Warbling Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Warbling Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:12 am

Tummy issues today I will spare u the details not going any where. Journal is done. Washer twins going now. Butterscotch the hen is molting.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:35 am

LadyM ...

I meant to tell you, I've been ready several articles/studies about weight loss stalls due to lack of sleep and though of you and your early morning wakings. The articles stated that six hours of sleep or less can interfere with weight loss and suggest getting at least if not more hours of sleep... just wanted to pass it on.

And lucylee before you get to excited about theses studies it also says too much sleep... more than 9 hours will do the same thing :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:40 pm

LOL...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:10 pm

I wrote out a timed to-do list and got moving at 10:15.

Did fine until 1:00. Then tiredness dragged me down. It is very humid here so I'm hot and bothered, that will be affecting me too.

Balconies are cleaned up. I had the chair cushions out and then heard thunder so put them away. We never got dumped on but there were a few drops on the decking when I went to put them away.

I've made lemonade, salad dressing and cranberry sauce (which is cooling on a radiator at the moment since that's the coolest place in the apartment. The kitchen is cleaned up. Twice. Two loads of laundry are done, one folded and put away, the other hung up to dry in the bedroom. If he looks in, so be it. The vacuuming is done as is the bathroom cleaning. There's still paperwork tidying to do but getting the groceries is a higher priority. I'm taking a 10 minute break and then will head out with the car, not on foot. I'm planning cheese and crackers and some fruit for dessert instead of baking something but I will need to make the biscuits.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Home from grocery store and things put away.

Another short rest. Then I'll make the biscuits. The cranberry sauce didn't set. I guess there wasn't enough sugar to liquid to fruit ratio.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi everyone! Daily loads loaded, cube built and deployed, reports progressing steadily in payroll. Last night, I did get my glasses ordered. It will be close to $200, but I really would like a non-scratched pair. DD15 and I got egg drop soup from the local, less expensive Chinese place. Paid cash so I don't have to worry about checkbook grief. I did some data usage tests on my new phone using the computer jigsaws. I was not sure if I could play them anymore. I can, just not every day. I have too much to do for that anyway.

Tonight I have too much to do for a WTF, so here are some things for me:
  1. Get a few extra size D crochet hooks
  2. Letter to friend
  3. Finish video
  4. Balance checkbook
  5. Many many LOLs - Briggs is sick
For any of you ladies who want to take cross country drives: Under no circumstances should you allow antsy DHs to curtail your freedom!!!!! It is a huge massive mistake to let anyone limit you. They may not always be able to travel with you. They may even pre-decease you. For far too long, I let the x convince me what I could and could not do. HUGE mistake (as was marrying him). I now have my freedom back and am doing all the things he wanted me to believe I needed him for. With cell phones and GPS, there is no reason in the world that any woman should wait until some man decides it's acceptable for her to travel alone. Otherwise, we might as well put on hijabs and veils and let them "take care" of us. This is from a woman planning a future trailer camper purchase after her x refused to allow her to drive the one they jointly owned, because gosh, that takes a p*nis.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:40 pm

I have NOT been sleeping all day today, y'all!
It has been Grand Central Station here.

* Call from duncle -- wanted to know if he could come up and bring those pictures for me to scan...
* Dfriend who is filing bankruptcy dropped by... could we help her with this form she had to file online... sent her to Wmart for Visa card...
* S2S
* Paid a bunch of bills
* Wait wait wait
* Dfriend returns, I sent her away b/c I knew I couldn't deal with her & duncle at same time...
* Duncle showed up... visited a while... left pictures...
* DS & grands came over to see pictures also
* S/S baths, cleaned mirrors, cleaned dh's shower :D WOO HOO for ME!
* Spot cleaned floor in kitchen :D WOO HOO again!
* Dmom comes over w/bday cards for dh & ddil
* Ddil calls to complain about her math test today
* Ddil comes over to get her bday card from dmom
* Answered email from other dfriend
* Dfriend is on her way back now
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:49 pm

d nancy ... feel better

dd younger is starting to look at neighbourhoods in downtown with a friend (she is 6 years older than her) - dd would live on her own - I will support her, and reticent. I will smile and inside I will worry for and miss her like crazy. dh is not happy - I think he thought she would never leave. dd is a bit of a hoarder and a sloppy person - I hope being on her own will help her in this sense. She tends to move slow on things but she is thinking about it. She needs to find a way to make a living (she works hard but school is still out of the question re: her brain - I am worried about her future but I have to have faith she will find her way. She is very responsible and has a lot of common sense; I hope things go well for her. I asked if she would take one of the cats - lol she said no - darn. :lol:

had lots of fun with french teacher
at lunch with d mom (very social) - no relative talk of guilt or anything! we talked about the 100 days without fear project that was on youtube a couple years back and she is considering my out of comfort challenge for her.
- I took her to her two errands as I had homework and reading

looked at bathing suits (tried them on but I didn't find one I liked for this body) I did buy pyjamas
stopped at apple and bought earbuds (I called them headphones and the showed me the bose type expensive one and it took awhile for my generation speak to match up with her 20ish year old brain. She laughed when she realized what I wanted - she was very sweet. lol it even said headphones on the box.

what hasn't happened yet:
exercise
dogs
1 hour of housework
laundry
empty the dishwasher
I have been using the stairs when I think of it - I was out a lot so stairs were not worked on a lot.

I hope you all had a wonderful day!

I want to order solar eclipse safety glasses - not sure where to buy them.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Decent dinner. Food was good. We started on the balcony and had to flee.

I noticed what I thought was rain/hail/brown smoke going across the base of the hill across the river from us but dh pointed out it was from the ground up so must be a dust devil of some sort. Our guest then said "There's another one!" and we watched a cloud of sand blow up from the beach and blow over the houses below us. Dh had just suggested we get off the balcony when the wind hit us (not the sand) and food went flying. We moved as fast as we could. Thankfully we have a patio door from the balcony into the dining room so had a place to put things. I even had time to put the chairs in place so they wouldn't blow down. Had to use one to prop up a tomato plant that had fallen over.

Dh and I then had to run and lock all the screen doors in place because they were sliding back and forth. I had trouble closing on glass patio door because the wind was blowing it in too far out of position to latch.

The rain came about 5 minutes later. But the wind was the story, the windows rattling and the chandelier swinging. Plus it was very dark. Quite the experience for our guest!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:59 pm

blessed said:

dd is a bit of a hoarder and a sloppy person - I hope being on her own will help her in this sense.

Hmmm... don't hold your breath. You have read my musings/rantings re: ds, right? * sigh *

100 days without fear

I probably need to look into that. Got a text from dfriend in FL today -- she is moving to our area! She will be about an hour away from me, but her parents still live here in the same county that I do, so she'll be headed in this direction a lot, I imagine. Guess what my first thought was?
"Oh... this is so great... Oh no... what if she wants me to socialize."
Right -- a fate worse than death, huh?
* sheesh *
I know her parents are going to be so thrilled though, and it's good for her & her husband too. Their only son has moved to PA -- the Poconos -- and they are NOT really happy about that. So I'm sure she needs something else to occupy her thoughts. I think he just graduated college this past spring.

That sounds like quite a storm, Kathryn! Wow!

Elizabeth -- I'm ready to take a cross country drive tonight! LOL -- I told dh we had to get OUT of the house and OUT of cell phone range tomorrow. I cannot take another day like today. I said, "Or let's don't and say we did." DH said, "No, we have to leave the house. If we don't answer the phone, they'll just be knocking on the door!"

Boy... it has been quite an unusual day here, w/duncle PLUS dmom dropping by and then the dfriend needing internet help.

Y'all, filing bankruptcy is no small thing. :shock: Tonight's "survey/class" whatever they call it took over 2 hours. And I had to register her VISA cash card for her again, and I will have to cancel it for her before Sept. 2. :roll: She is 82 years old, completely overwhelmed by all this, owes probably at least $15000 total to various pay-day loan companies, and has a mortgage on her house that she has been paying for probably at least 25 years -- $600+ a month, and she still owes just as much as she did when this all started. :shock: Dmom looked at it once, and said all she pays goes to interest; she hasn't chipped away at the principal at all. She has been late with payments on occasion and that probably accounts for some of the excess charges... but it is totally ridiculous. So she finally just gave up and filed bankruptcy -- Chp 13, I think, so she can keep her house.
It has been insane, all the paperwork, and these two internet surveys that I have had to do for her.
They are so ridiculous. Trying to tell her that she might increase her income by taking on a 2nd job. * sheesh * She already works 3 part-time jobs as it is. AND SHE IS 82 YEARS OLD.

And why are her own children not helping her with all this???
Don't ask me.
I just know when a person has been on call for your elderly inlaws for 40 years or more, and that person will come at any time of the day or night and help your elderly inlaws clean up when someone didn't make it to the bathroom in time, well... you do whatever you can to help that person out.

Tonight's thing was not difficult -- but it was like a lot of online inservice things I had to do at school -- it wouldn't let you click the abc answers and go to the next page. Each page required a minimum amount of time, usually 10 minutes, and you could only click NEXT when that time was up.

Nancy -- I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this...

and oh, how I hope there is good news in J&C from Lilac...

Finally cooked supper after she left (around 7:45) so we just got finished eating a little while ago and I haven't cleaned up the kitchen yet.

Waving to everyone!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”