SIMPLE SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: SIMPLE SUNDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 pm

wrote the power boat teacher for another lesson.

I have been on my franny all day doing catch up paperwork and setting up my august calendar
My out of my comfort zone list is done for this week - hoping I can get some of those things checked off

purse cleaned out (sunday routine)
checking account done
figured out what I spent this week
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:33 pm

While dd2 was creating an account for the Airbnb, someone reserved it for August 18-31. So dd2 asked for August 7-17 and has received confirmation that it is ours.

Dgd21 won't be dismissed today due to high blood pressure. Since all the meds are finally out of her system, she is now an emotional wreck. Dd2 says she has had several crying jags and she is not a crier.

They said the baby has several milestones to reach plus his weight before he is sent home. Each day he has been offered a binky and spit it out. Today he wants it, so they are going to have her breast feed him and see how that goes. Who knows if he reaches his weight and other milestones, he might go home before the 3 weeks is up. The other grandma doesn't work so she will be available and is willing to help them out when they come home. As a great grandma, I prefer to just be an emergency helper, not the go-to person.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:10 pm

bless his sweet heart d lilac! I am praying for your sweet granddaughter - the hormones plus and early delivery sounds like it is playing havoc on her emotions- it's so hard! Praying!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Church, Lunch, and the tour were very good. There were 7 of us and I enjoyed every moment of it.

I have DGD6 and DS9 down to rest. I dangled a carrot in front of them (metaphorically) if they were good during the rest time that I would take them swimming when we got up.

I have been developing the design and layout of my digital bullet journal for several weeks (few moments here....few moments there). I am getting excited because it feels like it is finally starting to come together. I have looked at what seems like 100's of other people bullet journal and have tried to make myself use the "right way". But it was like trying to fit a square tool into a round hole. I was having to work so hard to make their design fit my needs that I became frustrated with myself because I couldn't make their design work. Once I stopped using the popular bullet journal layouts then it started to come together. I like to let the information and format naturally develop to suit my needs.

At the hotel with nothing to do for an hour, I decided to create a BuJo layout on paper. I really like the feel of pen & paper. However, after spending about a half hour I became frustrated with using paper. I kept thinking how I could do it 100 times faster using digital and then I could cut/paste it over and over.. As much as I like paper/pen, I don't have the patience to hand draw the lines and hand write the text needed. I tip my hat to those who do it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Praying for continued good progress, Lilac, for everyone.

DS-R has taken our car to listen to the noise and get some groceries. Hoping he finds it's something simple.

Today has been anything but simple. Was waiting for people to pick up the sofa and saw them leave on a motorcycle ride with a couple other bikes. Hoping they'll come by here when they get back because.........dneighbors came over and moved the couch out in the middle of the living area. Then they moved the coffee table/computer table in that place, moved one recliner across the room, moved the second recliner, moved the bookcase, unscrewed the table legs from the floor and moved that so there would be room for the recliner and coffee table along this wall. I've been slowly putting things where they belong. To say I have a mess in here is an understatement. Got a small table moved beside dh's recliner so he can now reach all his things -a cup, fire pager, kindle, phone, etc, etc. May rearrange that corner in a couple of weeks -we'll see.

In all the moving I saw something round on the floor and thought it was an earring. Retrieved it and low and behold it's ring dh bought me overseas years ago with 5 rubies in it. Guess I knew I was missing it, but hadn't really thought about it in a long while. It just fits on my left ring finger so I put it on in front of my wedding ring. Means I won't have to get that ring resized yet for a while. I've been afraid of it falling off my finger as it's done a couple of times. Can't get this ring on over the knuckle on my right hand however.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:06 pm

has anyone had experiences with toastmasters? I am thinking of joining this before I get involved in discussion groups -I have always had moments of severe lack of confidence especially with arrogant men and sometimes women. I like confident people but struggle with those who look down at others - My end goal is to be able to go into a setting/meeting/events with a more confident attitude (and not sound stupid because anxiety makes me forget everything).

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:26 pm

has anyone had experiences with toastmasters?

I have attended and participated in toastmaster meetings a few times. I think they are a good way to practice preparing & giving a speech and also to receive feedback on ways to improve. The reason I attended Toastmaster was to try to reduce my dislike of standing in front of people. At that time, my job required me to weekly host a meeting of the 20+ top supervisors of the place I worked. I absolutely hated every second of standing at the podium and talking. I was very knowledgeable about the topic but I didn't want to be on stage. I'm a behind the scenes typa gal. I have spoken hundreds of times in front of a group but I never overcame my dislike of it. But that was not any fault of Toastmaster.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:45 pm

My sister is in Toastmasters. She's in a Rainbow group so the groups can represent certain subsets of the population. Perhaps you can find a group that reflects your comfort level (women only, but not women who are doing Toastmasters to help them rise in the corporate world.)

It is recommended that lay worship leaders join for a while to get constructive feedback.

My sister, btw, was an excellent public speaker and lacks no confidence. The only reason I can think of her to join was to be around people who appreciate word play and public speaking, not to hone her own skills.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm home!

The day went fairly well. We had set two alarms which turned out not to needed (dh woke up 4 minutes before they were to go off) but had he not woken up, we did need two since mine didn't go off!

We got off to the church later than we had hoped but certainly in time and long before the sound guy was there. It was an excellent service and they enjoyed dh's anthems. I was happy to give them a taste of the K & K Gospel Hour although I didn't sing this time, just led the worship.

Dh said my sermon was one of my better ones. That tells me I never quite know what will click with anyone!

We had lunch at a dairy bar I had heard of. Turns out they do food as well as ice cream and we both had fish & chips. The price was $7.75 for the platter so we assumed that meant one piece of fish and a regular to small serving of fries (or rings in dh's case.) Nope - 2 large pieces and lots of fries and rings (2x our serving last night) so dinner tomorrow night is set. The ice cream flavours were interesting were to-die-for. We'll go back, though. Just because I didn't love my pecan caramel, fudge doesn't mean I won't like the chocolate cheesecake. We got kiddie cones so I could only try one flavour.

We dropped into dd's before coming home and spent about 90 minutes with dgs. They are away next weekend so we won't see him then and we go away the week after that so I'll be anxious to see him before we leave on our trip. I need to drop off the eclipse glasses so will have a reason not to miss seeing him.

We are home and almost everything is put away. Now I need to decide if I'm going to prepare dinner (pork tenderloin and sides that don't involve potatoes because we have none) or nap. Dh napped at dd's for while, along with dsil!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:29 pm

We had guest singers at church today that did the entire service. This group home base is Nashville and they tour all over the country. Surely they had to know what weather to expect here. They have kin folks that attend our church so I know they were told they would be performing with no a/c. The group did not alter their clothes to fit the circumstances. The guys were wearing all black including ties & suit coats! The ladies were wearing nice formal dresses, jackets, and heels. I was concerned they might have a heat stroke and/or pass out from being over dressed in the heat. But thankfully they were still standing at the end of their hour of non-stop singing.

Kids swam for over an hour. I swam for about 15 minutes but I was uncomfortable being able to watch DGD6 while I'm swimming. I kept focusing on my swimming instead of her so I got out and piddled around the pool while they swam. DGD6 has waaaay more confidence in her swimming ability than she can actually do. She is without caution so requires constant monitoring until she can swim as well as she thinks she can. :)
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”