THURSDAY TABLES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THURSDAY TABLES

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:34 am

How does your table(s) look? Mine needs a little attention. I am so anxious to get our desk, but the sofa is still waiting. Maybe this week? :? (Or in Elizabeth's case it might have a completely different meaning.)

Have dentist appointment at 10. Have to remember to take my antibiotic an hour before. Hoping this procedure is able to save this tooth. He's not recommending extraction because of the blood thinners I'm on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Re: THURSDAY TABLES

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:04 am

Good morning Dee. Wow, nobody else here yet? Must all be busy clearing off their tables. Mine need doing for sure...

My tomatoes always get blossom end rot. I've almost given up trying to grow good tomatoes. If I buy cherry tomatoes that are too big, I just cut them in half. Grape tomatoes are big like that.

Working on spreadsheets today.

DH and I both say 3 hours travel is enough and we are tired when we get to the end of that. But I think part of it is the stress of being at family's and not enough sleep while there and all the extra work we do just to get ready to leave. All the business stuff has to be caught up, sometimes yard work, house work and packing and checking everything on the old vehicle.

DH thinks we can't go on a traveling vacation next year like I want. He suggested airplane and car rental until I printed out what that would cost us. He didn't believe what I told him until I printed it out from a travel site. I think the road trip itself is half the vacation and we can stop along the way and even nap if we want. Without having to deal with family too we will be more relaxed.

Still have dailies to do. Better get busy here.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:16 am

I will never plan a relaxing evening at home followed by an early bedtime again. Last time I did, I had to take Briggs to the vet, where he was successfully treated. This time, I took him to the vet, who sent him to the ER, who put him in the hospital. He is still there. Presenting symptoms were labored breathing and so weak he could not stand up. Problems found at the ER: hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), dehydration, anemia, two pound weight loss, slightly enlarged kidneys, enlarged liver, bunched up intestines, some out of whack blood chemicals. That's just what I remember. Oddly, there was no fluid around the lungs, no signs of asthma, and no lung involvement whatsoever. Currently: diagnosis unknown, prognosis unknown, but I don't have a good feeling about it. HCM and weight loss can be caused by hyperthyroid, but the rest does not fit. Primary HCM would fit if there was also lung involvement. Bunched up intestines can be from dehydration. Dehydration also affects blood chemistry results, but if anything, it means that the out of whack values are even worse than they appear.

I got to bed at 1 am instead of early. The only thing I got done on the list was get the crochet hooks. If I had known what I was going home to, I would have skipped it. I did do the one essential LOL because a cat who cannot stand up does not get to the catbox. Mattress protectors are one of the best inventions on the planet.

My house is a disaster, I obviously did not do any work on it at all. My friend/traveling companion arrived late yesterday, and that is my impetus to get cracking on the house. At least today is payday. Deeclutter is right, everyday is table day at payroll! However, there are also two at home that need my attention. It was so tempting to stay home and call in sick. Probably would have if I hadn't used so much sick leave on my foot.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:16 am

Morning....

Up, dresses, puppies fed and now working on my second cup of coffee.

Yesterday I was able to get all my errands done, so that's out of the way. Had to go to the mall, so while there took a walk through though JCP. Oh what a disappointment.. it looked like k mart on the day before Cmas. Clothes stacked every where, racks jammed into every corner with isles crowded by all of it. JCP's once was a favorite place to shop, but not any more.

Today is desk day, plus I need to hang out a flag so Lawrences camels know they will have to wait for another time to visit ..they were pawing the ground with their hooves ready to make their run.

Ok, Perry is waiting. Need to get my second cup of coffee and then be on my way. One of The parts of being retired is I don't have to choke my second coffee down. I am really grateful for that ... waving to y'all ... enjoy your day :D

Mean to add... all my tables are clear and staying that way. I am working very hard to put things away immediately after I use them. I am particularly focusing one my hot spot which is the corner of my kitchen counter. Added doing that to my evening kitchen routine last week and it has made a huge difference. In the past I was really good at addressing that, but a while back I Became a bit lacks.

When my retired friend came over the other day, she walked into my living room and said... your house always looks so clean, how do you to it... to which I answered without even think ... I do my daily routines. She looked at me weird, but never asked what I meant :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Quiet morning in the village!

I need to get off my franny and get moving....

I am so glad dd is looking at apartments. She actually sounds like she may go forward with this and move out. She wants me to go with her this afternoon to another apartment complex to take a look. Tonight she and I are sleeping over at the church for the Family Promise famlies. No idea how many families or what else, dd signed me up so I didn't receive the email with all the info. LEaving it to her to get me there on time and brief me.

-kitchen counters
-empty dishwasher
-s2s
-make bed
-head out to grocery store

I didn't go to the store yesterday because dd wanted me to look at an apartment yesterday with her. After that I could have gone to the grocery, but came home with her and we talked apartments and I did some Pro Gen work.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:34 pm

Sounds like 'it's time' for dd to leave the nest, Twins. Good luck with apartment hunting.

I'm back from the dentist and waiting for the novocaine to wear off. He made a 1-hour appointment for me to do this procedure and it took all of that and a few minutes more. Cost us $85 -now where could I go for that little fee? (We don't have dental insurance any more). Remember once dh had a root canal and it cost him $100 as opposed to our neighbor's $1,100. Sure it would have been well over $300 elsewhere. He's so good and so gentle. Hate to even think of him retiring. He's actually from the same area of New York state as we are so always do a lot of catching up.

It is quiet here today. Dh just left to go give tractor/wagon rides to a couple bus loads of handicapped kids. He tested to make sure he could get up on the tractor okay first. Just iced his knee and will come back in 45 minutes or so to ice it again.

Think I'll just have some ice cream for lunch once the novocaine wears off. Don't want to tax this tooth. I'm so impressed that he could save it this way -at least we hope so.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:42 pm

Unlike normal days, I am glued to my cellphone, awaiting a call from the vet. Have they called? No, but someone selling auto insurance did. The most annoying call EVER. Local number so I answered and got:

caller: something about auto insurance ... "Can you talk now"
me: "No, I thought you were the ER"
c: "Don't you want to know how I can save you money on your auto insurance? Do you still live in New Mexico?"
me: "I have to go, I'm expecting a call from the emergency room."
c: yells "Can you repeat that?" over and over as I try to get a word in
me: "No, I cannot, good bye", hang up.

I remember an article claiming that telemarketers will record you saying "yes" and paste it into recorded sales pitches making it appear you have agreed to buy something. Rather than panicking, I checked snopes.com and this is an urban legend, there are no documented cases of anyone losing money this way. However, it was exceptionally annoying.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:11 pm

LM ikwym ...Sharon stone called from treas. dept. I did not listen to any more delete....

Table is awesome here I rounded up a half sheet of plywood on a desk and put art stuff on that cleared off the table the other day and have been. making it a point to keep it cleared off yea 4 me. I too need to unload dishwasher. Did an early am 6-7 store run while it was cooler out. Work day for me thought I had it off but I got. call.

Feeling better.
One dpc made left a messg. got the return call made some heaf way, doing better.
Some dishes unloaded.
Ok back to kitduty. lunch is over kidN here we did sone 123 / abc stuff play time now.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Taking a break. Tables and the whole rest of the house can use continued help around here!

That's such a meaningful thing you and dd do, Twins'. Something we talked about in our group the other day - where do we find opportunities for caring for our neighbors, and if we find opportunities don't exist, then how do we make them.

Twins' and blessed both with dds considering apts? - how irritating!!! These board children are supposed to stay the ages we expect them to stay! I can't imagine what they are thinking. :roll: Or what I am. Best wishes to both.

Lilac, you are on our minds.

Briggs also. If it were dehydration, other symptoms don't seem to line up. Don't know.

Yes, our green-eyed-boy is a study. He's the only older sibling I've ever seen who wasn't ready to clobber the toddler, but explains her behavior instead. Yesterday she was standing on their LR ottoman (permitted) and chanting to the room in her own language. He apologized to me since she would be getting into trouble when she finished - he said "she just doesn't know how to count yet". I was :? . Not a clue. Sure enough the long "countdown" ended in "Go!" and she was bouncing off all the forbidden furniture like a rocket. Maybe he will be a psychologist when he grows up. I hope Kindergarten is kind to him - he is so observant that I believe he could become disillusioned fast.

Cathy, I looked at the stories. thank you for sharing. We all need to be aware of these possibilities.

We aren't working fast enough around here. Sigh. I see some stash-and-dash in my immediate future. I know these are my darling close family who don't judge me or want me to obsess, but little children shouldn't have the possibility of getting into trouble just because they touch what's right out in Grandma's LR or whatever. Dd37 has made a point in her email to mention that they want to go to church. I know that means SS and I just can't handle it. Dd18 or dsonil will have to sit with her this time, that's all there is to it. She is right that it is inappropriate not to remain in the building while her children attend. Fine for some children, but they are not as familiar, would want their Mom close.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Elizabeth I had a call like that yesterday. Wanted to tell me stuff about something (can't remember) and I mumbled something....long pause...... more questions...... and I said no time...... turned out to be a recorded message wanting to tell me stuff and wasn't responding to what I said, just reading script. I hung up. Pfffffft!

Sorry about Briggs. I hope he is ok.

Got all of July's spreadsheets done. Fixed one from June (someone lost one of our checks).

Twins, I hope your DD finds a nice place she can afford. Maybe it will not be so frustrating and you will get along better.

DGS goes off to college in a couple weeks. DD is having problems finding affordable furniture. He has a roommate but not set up so well and she wants enough furniture in this place for them to stay when they come for football or visits. So, their beds, a table, couch, loveseat. Moving truck is expensive she says. DGSon is lucky he has someone to help him get set up. Roommate is not providing a thing so far.

Need to go get lunch.

Return to “Post When You Can”