Monday Markers

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday Markers

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:24 pm

pulled will stuff for new will with new attorney - dh hates this stuff and doesn't want to discuss it. Plus we are in a bit of pickle bc sometimes his chemo brain pops up once in awhile and he will decide things that are not good for finances - it is a concern for dd's / also my family has Alzheimer's and I worry if I go a little off the wall I don't want to have my d kids loose everything because someone took advantage. He wanted to buy the lot down the block with all the neighbours to build a park - not thinking that working with neighbours never financially is a good decision, taxes on the property, insurance and suing for a child or anyone getting hurt. Great guy, as you can see, but not always sensical when things come up and his brain may not be clear. He never would have thought like this before.

Unfortunately we have known 2 men who passed thinking their new wives would give inheritance to their children - one that when the husband passed, the wife had a mental breakdown and the awful daughter took everything. (they were very very wealthy) - she even moved into her mothers house claiming it was hers in pictures. The daughter of the wife (husband step daughter) gave nothing to his children. Since I have known a couple of this 2nd/3rd marriage stories and the children -The children and families get nothing and the new wife goes traveling. I have become very uncomfortable with this. Wish us luck tomorrow with the attorney.

french done 1-1/2 hours (on August 23 it will be one year since I started this adventure)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:54 pm

I have "The Albert Einstein Look" and I have LONG hair, so I will leave that image with you guys so you will have the gist of how my days have been going. This "look" started Friday evening when I had no time left to put my hair up before vacating my bedroom/bath for dd37's family. So I spent the weekend and today like this and had a super early blood draw too this a.m. Ta...Da. Because it was raining at the time, the nurse and receptionist were very reassuring. (Little do they know I hardly needed the rain for "the look".) This evening I'll shower and become socially acceptable again. Also clean. (Good idea since I have a dr's appt tomorrow a.m.)

Hi again, Pandora

I have caught up on posts through Saturday evening. If ya'll have been brilliant since then, I'll have to find out later.

What am I saying. WHEN ya'll have been brilliant, not if.

Another tada today was to make a dreaded phone call to a friend who boldly asked me yesterday evening to use my house for a surprise party. I had been shocked by the request but didn't have my thoughts together well. I did say, "that doesn't sound like something HRH and I would enjoy having here." I promised to get back to her. I called this morning with thoughts formulated. I told her that even though her family was welcome here at any time, having a large party of people, some of whom we've not met, wanting to hide indefinitely in the rear rooms of our home, was uncomfortable for us. She was very receptive and so that is done. (HRH asked me last evening, "Has she MET you?" ) Just the word, "party" was uncomfortable for me, long before she got to "large" or mentioned my own house.
(insert fainting smilie here) and "hiding"? - well, I would need smelling salts.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 pm

I like having a green :mrgreen: ink pen around - there are just times that another color is helpful.

PINK is helpful for another highlighter color.

In general, though, pen sets of multiple colors have never proved helpful to me - I have some sitting around, useless.

I keep lots of BIC Atlantis in black around and have used them exclusively for church work.

I keep the same in blue and use it for personal things, so the black ones generally stay where they are put. Blue is helpful to me when I'm using my own printed, lined items like my grocery shopping sheet I print - keeps me from missing what's been written as opposed to the constant part of the printing in black.

Sharpies do many things - to write directly on baggies or other disposables, to write onto Scotch tape for temporary labels on plastics that are not disposable, to make names on gift tags look bolder and more special. Oddities have been touch-up of worn shoes, covering up the emblem on black yoga pants I need to wear for other things except exercise, "painting" wrong side of the first few inches of paper for a paper bead so it won't look homemade, and a little help for hair roots in an absolute pinch.

Truth - I thought "markers" meant, like, landmarks or guideposts, or for instance like Lilac's dgs reaching markers to get to go home. lol

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:08 pm

It has been 14 hours since my day began and I can feel my energy level dropping.

We were a couple hours later than normal starting homeschool so we did 2 hours of school this afternoon. Then we spent an hour in the swimming pool.

I finally found something to use in the pool that gives me confidence that I'm not about to drown. Over the past couple of years, I have tried many things but anything that left my arms free didn't give me the confidence that I need to relax and swim. Today I used a snorkel vest for the first time. I absolutely love that I can easily control how much the vest supports me. I started swimming with it completely full of air. After a few laps, my confidence grew so I let some air out of the vest. I continued to let air out of the vest each time I swam a lap. Just knowing that I could control the amount of support it was giving me was a confidence booster that I needed. I ended up swimming almost non-stop for over 30 minutes. My legs are feeling the workout they got from all that kicking.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:35 pm

I did errands and got dip pen ink white and blue, left a message that I wanted violet too. I got caligraphy paper and parchment paper for dip pens.
I have collected energel pens by piolet maybe not sure I love them, got g2 pens for the brown one. They have refills not that ther were in stock at my store. .so I have a rainbow of colors for a selection! love them.
had great success at ths thrift shop got books ... a could have pics with quote in them, also got a couple of notebooks.

Painted rocks watering no house work accomplished.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Another long-time to-do is done. Woot! A monthly service for backup internet which has failed to work the last 5 times I've needed it has been cancelled. The little stick is at least 5 years old and I'm thinking it no longer can connect to the new services. I don't think it is even 2g let alone 3g or 4-whatever.

Sheets are changed and the laundry done but not yet folded. That's a weekly. I feel like I've failed at homemaking if that goes 8 days for whatever reason. Weird. I know people who go weeks and weeks and they still survive (only because I haven't killed ds for doing that! He lives on his own now so I try not to think about it!!!!)

We had dinner and I had lots and lots of veggies. And I feel ill now. It was the leftover fried fish from yesterday. Yesterday I had it with onion rings and fries and was fine. Today, with the corn and broccoli and beans, I'm sick. Go figure. I'm boiling hot, otherwise I'd make a cup of decaf tea to settle my tummy.

I did walking club so am up to 12500 steps today as opposed to yesterday's 1800. I still have a ton of to-do items but will go fold the laundry first.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Wow!! Other than the clothes on our backs and one blanket on the couch/sofa/chesterfield, all of our laundry is done and put away!! I love 3 day weekends when the power is rated as being off peak as far as pricing. Plus I just kept at it. I also have just 2 dirty cups and 1 spoon in the dishwasher. All of the dishes and pots and pans are cleaned.

After dh goes to work tomorrow I will sweep the floors. Supper tomorrow night will be a turkey casserole. My Clean Friend called me last night and asked if I would like the legs from the turkey she had just taken out of the oven. I just have to buy a can of cream of potato soup and a box of stuffing and pre cook the carrots and some beans from our garden.

Other than that bit of grocery shopping and going swimming at noon with Clean Friend, I have no other plans for tomorrow other than sweeping and stitching.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi! Finally a few minutes to post.

We take a noodle into the water at the beach. Surprising how much it helps. We've talked about getting innertubes but lugging them all the way down from the parking lot in the heat is yucky so we probably won't. We carry towels, a jug of water, and 2 beach chairs. Sunday we went down to the beach, we were gone 2 hours. Came home in a rain storm, timed it just right.

Pens! I love nice pens, but a really hard steel tip, not a softer-feeling one. Pilot (I think) makes a gel pen that's supposed to be unchangeable for check writing and I like those except they come only in med. which is more like bold to me. We get freeby ones in the mail all the time with our company name on them, asking us to buy a gross, etc., and I never like them but we try to use them up. I use all the color highlighters I can find and green, red, purple pens for things that need it. I use a different color pen each month on my bank statement so I can tell what statement it is on ... and I know y'all are laughing :lol: because you probably all do this on your computers now.

Last night I only got 3 hours sleep in the early morning. I just had insomnia for some reason. So today I was tired.

Even still, I got to the post office to mail a package on the way to my neurologist. That appointment went well, we were in agreement on several things she's been gnarly about... if this lab value doesn't come up we're changing meds, stuff like that... but now she's saying if it hovers like this and bobs back up a bit now and then you're ok. Much nicer appointment than I've had with her for a long while.

Tomorrow I go to the ear doctor. I ran out of ear drops at 8 days, tho I was supposed to do 10. I just knew that tiny bottle didn't have enough Rx in it. Been using my ear plugs in the shower, they work pretty well. Little white blobs of silicone that I stuff in the outer part of my ear and shape a bit to fit. I used them at the beach also but didn't get my head under the water. We don't swim in the gulf, we just bob around. What, am I going to try swimming to Mexico? :lol:

Helped DH several hours as he cut down an aluminum frame and made a screen door out of it for someone. Saw kept spitting out little pieces of shrapnel and I was sure glad of the safety glasses.

So that's the news from this part of the world.

HaHa, Albert Einstein hair. Mine's more like Phyllis Diller right now. :lol:

Cathy, have you started your job at the book store yet?

Harriet, where do you and HRH sleep when your family is there? Nice of you to give up your rooms for them.

Ok, off to bed.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:36 am

HRH sleeps on the firmer couch both nights, and dd18 and I alternate on the other, softer couch or in her room. This time I got smart and insisted on her room the first night so that I could have best energy on Saturday, their long day here. Then she had the best energy on Sunday, the morning she had so much responsibility at church. Worked out much better.

Nice of us, yes, but remember, this way we have been providing my parents' house for the 2 sons during their saving-up-for-building times, PLUS (very important) having that house occupied by people who care, and kept up well. Dd37 feels better about things knowing that it's less of a "downer" to the family that she's not returned home yet. (sigh) So, it's beneficial all 'round.

Her whole family was invited over there Sat night to visit with dstepson and dstepdil and their VERY popular-with-the-boys dog.

More TaDas today were extra laundry, extra Desk Day, plant care, trip to church to meet a lady with a check. Pleasant visit/chat with her.

I'm S2scrunchie and hitting the hay. Hope everyone sleeps well or has just finished sleeping well!
Speaking of which, Lynlee, how's the bedtime routine going?

hi, BookSaver

Tomorrow
Dr. appt
P.O.
Bank
Electric company

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:07 am

I have the same hair d harriet! it is wonderful that you know that people that care are in your folks home and that it helps them save while they live there. I totally understand why you wouldn't want a surprise party at your home!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”