THURSDAY TABLES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: THURSDAY TABLES

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Today has been productive and fairly on schedule.
** I finished my walk and a short bike ride shortly after the sun was up.
** Homeschool day #28 went well. DS8 finished 20 lessons today. There were some issues with his attitude that had to be dealt with, but nothing huge.
** Lunch was easy. I love having a wide selection of food available & ready to eat.

RR - Thank you for reminding me about the importance of sleep. I do struggle with getting enough sleep so I have been trying to make myself sleep more. I am doing better according to Fitbit. Today it told me that I am "averaging 6 hours & 44 minutes of sleep which is lower than the average for your demographic at 7 hours 4 minutes." I was relieved & thrilled to see that I'm within 20 minutes of normal sleep for women my age. I think I might make that 20 minutes up when comparing my time awake compared to others. For women my age it is typical to be awake 15-27% of the time. I am awake 9% so hopefully, the 6-18% of the time others are awake and I'm sleeping makes up for that 20 minutes. I am in the average range for the other stages of sleep (REM, light sleep, Deep sleep).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:14 pm

Get those calls all the time on our cell phones. :evil: Went to the 'do not call' registry yesterday to see if we ever signed up -yep, in 2008! Sure doesn't make a difference. Gets worse all the time. And the fact that most come from our own area code makes it worse. Don't know how to make them stop. Some 'look' so legitimate. Downright more than annoying.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:41 pm

RE: sudden # of calls on the cell phone. Me too. I'm on the Do Not Call list but it doesn't seem to make a difference. When they started a couple month ago I answered but learned they won't let you get a word in. They just talk over your comments or questions. I learned if I answer the call and don't say anything they will hang up on me after about 5 seconds of not making a sound. Most of the time now I don't answer the calls if it isn't one of my 350+ people in my contact list. The few legit phone calls not on my contact list can leave a voice message and I'll call them back (and add them to my contact list).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:10 pm

LadyM and Dee...I get those calls occasionally and now don't answer anything if I don't recognize the number. I figure if any one wants me bad enough they will leave me a voice message and I can call them back.. Sweetie on the other hand loves to answer our landline phone...and he has many ways to mess with people who call. I think its his cheap form of entertainment. Sometime he pisses off the callers so badly THEY hang up. He especially loves to mess with the calls that come from India or Pakistan. He is very left brained and has a weird sense of humor.

I am having a "someday Thursday". You know all those little things around the house you let go cause you can and you think to yourself...someday I'm gonna______. It didn't start out that way however it is now. Climbed up on my counter to put some decorations on top of my cabinet...amazed that I am still agile and have enough balance to do that...saw stuff in my top shelf cabinet that I've been wanting to get rid of and so that started it.

I've been doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that...like vacuuming the top of my armoire which hasn't been done in several years...I believe that Lawrence's heard of camels could feast for a week if they knew how much dust there was up there. Anyway I've gotten much done and am rewarding myself with a break before I go on.

Here's something that might be useful for y'all to know....When I was working on my office I wanted to remove this huge ugly sticker on one of my plastic folder holders. As usual as I started to peal it from the plastic it stuck and my efforts were only making a mess. Then I remember reading about using a hairdryer to heat up the glue so it would peel off easier..Eureka!!! Why hadn't I thought of that before...it peel right off. This morning I was getting rid of some a mazon boxes and needed to remove the stickers on it...thought hummmm, why not and blasted them with the hair dryer...same thing happened..the stickers came right off without any problems. Gottta remember that little trick.

Back to my Someday Thursday...My office is such a pleasure to be in that it has inspired me to work on the rest of my house. Love when that happens...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks for that tip, RR. Now to remember it!
Climbed up on my counter to put some decorations on top of my cabinet...
This spurred a pretty funny memory for me. Our dgs12 when he was probably 18 months or so was being taken care of by a family friend. She had climbed up on her counter to do something in the top shelves. DGS moved her step stool and refused to put it back. She finally got him to hand her the phone and she called her husband to come home from work. When asked why, she said, "Just come home!" :lol: He gave us a lot of laughs through that period of his life!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 pm

We plod along, here! Several "27 decisions" - I posted about that in declutter for Aug. Dd has had to head out to work. I'm to email her things I notice about front bath that aren't up to standards - hmmm, that's new. She promises to work further on it this evening late - she'll be coming right home since another waitress doesn't need a ride, and it's not a big night anyway.

She wants to leave for a day-date of walking a nearby shopping "town" with the young man in the morning so is hoping I'll proclaim her finished tonight. I am giving them responsibility for buying a bday gift while they are out - the comic book store will be a possibility and they love going there. I think I may add buying a bag and tissue for gift, too. That would be one thing off my mind entirely.

Made a big stir-fry for lunch and it was good, so tummy has the makings of more energy if I can convince the muscles! :lol:

Two packages arrived and I wish I had time for them. One is order of clothes and now dd18 isn't even here to help me decide anything. Again, maybe tonight. Problem is, I surely need time to consider these for the weekend, which is upon us.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Ah, I finally finished my "homework" comments for the Pro Gen group. Comments are due on Monday afternoon so I'm several days early. Last month a gal was commenting right up until our 4 p.m. start time. I guess she finished, tho.

Dh is making me crazy with the TV so loud right now. He and ds are going out to eat tonight when ds gets home. Considering I have some hearing loss it always surprises me that I find it so loud. :roll:

The dcleaning lady can't come tomorrow so she will come on Monday, so I don't have to do clean up in the morning after getting home from the sleep over, and then getting ddog to the vet. Ddog is getting a tumor on her elbow removed, and having her teeth cleaned tomorrow. I am supposed to go to temple tomorrow night and made a dinner reservation there, I told dd today that I might not go, depending on the ddog.

Now, I need to gather up my stuff for tonight, and walk the ddog around the block.

Did I mention that this TV noise is making me crazy?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Twins... I have headphones just for that reason. I can listen to the tv by adjusting my headphones so I don't blast Sweetie out while we watch together. And I can put the tv on mute and listen by myself. One of the benefits besides how it helps the other person in the room is I can hear the tv so muchbetter with them on.

I don't use my ears in our great room because the tv tends to echo in there, but sometimes if the people in the program don't speak clearly or have an accent I will go into the bedroom and use my ears just so I don't miss anything. You might want to surprise your DH with some tv phones and ask him to try them out....if he doesn't like the results, you can always return them.

My head phones cover my entire ear, but some have buds that just slip into the ear. Never used them, but I'm telling you I sure love mine. Oh, and by the way so does Sweetie :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:34 pm

H. is home if it were not so dang hot out I would see about dining out we are both in better spirts tonite.

Cleaned a bit more on the kit.
Sponged ddog off she seems to tolerate that.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:44 pm

My dh uses headphones if he's watching tv without me. It certainly helps.

Bad day. Probably because yesterday was productive.

Got up and dressed at a reasonable hour, worked on exegesis and have a great idea for the sermon but then went for a walk to the clinic with dh to get the stitch from his leg biopsy out. The rash healed itself 2 days after the biopsy and the doc called last night to say it was basically exploding capiliaries. Too many causes to list, just one of those things. This is the first 'weird' thing that has happened to him since he had the prostate cancer removed. So my 'radar' is up.

Wasted the afternoon. I have no idea what I did until later in the afternoon when I started to make reservations for our trip. That went into the evening because of computers. Can't get into the Best Western Account. No idea why. Asked for an online password reset but that didn't come. Phoned in and asked for one and that didn't come. Made the reservation over the phone and that came but I can't confirm it without being able to sign into my account. Very frustrating. Super8 wasn't much better, I could get into the account but couldn't make a reservation. Ended up doing that over the phone.

Finding hotels in Pennsylvania was tough. Where I needed a break point in the driving, the Choice hotels were all smoking (except Comfort Inn but unless it is a new building the smoke smell still lingers from years ago, I've found.) Ended up finding the Best Western. That reminded me to check carefully for smoke-free and the rest of the hotels were fine.

After dinner I went to put them all into the calendar. Forgot the system is breaks and ended up spending 30 minutes and only entering 1 because each new one I enter erases the old. So ended up hand entering. I hate calendar software with a passion. I have never found it works for me the way people say it should. "Oh, just use the handy link on the website to update your calendar" doesn't actually happen, you have to download something, remember where it is on your computer and then import it into Google Calendar. Except when dealing with Choice Hotels, who have managed to break their use of the system. If you have may have only one reservation. If you add another, it erases the first one.

Was having a meltdown at this point so asked dh to check the hotel in Lincoln on the Marriott site. No upcoming reservations. I claim to have made the reservation and have an email but searching for Nebraska doesn't turn up anything but emails to the kids about going to Nebraska. I'm freaking out at this point. I can't find the email at all and neither Gmail or Thunderbird search are any use.

Turns out the hotel was an old Residence Inn and had a new name. I eventually remembered this and found the email. Odd that they didn't put their state's name in their confirmation email. I sent that email to dh who phoned to confirm and they've changed hands. Our reservation is intact but the hotel name is different. So he reconfirmed and gave them a credit card number again.

Now I'm just wrung out from thinking I had no reservation for the eclipse. Ds has bought tickets to a concert along the way and other stuff.

Oh, and I checked with dh about when to expect the eclipse watching glasses. He didn't bother ordering any, he thought we'd just use welder's glass. I asked where that was and he's sure he knows. So much for delegating, this is why I do everything myself. I didn't want to have to hold up a piece of glass to watch this, I want to be able to use my hands for my camera and still be able to watch on my own.

Return to “Post When You Can”