Monday Markers

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday Markers

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:39 am

I finished rearranging dh's 'corner' of the living area. Had to take everything off the bookcase and then was able to move it. I've pretty much settled the rest of the living area.

Just heard from dgs that he's 'up'. Told him to eat and brush his teeth then could come over here. The drawing card for here is that we have internet. :lol: If his friend isn't here today I'm sure he'll spend most of the day.

It's too bad dneighbors swung the sofa the way they did -the front faces our front counter/tv area. Maybe when dgs gets here we can swing it around and it'll at least be useable until it gets picked up. It would be long gone if we could get it out of the RV ourselves, Kathryn. But we can't and anyone coming in has to have insurance registered with the campground so we're kind of in a catch 22. If it gets turned around it will be fine until it gets picked up. The couple taking it are movers but need help to get it out of here. Of course my one fear is that it won't fit through the door. In that case it will be cut up and disposed of. I have a feeling it was put in the RV BEFORE the walls went on. I know all the cupboards and appliances were in first. We saw it while it was being built in Indiana. I'm in a good mood about it all now. At least we'll have lots of seating and dgs can stretch out on the couch to be on his electronics. :P

The hummers are really hitting the feeders. Know it won't be long before they're gone. Generally by Labor Day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:00 am

Just discovered our windshield mount gps is illegal in almost all the states we'll be driving in. Sigh....

It has a camera and offers lane drifting warnings so we want to use that feature on the long trip, not just the gps (which we could use down low, no problem.

Have spent more than the 30 minutes of trip planning I allotted myself in order to find a solution. Slow slogging but have located an item that should work. I had suspected this might be an issue so we went to an auto store on the weekend to check out alternatives and there were none in a store. I'm guessing since I have to buy something compatible with my manufacturer, that's why the general store had nothing that will work.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 am

Lady M, I saw a photo on Facebook of dgd with the pink hair, and wondered.

I love the talk about pens - another "Bright Shiny Object" to check out! I only head up each next page (or half of a page) with the date and day of the week. No weekly calendar in BuJo because it's all on Google. I do write down appts for each day the night before or first thing in the a.m. on that day's page. I've added a pen holder to my BuJo: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CWMAPW/re ... 6995563237 It's actually too small for most pens, but the clip on most pens fits through it so when I dig it out of my purse there's always a pen there.

Yesterday for the first time ever I sorted a civil war pension file into chronological order to help organize it, and to help me follow it. It was about 100 pages, and spanned 1879 to 1923. This was for a great great uncle; he left TN after he mustered out in 1865, moved to MO, filed a pension claim there in 1879 and several from other MO locations through 1890. By 1895 he came back to TN, then lived in North GA with a great grand niece, then north west AL dying there in 1922. There are pension documents from every decade!

I've already been out this morning to a funeral at the Nat'l cemetery here for a congregant. There's a pavilion at the cemetery for "graveside" services thankfully. Pouring rain while I was driving there, and merely rained during the service. I didn't go on to the grave side. Dh is going to the shiva tonight.

I need to get things cleaned up for dcleaning lady next. She couldn't come last Friday so will be here around noon.

This afternoon at four p.m. I have my Pro Gen online discussion.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:44 am

Good morning! Welcome to Pandora. I was TheOtherElizabeth in the past, but since the original Elizabeth hadn't been on in years, I shortened it in the move here. I think I have been around since 2004 or thereabouts. Pens, pens, I love pens. Dad owned an office supply store when I was growing up. A whole warehouse full of selections. Beautiful. I am currently using InkJoy gel pens in various colors at payroll. I use a different color every day and cycle through until they are all gone. After that is used up, I found a 100 gel pen collection on sale for $23, mostly different colors, but some repeats.

Friday, I had dinner with a friend. Saturday was the usual cat adoption clinic, followed by DD15 pick up at guitar lessons at church. While there, we saw a dog tied to a neighboring building's water meter beside two mattresses. Yes, he was still there for church Sunday, with no water or food. Called building manager, who identified it as belonging to a renter. He took it home. I don't know how long it had been there or how long it would have been before someone noticed, but he is safe now. The other animal crisis the week is still ongoing - Briggs will be getting a blood test today. He went from being considered a healthy adoptable foster to a hospice case overnight on Wednesday. My big sister presents for the baby shower were a hit, with the Draculaura doll practically glued to the older girls hand. I didn't get as much done on the weekend as I wanted, but many LOLs were processed, bills and budget were done and bills were scheduled for while I will be away. Ten days until Hawaii! Last night, I made lists of To Pack and ToDo. Tonight, I am having dinner with the remaining traveling companion.

At payroll, the daily loads loaded, and reports are on the menu as always. At some time during the day, I must collect some info for traveling companion (easy), get an address (also easy), and deal with the life insurance company again (ACK!!!). Trying to pay them has become a nightmare since they moved. No one knows which of their three addresses is the right one. I think if I send payments three times and am rejected each time, I should get that quarter free.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:46 am

We use WAZE on our phones for travel, Kathryn. Find it every bit as accurate as our GPS which we also have (and sometimes even more so when events happen on a route). I know we can't mount the GPS on the window though. WAZE is a free APP. Sometimes we use both.

DGS is here and he helped me turn the couch around. Not as easy as I thought but we "got 'er done". :D He's now lounging on it and on his iPhone watching a movie. I'm now settled for some time. Oh, here comes dh. He'll have a fit when he sees how much has moved. :o

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am

Pentel RSVP fine pt

Pilot makes a similar one.
I'm happy with either one.

Headed to the cardiologist.
Blessed -- there's no particular logical reason he doesn't want a defibrillator. Except he reasons that his main problem is the weakened heart muscle and a defibrillator would do nothing to strengthen his heart. OTOH, the doctor says THAT problem puts him at risk for a heart attack, and the defibrillator COULD prevent that.
Except fear of the procedure itself, I guess dh fears the possibility of it giving unwanted/unneeded shocks.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:53 pm

computer is making weird noises - time to bring in but I am thinking of all of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:44 pm

Blessed: I hope it is a quick repair!

Twins: your pen holder reminded me that I own this one:

http://www.online-marks.tokyo/en/statio ... -s-sv.html

I linked into a Japanese website but I think I got mine in either Hong Kong or Singapore. I have never used it but now I have the perfect use for it. Glad it made the cut when we moved!

I s2s and then dh and I went to the bagel shop for lunch and then on to the market for veggies. He's having some fresh peaches now. I have broccoli and beans and corn for my dinner tonight.

The walk was 3 miles and the sun is warm so I'm resting now. Feeling a bit stuffed at the moment (had a breakfast at the bagel shop instead of a lunch.)

I have to get the bed stripped and remade and the laundry on. And grab my bujo and find out what other goals I have for the day. There were an unreasonable number of them, if I recall correctly.

Edited to add: one of those items on my list turned out to be a 2 minute task. I had no idea and have been putting off for a few weeks.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Laundry, laundry and more laundry. There will always be laundry to do. Right now, because I had been doing laundry 4 nights a week, everything is caught up. I only have a pile of black socks to put away.

Pens. As long as the ink is black, I will use the pen. For black markers, they must be Sharpie brand. I use only one shade of yellow highlighter and they are also Sharpie. I have one pencil, and I have had it since dd was very young. It is the type where the tip can go into the bottom of the pencil when it gets dull and another tip pops up. I have no idea how many sharp tips are left. I tend to not ever use it but I don't want to toss it. I also have 1 unused pink eraser in case I need it. Just remembered that I have 24 colouring pencils which are Crayola along with a very old box of 64 Crayola crayons. The colouring pencils are somewhat new. I didn't enjoy colouring in any of the adult books I bought. I even bought the one with swear words, and it was boring.

Dh and I went to a street festival and there was one food vendor was actually selling frozen food. There was a very long line up for that. The only hot food vendor that went with the "Polish/Ukrainian" theme of the festival had a very, very long line up. Almost 45 minutes, but we went to this street festival because there was going to be Polish food there. We heard thunder numerous times while we were in line. All of the seats at all of the tables were taken up by people sitting and drinking beer from the beer vendor which was right next to the food vendor. We had our food put into take away containers and got those put into bags and then we got to the truck 4 blocks away as quickly as possible. Good thing I had an umbrella because it started to rain as soon as we left the fenced in food/beer vending area.

We had most of the food as soon as we got home and it was worth the long line up. Meat-on-a-stick, pierogies, cabbage rolls, sauerkraut, pork schnitzel and rye bread.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Aha! Kind of figured something happened with people who are taking the sofa. He was just here and very apologetic. An incident did take place with other people that were at their place & one of the guys who was going to help got into a fight. Then the other guy who was also going to help got in a big fight with his wife. So glad we're not part of that group and actually this guy would rather not be. At any rate another camper has told him he'll come in later today and help him. I know I'm going to be super happy with this set up in here. Once the sofa's out I'll switch things around on the computer desk. Right now the laptop is on the right and the printer on the left as I can only fit the chair on this side with the sofa here. Once I switch sides it'll give me lots more room for my desk top stuff.

Ha! This sat here for well over an hour or 2. Friends came to visit and I think I never hit 'submit'.

Dh has gone to shower. He's going to try to go to fire meeting tonight. We plan to go to pot-luck first. I'm making a dish with ground turkey -if it tastes ok, we're going, if it doesn't, we're not. How's that for a solid decision?

Return to “Post When You Can”