I haven't brushed teeth or put on makeup, however, b/c I've been eating...)
I ordered dh's birthday cake from Walmart for tomorrow & signed his card. * Still need to wrap gifts.
I printed out new checklist for August.

Today...
LOTS I need/want to do... probably will NOT get it all done but the PLAN is:
[ ] clean bathrooms
[ ] vacuum (Yes, yes, that is STILL on the L*I*S*T...)
[ ] change sheets
[ ] call dmom, possibly go put out her garbage for tomorrow
[ ] wrap dh's birthday gifts

(((LadyM & ds8)))

Stay dry * and safe * Harmony & Sunny! I am always interested in your weather b/c of your close proximity to dbro.
DH, DS, and DDIL are so irritated w/dbro. They do not think I could call him and get him up here quickly if dmom needed him... they think there would be more excuses. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt and tell myself if I REALLY needed him and let him know that, he WOULD make more of an effort to be present here. Dmom thinks he would also. DDIL says I should not have had to even ask when dmom was having that surgery in June; that anyone who really cared would have just got on a plane and got here. I just don't know... I'm just thankful things are relatively calm here right now -- and hope your weather is calm again too, soon!

I can certainly understand your frustration with all the extra driving, Dee. Glad your dh agrees that this will be the last year, anyway.

Waving back at blessed and EVERYONE else! Hope y'all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:34 pm

Not a bad Monday here.

Got up early and cleaned the kitchen. Also got the bed stripped and remade. We left for our dentist checkups at 10:15 and were home at 1:30. In between we also picked up meat for dinner tonight and bait for dh's fishing tomorrow. The man at bait store offered to take NFD and dh out in a boat to fish but they'll fish from the island tomorrow and then take up this offer ater.

I've started a load of laundry and picked up some mugs from the giveaway shelf.

At lunch and email came in predicting 2 weeks to 2 months for the couple to get their travel visa. Longer for the family to get theirs but they finished their medical testing today! So more progress on that side.

I'm exhausted and thinking of a nap. I'm also getting worried about my exhaustion level. I don't think I'm doing too much but I'm certainly feeling overwhelmed and overtired. My step count is down again but I can't tell how much since I don't have a tracker on my all the time any more. Still, the weekend was pathetic, low numbers (under 5K per day.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Another email - this time confirming a dining table is on its way to me and offering me a loveseat. They had it for sale so there's a link to the site. I've texted W and he'll look at the link and tell me if he wants it when he gets home (he's driving right now.) Technology is good in my good books, although my dryer seems to be dying. The first load of laundry had to be pulled from it (it was lightly clunking but it never clunks) and is now hung in front of an open patio door to finish drying. My king sized sheets are in the washer now. They will be harder than towels to hang up to dry!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi everyone!!

I had an absolutely horrid day at work on Friday. Owner of company yelled at me because she is hyper and it was lunch time on a Friday. I took the initiative and a while later I told her I wanted to have a word with her in the back when we weren't as busy. We went and had some words, which began with me telling her that I did not appreciate being verbally abused. 3 years ago, I would never had told someone to stop abusing me in any way. I cried at least 3 times at work on Friday. I also cried at various points during the weekend. I woke up sobbing this morning. Sooooo I put my resignation letter in the manager's hands this afternoon.

Before I did that, I went to my favourite bookstore. Talked to one of the owners and she asked me if I would consider working there! Of course! My dream job is to work in a book store. She said she has to talk it over with her husband and she will call or text me most likely tonight.

So, I am changing jobs one way or the other. Bookstore owner said that they have been thinking of hiring someone for quite some time. IF I don't get this one, there are actually a number of jobs on the job board at the employment centre, which I checked this morning when I went to print off some resumes.

House is a mess. Sort of. I vacuumed most of it on Saturday before we went out, and most of the dishes are done. I have taken the stinky garbage out and it is now in a large green garbage bag. New bag is in the bin.

Sudden thunderstorm just started, so I am shutting down.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi everyone! We are high and dry here...it is still overcast, but brighter than earlier today. We got some rain in the very early hours, before daylight. The eye of the storm came in over Bradenton, some 40 miles south of us; I think Harmony's area got more of the rain and storms than we did.

Dh and I went to W-M yesterday to pick up an RX refill and a few groceries. We made it home just before a rain shower started. He called in another script this morning and we picked that up after lunch . Other than that it's just been normal routines for me.

Dson#2 called yesterday afternoon saying they were home again after spending a few days with ddil's dparents. We also talked to ds#3 for a few minutes. He and ddil were doing grocery shopping for the coming week for their family. He and ddil are going away this week, I think. He has a training session for his job and will be in Phoenix. Ddil has to pay for her transportation, etc., but they will be able to spend their free time together. Nice for them to get away by themselves.

I have a load of laundry ready for the dryer. Thinking of everyone here...(((Hugs)))!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:06 pm

I brought in a half sheet of plywood and am cleating off the table will sort the things on the plywood get things out of the living room that go elsewhere. New table cloth is on the dining room table. I cleaned the microwave. Making progress before payroll.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:15 pm

went to bank for my brother - deposit mom's check - done
got coffee ;)
ate a bad lunch ;) should have made myself a sandwich
talked to mom while at grocery store - cold/freezer groceries put away
made date with one of d sis in laws

dd younger had a rough day today - private lesson she had to cancel bc of concussion a month ago - (she gave them other options, including getting another teacher, and told them she would not be able to sail for awhile, the two women, younger, got another teacher (which dd recommended) and they wouldn't look at her and made a comment on how "good" she looks now - as if she made it up. She said they acted like they disgusted by her. They spoke to her horribly and were very catty. I am always amazed when people think they have the right to talk to people that serve them as owing them. She said she can usually handle these type of people but she was caught off guard. it was really bad - so she decided to leave work early and come home; which is so unlike her. I can't figure out why people think they have the right to treat people badly.

two weeks ago I had been at an appointment with dd older and a woman arrived for her appointment 15 minutes late - she didn't apologize or ask if they had time but insisted they take her "now". She told the woman, who was waiting on her, to carry her purse - put the items in it - not a please or a thank you. I thanked the woman who did the work for this woman thank you. Still no thank you the entire time. dd older had to wait (which she was fine with) but appalled by how the woman behaved. i think manners by some people need to be rechecked and update. (soap box done :D )

I will follow others examples by using kindness
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:23 pm

Dusting is progressing. I have the bedroom areas left and then I'm done.

Then I need to vacuum. Ds is on his way over. He was at Costco so picked up more yogurt for me, bless him. I'll probably feed him dinner.

Still haven't heard if the couch is a go or not. Looking around my living room trying to figure out where I'll stick it for 2 weeks to 2 months. We aren't here for some of that time so it isn't as bad.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:52 pm

i hope you are all well.

time for putting the rest of the groceries away
up plug small freezer in 3 season room as it is over frosted - I may pull it into the yard as we are not supposed to have rain.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”