SIMPLE SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SIMPLE SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 am

Just use the KISS method today. Enjoy the day!

I've been waiting for 2 1/2 hours for dh to wake up -which he just did at almost 9am. Finally had my breakfast as I was 'wasting away' :D Think the smell of coffee finally woke him.

DS-R is coming sometime today to take our car out for a spin. Keep hearing a humming noise. I think it's in the front right tire, dh thinks the rear. Hoping it's a matter of a tire. Though all pressures seem correct.

And at some point our sofa is supposed to make a trip down the road. Saw the couple last night and I guess they came by when dh was out with the car yesterday. I was here but they assumed there was no one home. Just maybe I'll get to settle the RV today. I can hope.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Re: SIMPLE SUNDAY

Postby CathyS » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:16 am

Hi!

Dh has been to Lake Erie and back. He went fishing with 2 friends but the lake was too rough to stay out. I have done 2 loads of laundry. One was the massive, heavy blue blanket from dh's side of the bed. I have also been putting clean stuff away. Nice to see the bedroom without laundry mountain on the dresser.

While laundry was doing it's thing, I have been on computer and stitching.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:27 am

I'm a bit behind schedule this morning but all will be okay. I just returned from a 49-minute walk & a 3-minute bike ride. Itty Bitty baby steps...or pedals as the case may be. I increase my bike riding time a minute this week. I'm on a roll. :lol: I realized when I returned from my walk that the # of steps on my walk is exceeding what used to be my step goal for the entire day.

I planned on visiting the hair colorist this morning but it became a choice of hair or exercise. I choose to exercise. I'll have to meet my colorist (me) at another time.

I have invited 8 people to go with me on a local tour after church today. The tour is an old home that has been restored. It is only open to the public a few hours a month. It is one of those local things that I have never got around to doing.

I bought tickets for Spaghetti lunch today at a local church to support their fundraiser. I'm not sure how this will fit in with the tour. They two events are at the same time but require 50+ miles of driving between them. hum.....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:37 am

keep it simple - sounds wonderful. thank you for such a nice start to the day.

dd younger and I had a wonderful time with d sis in laws, d bro in laws, nieces and nephews - so much fun. It was 2-1/2 + hours to get there and come back but well worth it. lots of fun.

d brother is portaging across Canada today - a canoe trip -that we will not be able to reach him for a week. (in the middle of no wear - he does this every year and I am so happy for him and his friend)

Happy birthday ds9 of our d lady.

Yes pandora I remember you too! glad you are here!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Blanket number 3 is in the washing machine. So far, the one dh's has on the bed and one that has been sitting on top of the washer for (clearing throat) quite a while and the one that covers my chair in the library have all been washed. The 4th one is one the couch/sofa. They are all large and heavy. When they are clean and fresh smelling and soft, they are marvelous. Recently they haven't been all that sweet smelling.

Dh got home from fishing at least 4 hours earlier than I expected him. Lake Erie is unpredictable. Even on a nice day, the lake can get rough. Dh tells me that both of the other guys got sick.

Right now dh is cutting the grass.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:10 pm

missing my d mom in law today

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Did a rock, drop took a short walk. Picked a few black berries yum. 2 boys will be here within the hour. Journaling done.

Smoke is supposed to ease up by this afternoon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:28 pm

hi d nancy

hi d cathy

hi d lady

hi d dee

hi d everyone

so far my "out of comfort zone" hope list is done for this week -
read cartoons lol I didn't read anything else
woke up after 3 hours of being awake :D
wrote emails/figured out money owed/made a date with d sis in law
wrote what I spent this week
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Dgd21 may be getting out of the hospital today. Whoever is in charge won't check the availability of Ronald McDonald house until shortly before her dismissal. Even then the one closest to her hospital may be full and she'd be assigned to one across the city. Dd2 has located a 3 bedroom Airbnb close to the hospital. She is trying to get ahold of the owner to see about renting it for a month. I told her we would gladly pay for each night we are there. She had wanted me to stay at the RMcD house with dgd21 and we would have had to get dh a hotel room. The other grandma is talking about coming back on Wednesday. If she does, I can't see why we need to stay also.

I am presently waiting to rinse the color from my hair. Dgd20 is coming at 2 to trim my hair. I am also doing laundry. Our clothes are clean and ready to pack but I'm doing sheets and towels.

I need to mow this evening. I mowed on Thursday and if I don't mow today, the backyard will be a jungle when we get back.

I need to go to the pharmacy, library and PO, this afternoon.

Time to rinse.................

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:04 pm

praying that it all goes well d lilac!

Return to “Post When You Can”