Pick it up; don't pass it up Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Pick it up; don't pass it up Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:03 am

in my home, pick up your stuff or any stuff and put it away becomes a daily challenge. We all become blind to the clutter. Dh and i may have to remind other wonderful souls in our home that they have to play the pick it up and don't pass it up game along with us. I think dd younger and I tie but dh and when dd older is here are also contenders.

Is there anything that gets left on the floor, counter, dining room or kitchen table that should be put away at your home?

in my home, i noticed if one of the dogs grabs a bag and tears it apart (to find any goody or crumb in it) the bag is left on the floor even if people pass it up. I left it there for days seeing if anyone noticed but no one (NO ONE) did. So this old mom is reminding the members in my family that they need to be part of the Pick it up - don't pass it up challenge.

I hope today is an uncluttered day for you and most of all an all around brilliant day to you and your family
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Pick it up; don't pass it up Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:08 am

GOOD MORNING!

today is appointment day. dd younger has a neurologist appointment that I go to. 2:30 attorney

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:20 am

blessedw2 wrote:in my home... We all become blind to the clutter.

Same here!

My favourite example of this (told here many times before) is during the SHE get-together in Cleveland. I had carefully taken pictures of all the rooms in my house so my SHE sisters who I'd be meeting in real life could see my home. These pictures were taken over several days; as I tidied a room, I'd take a photo, and then move onto to the next room, shifting clutter around.

Someone looking at a photo including my SHE card counter in the kitchen (dh had a place for me to lay out my cards built for me when we redesigned the kitchen) asked what was on the counter. I enlarged the picture because I had no clue. It was a small bag of dog food. Remember, we never had a dog! There had been one staying with us at least a month before and it was leftover from that! Even when I tidied up, I was blind to that clutter!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:40 am

I'm up! Lights out around 10, awake at 5:50 due to a pigeon cooing on the ledge under the open window. I got up to spray it with Windex (I'm a horrible and cruel person but not much if any gets through the screen, I just want the smell there to remind the pigeon, "Not this ledge.") Didn't get out of bed until 7:45 but only dozed a bit in there.

It was sunny, then foggy, and now the sun is burning off the fog. It looks quite pretty over the city so I took a picture and sent it to MF, wishing him a happy birthday and wishing that the fog lifting and sunny day ahead is a metaphor for his upcoming year. Last year was pretty hard on him but I know better than to think it can only get better. The church drama should be over, his older son's bad concussion seems to have healed (and he's back on the podium) and his younger (who is like my youngest) won an academic award at school so appears to be coming into his own instead of being under the shadow his big brother (who is a major athlete and excels in school despite being away so much for training and competing.)

Bangs trim today should I decide to go. I'm not sure I will. It will be 5 more weeks until my next hair cut and we have a wedding just before that, but trimming them today won't really help. On the other hand, it might be fun to go downtown and wander around a bit while dh is getting his hair cut. I'll see how the day is going.

The balcony plants are watered. I had to turn the smallest tomato plant to lean into the railing since it was starting to list too much and looked like it would easily blow over.

I didn't mention it but on Saturday or Sunday while we were away, the wind was something fierce. I have a heavy glass rectangle-shaped container that sits, upside down on top of three candle holders so that rain won't get into them when they aren't being used and it is a pedestal for them when they are being used. It had been tipped over by the wind and the candle holders upended and the tea lights were scattered on the balcony floor. A small pot of petunias already on the floor of the balcony was now empty of plants but I never found all the plant on the balcony. I'm guessing it literally blew over. I had bungee corded the cages of the two largest tomato plants to the balcony railing and pushed a chair up against them and that was obviously a good idea, they were askew but still upright (so far one has blown completely over 3x.) So I'm guessing a storm came through!

My tea and chocolate is nearly done. I still have a lot of yesterday's tasks to do. My experience with the two long-outstanding tasks is I'm fearing them more than I need to.

Next up pay bills (thankfully not long-outstanding!) and then maybe the insurance claim for my glasses (that's been hanging around a while.) That will get two file folders completed and out of my way.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:40 am

oh you made me smile and laugh this morning d kathryn... such a cute story... reminds me of my home. great idea on taking a picture.

have a great day d kathryn.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:11 am

My day is off to a good start.

Yesterday I noticed the back tire was almost flat on my bike when I was riding it. DH put some air into it and today's bike ride was MUCH easier. I have considered (again) changing from an old fashion bike to one with gears. When leaving our driveway the first 1/2 mile is uphill. That is the part that I am struggling to get going. If the bike had gears I think it would be easier to pedal uphill. But the purpose of me riding the bike (other than pleasure) is to build up muscle and cardio. Riding the old fashion bike uphill without gears does both of those things. I decided that I need to be content with the bike I have and just keep on keeping on. Eventually, my muscles will be able to pedal uphill easily. I'm adding just an itty bitty more each day.

When I did daily pool maintenance this morning I found the pump running without being primed (not moving water). It was working okay yesterday after I vacuumed the pool, back-washed and refilled the DE filter. I'm guessing the seal wasn't perfect and it lost the suction overnight. Any way I took it apart and put goop on the seal and it is working correctly now.

I decided to start doing something I observed my Dad do for most of his life. Each day he had a project. Most of his projects weren't anything big but he had something he wanted to finish by the end of the day. Yesterday my project was to set-up and organize a mobile tool bucket for the house. I had tools in a pouch and more tools in a plastic tub, but they were not easy to see the tools available (I had to dig through them). My new-to-me mobile tool carrier is now an apron on a 5 gallon bucket. I started this project yesterday morning while DS9 was gone then stopped when time to start school. I was about to go to bed when I remember that I hadn't finished this project. It didn't take me long to finish it and then I went to bed with a feeling of accomplishment.

Today's project is to inventory and organize the paint stash. There is at least one 7' tall book case filled with paint cans of all sizes, shapes, colors, etc. There is another table in the garage with paint bottles & cans. By the end of the day, I want to have a clue about the paint we have on hand.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:16 am

I've been noticing those "blind to clutter" spots too as I've rearranged. Got up this morning and realized the living areas/kitchen look pretty spiffy. Good thing as I have computer work that needs to be done this morning. I've procrastinated on council minutes for almost 2 months now. Imagine that! :roll: I don't plan to go to the meeting tonight so need to get them typed and sent off to the church secretary so she can copy them this morning. Supposed to go to rehab but am calling shortly to cancel my appointment and make one for probably tomorrow. Depends on if dh can get our car in so the tires can be checked.

Thanks for the great start, Blessed.

Nice idea, LadyM. Have to think on that one!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:18 am

waving at end of day

Harriet - some days are better than others for bedtime routine. Last night I was in revolt, it would seem/
Have been managing to get an every night run of washing dishes happening, so counting that as progress.
today
Pulled some nasty sharp long grass late today as green bin contribution. bins out.
Shorter walk around nearby block.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:20 am

Hi!

I had to get out of bed at some point during the night because I simply could not sleep. Sat in the library and read for a while.

Harmony I haven't started at the bookstore yet. Not until after the 25th as the owners will be on vacation for a week and a bit.

Today I decided to clean out my trunk. I didn't vacuum it, but I tidied it. I had a lot of reusable bags in there. I also had stuff from thrift stores to bring in. I love finding glass "frogs". Not the animal, but the ones used to help arrange flowers in vases. I have also started bringing home vintage, handmade doilies and linens. A friend gave me 2 milk glass (Fenton?) lamps. Her choice of shades were a bit hideous to me, but I will replace those. I also put all of the donations into one large green garbage bag. There have been at least 3 white t shirts near the washing machine since last summer (I think) and I decided that if I haven't dealt with them up until now, then I obviously don't need them as much as I thought and they are also in the donation bag. I didn't even look at them to see why they were there. The donation bag is now in my back seat and I will deal with that today.

I have also done some cross stitching.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:46 am

I am up fed hens still smokey out sipping black coffee. Posted a pic of some rocks I painted yesterday on fb. I need to journal, counters need attn. p.m. payroll.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”