FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:28 pm

Ds went with me to pick up dMuffin and she is doing well. She went outside to potty and drank water and had 1/2 of dog food. I picked some zinnias while she did her business.

Ds has gone to temple too, I have the house to myself (and Muffin) tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Need to pick something and spend 5 minutes on that special spot.

It's thundering and storming here -big time. Right after we left rehab center today it started coming down to the point I could barely see. Took some back roads and it slowly lessened. But it's still raining.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:31 pm

More of the same weather in our forecast next week here heat and smoke ugh. I am off, yea a bit if a shorter nite.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:24 am

Everyone is here safe. I believe I used my time well today - only their bath mat was still in the dryer. I'll just hand that to the first boy I see in the morning and they'll get it to the right place before anyone needs it, so, we're good. I'm amazed I got so much done since we had 3 people drop by - dgardeningcousin (with tomatoes), dsecondmil and the young man (he stayed most of the day and saw all the other company, too, but wasn't much trouble - picked out a good gift). HRH took his Mom out to her car to consider the rear tail light with her and I was able to make my exit with the grocery list.

When I got home, HRH couldn't get over how much I'd bought. He asked me if I left any groceries for the next customer. Even so, I still forgot my plan to pick out a cake. Sigh. But other party stuff gathered well.

Got home and couldn't find a single "Dixie" cup in the house and somehow both bathrooms ran out at the same time. Ddil brought me some! :roll: Funny thing to ask a neighbor for a "cup of", lol. But really, the boys have been trained to use separate paper cups ever since some virus went through the family, and I don't want to mess that plan up.

Nowadays, the boys are filling the dishwasher, putting dishes away every day, doing the laundry together, folding their own, and even stacking their parents' laundry. I asked about school starting and dsonil said they never stopped school - dd has had them all in a summer homeschool course all summer. This is her dfather in her - I was much more haphazard when she was young.

HRH gave her a pep-talk about visiting her dgrandmother while she still can (99th birthday upcoming). He has always been chief encourager to my children about appreciating their grandparents. She may choose that side-trip instead of church Sunday a.m.

I need to remember to have a big homemade stir-fry the day before a tough workday like this. I think it served me well - I've felt really good all day with energy and yesterday I was wilting.

Return to “Post When You Can”