SIMPLE SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: SIMPLE SUNDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Change of plans, dh came in and said he wasn't really hungry for a big dinner, could we just have something light, like hotdogs. Then a while later he came in and said he was too tired to even make those up.

I was busy trying to make FB less scary (it had just put up an ad for a hotel that I had booked by PHONE which really spooked me (it is on my Google Calendar, plus dh sent me the copy of the reservation through gmail but it was all too spooky for me.) I don't think I've succeeded because since opening up the browser incognito, and saying I don't want to see adds from that ad site, it is still coming up. So I deleted all my chrome cookies and am pondering what more I can do.

Anyway, I did have energy so I got up and started dinner, deciding we'll use up the cheese I bought for dessert the other night instead and have grilled cheese & bacon & onion sandwiches. Which we did. Made dh drink his V8 so I could excuse him from having no veggies with dinner (fried onions don't count!) and made myself a huge salad with fresh greens from the balcony plus grated carrots.

I'm getting short on veggies in the house so plan to walk to the farmer's market tomorrow.

We watched a tv show and then cleaned up the kitchen together. I think dh will be off to be soon. I'm not sure if I'll get a second wind or not.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:26 pm

I believe I have KISS today -- by SIMPLY FOLLOWING THE PLAN.
* sheesh * Things work sooo much better when I follow the plan -- WHY is this so hard to remember???

I started the day by s2s & doing short floor exercise routine & drinking some water. Probably not even 8 oz, but at least it was the first thing I had for the day.
After church -- IMMEDIATELY did the afternoon routine:
* allergy shots
* mop out fridge
* water plants
* washed lunch dishes ASAP after eating

For bonus points, I had written check to church and newspaper man last night, along with refilling meds and checking grocery list.

So, with all my "chores" done, I felt quite justified to take a LONG nap.

After we ate supper, I took the garbage to the road, and did two more laps on the driveway to make .6 mile. I might could have done more, but I was afraid dh was waiting on me to go to Wmart, and I was not wearing the right shoes for walking, anyway.

Now, back from Wmart, all groceries are put away, strawberries are washed & capped, and I am so pleased with myself. ;)

Let's see if I can keep it up tomorrow.

Oh -- dh has appt w/cardiologist tomorrow. Can't believe it has been 6 weeks since we were there last. DH is always a nervous wreck for DAYS before any sort of medical appt, but seeing the cardiologist gets him more out of sorts than seeing the nurse practitioner at the heart. clinic. I'll be posting a prayer request in J&C.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:28 pm

I worked ten to 5, cooked dinner. I'm watering now. My morn7ng walks helped me to gather a plan and pray through some issues.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:22 pm

CUOP a little bit…

That’s so neat that you found that ring, Dee! Did the people ever show up about the sofa? (You may have already said and I missed it. :oops: )

We talked to ds this afternoon and made plans to go to College Town in another week, have to take some furniture down there to replace what dniece needed to take with her. Talked to dbil; things are going very smoothly with dh & dbil re: all the logistics of sharing this condo. We are sooo thankful (and amazed!) by all this!
Talked to dmom and she is more than happy to send some of her excess furniture to College Town with us.
I don't know if I will make the trip, or if ddil will want me to stay home and take care of dgd & pick up dgs at school.

So annoying -- school. :P I almost wish ds/ddil would ask me to homeschool him, like you are doing LadyM.
DS is playing at a large fair later this month... can't take dgs b/c of school. (Missed another opportunity like that b/c of swimming lessons.)
Could probably go to homecoming parade at College Town in September... but won't b/c we won't want to check dgs out of school that early.

DGS needs the socialization with others, though. That is for sure. This morning dh took him out of church b/c he was whining and talking too loudly --during the sermon. DH asked him why it was that he couldn't even manage to answer when someone says hello to him, but during the sermon when he should be quiet, he wants to talk out louder than the preacher. * sigh * I am sure some of this is Asperger's, but dh is convinced that dgs can be taught to "do better." And I imagine he can... but speaking of praying through things while you walked, Nancy, I was praying for dgs and his kindergarten teacher and his classmates.

Glad your dh & his friends stayed safe on the rough waters, Cathy. Sorry about the friends who got seasick.

Wow – I am so impressed that you got all that biking done and everything else and still made it to church, LadyM!
Also, so glad to see that DS8 enjoyed his birthday so much!

LOL, re: children having more confidence than ability in the pool. I asked dgs if he could still jump off the diving board now, and he said, “Yes, I could if Ms. A was catching me.” I said, “Don’t you think your daddy could catch you?” He said, “Nooo… I think Daddy is too young.” Sigh… apparently it takes lots of age to be an expert swimmer? (Ms. A is about my age, I would assume. She has young grandchildren.)

Glad you’ve been able to enjoy some family time, too, blessed!

Nancy, I saw a couple of rocks at church that our young people had done and left there, I assume. They did them at Bible School in the park last week, and dgs said he hid his “really good, so no one would find it.” LOL… I’m smh, b/c I don’t think that is quite the point of it all, but… whatever. :lol:

Sooo glad to see things are going well for baby and all his dfamily, Lilac! I know you are all anxious to get him home safe and sound and get your hands on him! (((BIG HUGS))) for your dgd.

Glad your service went well, Kathryn! It IS very disconcerting how the internet seems to know EVERYTHING as soon as we do it. I’ll never forget when we were just discussing Uber in New Orleans at lunch, phone in my pocket, and then when I turned on the phone, a Uber ad popped up. :shock: Could have been a coincidence, since we were obviously traveling, in a different city than our own, and had been using mapquest, etc... but very weird, to say the least.

I guess Harriet is decompressing from family visit? Waving to her and all in our village!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:20 am

My leg / knee was better today I was able to walk 1/2 mi. 2day and picked some black berries to munch on. I cooked hamburgers for dinner tney were yummy and a nice change. It is still smokey here air quality alert is up till Mon. sigh hoped it would clear out today.

I have a plan for tomorrow.

Payroll went better today the baby is teething. we are getting into a routine.

Return to “Post When You Can”