TUESDAY TRIUMPHS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TUESDAY TRIUMPHS

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:51 am

You can probably come up with at least one triumph today. Aim for that one.

I'm just doing breakfast. Have been up since a little after 7. Been trying to do a little spiffing before I leave for cardiac rehab. Dh's PT comes this morning while I'm gone. Going to try to change my appointment on Friday. It's at 10:30 right now. Dh has appointment 2 blocks down the same road at 2:40 that day. Hate to make 2 trips in there -it's nearly 50 miles round trip so if I can make them both at once that would be good.

DD left about 5:30 this morning to return to FL. Will miss her but only for 3 months. I'm expecting to drive down when dh does around November 1st. Maybe I can get a little bit up on his bachelor pad if he only has it for a couple of months in the spring. DD has to be back to work on Thursday. Students start next Monday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Re: TUESDAY TRIUMPHS

Postby Lynlee » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:31 am

waving to all

hugs dee
Hope DH's expectations for himself are reasonable, at some stage at least.
Wishing dd safe trip.

funeral today.
talked with various folk a while.
Went to wrong cemetery , so visited some others there from recently, and longer ago.
Went to nearby park to sit a while.

need to move towards bed before it is tomorrow.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:28 am

Morning...

Finishing my coffee and then will be starting morning routines.

Tore up my office yesterday in a mass decluttering attack. Looks like an explosion has taken place in there. Went to several dollar stores for baskets that will fit in my desk drawers and a three drawer file/storage container file. Already have two large give-away bass plus two banker boxes filled with books.

Need to get on it this morning. Also have to make a post office run but won't do that till this afternoon.

Been eating to clean out my freezer. Everything must go. Strange mishmash of dinners but my freezer is almost empty. Only buying fresh veggies and staples. My pantry is pretty much in good order after I re-organized it a while back. This tells me I did a good job when I redid it. I've been spending about 5 minutes or so each week making sure it stays that way. Hopefully once I get my office done it will remain organized as well.

Part of my desk dilemma is I have started sitting there to put my make up on. Plus I had a station for desk stuff like pens, markers, scissors and such. Goal... I only want my computer, printer and in/out box along with a place to hold bills to pay and a small note pad.

My makeup is contained in a basket under my desk.. and out of site .. along with my three hole punch. Biggest problem I need to solve is what to do with photos I take. I bought a file basket to use for that. I put all my photos on a cd disk, not on my computer and have a file box for that. I lable the cds so I know what is on them. However I tend to also make hard copies to either frame or put on my bulletins board which I rotate after a while.

I am excited to get this all done... then I need to address those camels which are peeking over the hill and twitching their tails and ears as they gaze towards my home with anticipation.

I spent much of last week helping my friend get her classroom reading for the start of school. I anticipate getting calls to sub on the frost day of school, but will have to think about that. Already been asked to do three week assignment which I turned down. Was referred by a teacher friend for to help a teacher who has a military commitment. Thanked the teacher, but explained I'm retired and don't do long term only work 1-3 days max a week.

Waving to y'all...off to start my day. My pups are hungry :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 am

My first triumph of the day. Getting dd, dgs and dsil to the physio appointment with minutes to spare! I arrived a minute late at their place (a triumph in itself) and then five minutes were spent trying to install the car seat into my car with the parents not agreeing on what was tight enough for the base. In the meantime I showed dgs my new bubble wand but he isn't as delighted with bubbles as I am. At least I'm getting my 74 cents worth of joy from this. I actually want to go back to the store and buy the rest of their stock!

I'm at the coffee shop waiting for the appointment to end. I'll be here about 40 minutes so have my computer so I could cuop, and my bullet journal stuff because I haven't started this week's pages yet. Still using last week's since I didn't use it much.

After I drop the kids at home, I have a meeting with our accountant so I'm dressed in business clothes today. It feels funny to dress up on a Tuesday (normally I only dress up on a Sunday!)

Now to get to work on my BJ.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 am

yay you got them there d kathryn!

hi d dee thank you for starting us. i hope your dd has a wonderful time the next 3 months. I know you will miss her. (())

sweet dreams d lynn (I'm sorry for your loss)

good morning Rose! can't wait to see your spiffy desk when you are done.

My day has changed. d mom and I were supposed to go to her old homes - when she came to this country etc. but she wants to clean house before the cleaning lady comes. She is feeling sad that cousin went to see her daughter, lovely woman. She comes back in two weeks before heading home.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:57 am

Good morning everyone! No triumphs yet, but it is early. Daily loads loaded. I had an extra Girls' Night Out with DD15 last night. The animal org had a painting fundraiser. A local place has a painting class where they teach you to do the painting of the day. They sell wine too. On fundraiser nights, orgs can get 25% of the class registration AND 25% of wine sales. We got a little over $320 with not much effort on our part. This morning I have another migraine. Can't fathom why - I ate what I thought was enough. It was the exact same thing I had the day before, which was ok. While typing that, I realized one significant difference - I had my eyes dilated, then had to drive and paint. Bet that's it.

I understand there is a question from lucylee in J&C that I may have useful info for. Would someone please point me to it? When I did a search, I got this:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: lucylee.
Since when did lucylee become a common word??? Yesterday, someone mentioned that autistic kids like to stick together. DD liked their company even before anyone knew she was one of them.

I'm so proud of CathyS for standing up for herself at work and so pleased another opportunity came up so fast. YGG!
Last edited by Elizabeth on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:02 am

Hi everyone!

My triumph... I actually slept in until 10:30. I have nothing to do and nowhere to go today! I hear an unusual noise outside, so I am going to investigate. I think they might be harvesting the wheat in the field beside and behind my house. We have seen numerous other fields that have been harvested recently and the guy that rents the land around us also rents numerous other fields in the area.

Supper tonight is salmon casserole. Exactly the same as tuna casserole, but opening 1 can of salmon instead. I made it for dh not long ago and he loved it. I have reduced the recipe by half so dh has no leftovers to eat during the night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:06 am

glad you slept in d cathy!
hi d elizabeth!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:29 am

Rosie, I am sooo glad you are expecting a "frosty" day of school down there! :lol: Will make it nicer when we get down there. You are making me tired reading about your office clean up. I am looking at mine and shuddering.

After I go pick up my prescriptions this morning I will let you know if it was a "triumph" or not. I can't seem to deal with these people at W--g---ns anymore. They never have anything ready and Mr. Guy and I are both going nuts over it. Other things they do and not do too. We are searching for another drugstore we can use here and in AZ. And, we need to have people who don't have strong accents. This is a real problem for me. :evil:

Hope you all have a good day. :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:29 am

I slept in, have water going in back yd. Journal entry done. s2s next up.

Return to “Post When You Can”