TUESDAY TRIUMPHS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: TUESDAY TRIUMPHS

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:14 pm

I didn't finish all my errands but did get some things done
I also got a pedicure - dd older took me a couple months ago and I have to admit I really enjoyed it.
tomorrow I will finish my errands: cabela's, order new meds, get tape for my get ready for Christmas box, hair cut at crooked cuts (as dh calls them ;) )
(they always do a nice job), stop by drs. office to make blood test appointment, new earphones (ours have died),

yay for d dee doing physical therapy and getting us started
YAY d lynn for all you do
yay d kathryn on keeping things together - hope your accounting meeting went well
yay on your office d rose!
yay to norma for all you do as well.
yay d lucy on tossing those big rocks out of the way
yes you did do something! you went to the post office d harmony and look how nice your laundry is looking
yay d nancy on watering and also limbering up that leg of yours.
Yay d twins walking a mile yay have fun tonight.
d elizabeth wonderful advice
hi d lady yay you are on #26 of home school - I will pray your dsons ticks calm down so he doesn't feel so tight in his neck.

hi to anyone I missed!

listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEs8yqhavtI the Venezuelan youth orchestra - amazing
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi again! I just finished a DPC. I needed to check on the refunds due our traveling companion that had to cancel due to ill health. That was today's WTF. Tonight's WTF is get glasses ordered.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:38 pm

I have swept the floor, fed the animals, painted two rocks. KidN did not coming today. Missed a phone call about my lab results cannot get through the office sigh left a message forem to snail mail it hope thay got through it is a nightmare to navigate that phone system. Got anothet csll my phone did not ring ack! Payroll in a few. No time to do that now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Posting something local in J&C for prayers/thoughts, etc. It involves lots of cats and it will make you sad and angry because the story just keeps getting worse.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:22 pm

PROGRESS -- Today's tasks -- my Big Rocks for the day --
[x] order bar-b-que for tonight
[x] call dmom -- is she coming to dh's bday party? Probably not.
-- second call -- NOT. Dmom said PT had just left and she was "hot, sweaty, and there is no way I am going to make it to the bank or anywhere else today. I will try to see y'all tomorrow.
[x] call ddil -- who is picking up the bar-b-que -- sent text
[x] s2s
[x] pick up cake at Wmart

Waving to ALL!
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:02 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HELIA & DH! I'm sorry is missed getting here for your special day!

Happy Birthing Day, Harmony!

Hello everyone! The sun has been shining all day here! So nice. We just had a light summer shower and as I was watching out the window of our back door I saw a rainbow coming off the roof at the corner of our house.

My triumphs for the day...
** packed all our vcr tapes and dvds from the entertainment center in the living room.
** processed through a pile of mail on the dining room table -- mostly junk thrown away.
** vacuumed and washed the a/c filter.

Ds#2 stopped here on his way home to pick up the nail gun and our air compressor. Dh told him to keep them! Last night I tried to set the a/c down a few degrees for the night...we keep the temp set at 78* during the day... Anyway the system did not turn on; I know I heard it running in the afternoon and early evening. So ds looked at the drain tubes and poured some bleach in to break up any algae that might be there. I had turned the system to off, so he set it on and it started up again. Slowly the house is cooling from 84*; it's now down to 80* and we have the ceiling fans running to help. I have one a/c check up call left from last year, so will call the office tomorrow and schedule the check up. Keeping my fingers crossed! x x x x x!

Dinner is over and kitchen cleaned up. I'm going to relax and drink some cold water. Have a good evening everyone!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:09 pm

My triumph today was getting through rehab. Even got to a point that next visit they're upping a couple of exercises. Mainly arm ones. They are really feeling good on my shoulder. Got my time changed from 10:30 to 2:30 on Friday. Dh has an orthopedist appointment less than 2 blocks away at 2:40. So he'll drop me off and come back after his appointment. PT 'discharged' him today. Said he's good as long as he keeps doing his exercises. And he's very attentive to that.

Waiting to hear from dd that she's reached her destination for today -just south of 26 on 95. She plans to reach home by tomorrow afternoon.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:50 pm

I put all my photos on a cd disk, not on my computer

When I read this sentence, I had a flashback to the days that I did IT support. I would get calls that a CD had become unreadable. I remember one lady had put MONTHS of work on a single CD without any backup. She was devastated to lose it all. Don't trust a $1 CD with your priceless files and pictures. It is easier to retrieve files from a corrupted hard drive than an unreadable CD.

WW weigh in went okay. Before stepping on the scales, I decided that I was pleased with my effort this past week....regardless of what the scales showed. It was a good feeling to know that I couldn't have done better than I did. The scales showing a 1.2 lb loss was a bonus.

DS8 is at VBS again tonight. Two of his life long friends are also attending so he is enjoying catching up with them.

I just made hotel reservations for DS8 birthday trip Friday/Saturday. He has planned every aspect of this little trip. He decided who will attend. He has decided where each meal will be eaten. What activities we will do. Detailed plans with timelines! He requested a hotel room that has bunk beds and thankfully I was able to find one. Bonus = the hotel is located next door to an indoor water zoo.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:44 pm

I am missing so much in PWYC because I'm overwhelmed. As Briscoe Darling said, just jump in and hang on.

My triumph today was teaching the study, being on time for that and staying within time limit. I was up rather late last evening still preparing, but not too bad. The poster dd and I created turned out well and HRH declared it easy to understand. We left it on the easel at church so people will be reminded they give space for our study.

Have been so busy that I haven't gotten to emails for a couple days and missed that dd and family want to drive in this coming weekend - Fri. Will be doin' a mess of house cleanin'.

Tomorrow needs to be Desk Day for our household.

How can it be August? I ask you... ..how?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Harriet: staying within the time limit is always a huge triumph!

Dgs was done 30 minutes early so my BJ was only 3/4 finished before I had to go get them. They had to wait 15 minutes because I had my coloured pens spread out in the restaurant, still had a thought to write down and a bathroom visit to make.

I played with him for about 20 minutes at home but he was pretty out of it today. He balance was off and he wasn't overly engaged with things.

I had lunch from a grocery store hot buffet and sat out on tables half in the shade. My meeting with the accountant went well.

Came home to go on walking errands with dh but ended up waiting for an hour for him to be ready. Then found out he was waiting on me. Pretty frustrated about that since I was telling him something and he shoo'd me away so he could finish something and so I sat and finished the BJ and then just surfed because I didn't want to start anything since I needed to be ready to go walking when he was ready to go. This happens all the time and is getting to be really frustrating. I can't start anything while waiting for him because I know I'll be distracted by him and so can't focus for the indeterminate length of time I have before he comes for me. Then I'm quiet, doing nothing, and he assumes I'll come get him when I'm done even though he was the one that asked to finish something.

Walking errands were long at hot (not Rosie hot but hot for here) but we got guitar strings, food for dinner, chocolate (I was down to one day's portion left) and banking done.

Dinner was light, then he went fishing.

I got the vacuuming done, except the bedrooms, and the floor mopped. I have to get the bathrooms cleaned tomorrow and then I'm caught up on the weekly chores. Also have laundry to do. I'll have to walk over and figure out something for dinner. We are having someone from the church up the valley who is staying in the city during the week so he can do his radiation treatments.

Return to “Post When You Can”