Warbling Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Warbling Wednesday

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:28 am

Ds called and they needed me to keep the children for a short time as they finalize plans for some furniture they've been waiting on since building. Had a good time with them but of course that was the end of a not-very-productive day, anyway. I'm pleased with myself as far as waltzing around potential toddler upset late in her day, and picking my battles, heading things off at the pass. Our green-eyed boy is an expert - he keeps one eye on her all the time and advises me what's about to happen. Several times when I thanked him he said, "But you're in charge". :lol: And as expected, he looked right at me and said, "are those new glasses?" Ds and ddil missed it completely.

Ddil says she loses some pediatrics with this change to the closer hospital, but gains some cardiology on the particular floor to which she's assigned, which will be good for her in experience. She works general surgery recovery so she had all ages anyway. She'll have Sunday off, so they'll be able to see dd37's family while they are here.

Dd18 says if I'll wake her when I get up we'll work together until her time to go in to the restaurant.

Lilac

Re: Warbling Wednesday

Postby Lilac » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:56 am

Harriet, I always love to hear about how in tune your green eyed boy is, in regard to his dsis. I think that is great that he noticed new glasses on you and his parents didn't.

Last Friday dh got his haircut and it is now 1/4" all over, where before he parted it on the side and had a thin comb-over. It also was an inch or so long, higher up. No one had seen him until today and dd1, dgs23, dgd20, dsil and both dgds didn't seem to notice at all. I assured him that we were all so stressed that his hair was not on anyones radar. :roll: :lol:

Return to “Post When You Can”