SIX MINUTE SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: SIX MINUTE SATURDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:20 pm

DS9 birthday trip continues to meet and exceed all his expectations. He is loving the many water activities at the water zoo. We spent a couple hours here last night until it closed and he was ready to go again as soon as it opened this morning. I am THRILLED that he is able to let go of his anxieties and enjoy trying new and scary (because rhey are unfamiliar to him).activities. This has been an excellent excursion. .

Hi Pandora! I remember you too!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Sounds great, LadyM. :D

I titled it, now I'd better 'use' it. My 6 minutes are:
1. Spruced the living room for 6
2. 6x20 = a nap :roll:

Haven't really got much done but figure I'll be ultra busy after they come get the sofa (SHE says hopefully). Dh is going to the lacrosse game tonight in the city with DS-R & family. So I'll be home alone and have a second wind.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:30 pm

I s2s and had breakfast.

Spent 6 minutes drying hair, styling as I dried to save the straightener time.

Spent about 6 minutes laying out outfits for tomorrow. Two because I can't decide.

Another 6 minutes laying out some things to pack.

Yet another 6 minutes to mail the letters I did earlier and pick up my drinks. It is a holiday weekend so took a bag down with me to bring them all back up. Also picked up the mail.

I need to finish up the prayers and reread the sermon so I can print it off and put it in my preaching binder.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Hello Pandora. Welcome. I think we are a friendly and caring group.

Six minutes. Hmmm. Everything I did today took longer than 6 minutes. There was much to do. I worked on the messy kitchen and the messy desk. Both are neater and cleaner now.

I am going to try moving about more and keeping myself going somehow. I have not been feeling really spiffy the past several days. I just want to sleep all the time. It could be I'm noticing the lack of caffeine. I'm down to half and half when I make it now. Caffeine really does give one a lift and I am feeling the lack of it. It's supposed to be bad for hearing... and it was a specifically asked question on the forms I filled out at both ear drs. So I will see if I can get used to this.

Dee, that is a brilliant idea for your desk. I am happy for you that you're able to get organized and use your table for eating. I can't wait till DH finally quits all this work and we can use the kitchen table (and the dining room table) for their intended purposes.

blessed, sure hope your dog is ok. Too many sick pets in our village lately.

Ok, off to work on a bedroom, change linens, 1 LOL, maybe run the sweeper around.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Had a fast walk to the grocery store to pick up meat for tomorrow's dinner.

Got back before the rain and packed. Even got the car gassed and then hit the rain. Storm clouds all around but for the moment it is dry. The wind is a challenge and our gas mileage is awful.

I'm going to work my inbox during the drive.

Norma

Postby Norma » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:40 pm

HI PANDORA! It's me Norma/Sierra. I have tried and tried to get back on your site. Things were going along swimmingly and all of a sudden I lost you guys and have not been able to get back to you. I've used all my e-mail addys and names I have used before and still can't get on. I really miss you guys too. When I saw Zy check in the other day I even thought of trying to get hold of him in his Wolf Den and seeing if he could help me. As you know , there is no way to get hold of you individually as you can on this site. Can you help me get back? Mike sent me a way to get on and it didn't work. I do read your posts every day.

Hope you see this and let me know on either board how I can get back to you.! :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Kids were not supposed to be here till 3 so we went out to lunch. Got back sooner was chillin the kids show up at one after we were home 30 min. so my day did not go according to plans.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi!!

Hi Pandora! Of course I know you.

Six minutes, huh? How about a 4 HOUR nap in the middle of the afternoon!! Just woke up, actually.

To be honest, dh and I were up before 7 and I was VERY active this morning. I had the dishes going in the dishwasher and some pots and pans being washed in the sink before we sat down to breakfast. I also did a load of washing after the dishwasher finished and hung up a bunch of wrinkled stuff in the bathroom. I also put a LOT of clean laundry away. My thoughts when doing this blitz this morning was that I have some time to un fuss my habitat. There is a FBook group that uses a different "F" word, and it has been inspiring me. Some of the pictures people (men and women) post are really bad.

Yesterday I worked in my library on and off, including pulling all of the throws, a old quilt and a bathrobe off and vacuuming under my chair. I found some duplicate books and they are already in my trunk waiting to go to a thrift store.

Dh is prepping supper, so I will get up and do something.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:25 pm

We are home. We unloaded the SUV but didn't put everything away (yet). We stopped to have birthday cake and ice cream.

I sat down and now I'm having a hard time getting started again. I'm going to go into Sabbath mode and rest.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Settled into the hotel. No walk, the rain had started by the time dinner was over.

During the drive, I dealt with 200 emails. Just another 500 to go! Slowly I'm getting idea of what I have to do to empty it and start again. I had deleted a lot but that has caused me some grief so I'm going back to keep everything, but in some organized fashion.

I also managed to sort the chits to be entered into Quicken. I'm hoping to do that this evening or on the drive home tomorrow.

We have a lovely suite. All the hotels in the area are full (there was a person who was looking for a room at the desk when I arrived) and we got upgraded to free up a room for someone else. I'm up to gold status with this chain (Choice, so economy level hotels like Quality, Comfort and Clarion) and I'm already noting the perks of higher status, like a choice of snacks when I checked in. We'll have another 5 nights in this change during our trip. I also get $5 coupon for Tim Horton's when I have a weeknight stay and I have a few of those coming up as well. I'm still not through all the coupons from the last trip we took!

Dh is watching a movie. I've ironed the clothes for tomorrow and put my service in my preaching binder. I'll go over the service a couple of times this evening.

Last week the sound-guy gave me a cassette of the service so I listened to that as best I could on my 50 year old portable cassette deck. Actually it was my Aunt's. She and mom each had one and would record long letters to each other so they didn't have to sit at a typewriter or table. Mom's, a Sony, died a few years ago. This GE one is still working, sort of. I think it needs lubrication and the rewind and fast forward aren't fast when they actually work.

I hate listening to my recorded voice but decided I had to if I was going to improve.

My voice sounded better to me during the sermon than during the children's time but I'm not sure if that is because I was reading my sermon, or if the tape was playing back more slowly, lowering my voice a bit. I jumped around a bit in the service (which stretches over two sides of the tape.) The organ sounds awful as did the soloist so I won't judge my voice too harshly except the man who had an announcement and the elderly woman who read, both sounded wonderful.

I will say the pacing and enunciation of the sermon and prayers were what I wanted so I'm pleased about that. I've slowed down in my speaking so much compared to even 5 years ago. I think the reason MF is able to finish a service on time is that he talks more quickly - still clearly, but more quickly. He can rely on his rich, tenor, voice to be heard. I can't, so have to go for slow and clear. Oh well, it was a useful if painful exercise.

Return to “Post When You Can”