Pick it up; don't pass it up Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Pick it up; don't pass it up Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:29 am

waving to all of you!!! I have to leave for dd youngers neurologist appointment - keeping fingers crossed

I did one hour of general housework (struggled with focus but kept redirecting myself - timer went off and I was thrilled)

à tout à l' heure mes amis :D !

Bonne journée!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:45 am

Cathy: I have 2 frogs. They are invaluable when putting a pretty selection of flowering weeds on a table. Most of those weeds are too tiny and fragile to look good in a vase but the frog helps them stand up and you can getting a pretty display. I've been using one of mine on the balcony because the dang 'spring greens lettuce' keeps blooming yellow flowers (I'm sure I've done something wrong here) and so I cut those off and put them in a heavy glass dish with the frog on the table out there. For a place with so much wind, I have a lot of glass on the top of my glass top table! (There's the heavy rectangular container, 3 candle holders and a glass dish with a frog.)

Frogs are also good when you've had larger flowers break off close to the top of the stem in high wind. They'll keep them looking good several more days.

I've done most of the vitamin prep for the trip except I'm out of fiber pills so need to get to Costco for that. The difference in price is worth the extra time and gas.

There's a load of laundry waiting for me to hang it up so I'll do that next and then get onto paperwork challenges.

Actually, I guess there's some of Monday and Sunday chores to do. I had turned off my SHE system calendar in order to better track the trip planning and forgot to turn it back on again. Most items are habits but I forgot to water the indoor plants yesterday and wind the clocks on Sunday.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Right after breakfast this morning I ran to the post office and returned a DVD to the library's outside book return. Now I'm sitting by the phone waiting for a delivery scheduler to tell me what time my new washer & dryer will come on Friday.

I thought I was going to have this Friday afternoon off work, so delivery was originally set for "sometime between noon and 4:00." Now I've been asked to work Friday from 9 to 2.

I called the store last night to see if they could tell me whether my delivery was set for the beginning of the list or the end. Customer service does not have that information. The best the person could do is take the message that I would like the delivery scheduler to call me today. She also offered that if the noon to 4 time slot won't work, they could move my delivery & install to the later truck for 4 to 8PM.

Whenever they arrive, I will be grateful to have a washer & dryer in my house again. I'm lucky that there are 3 reasonably clean laundromats about a half hour drive from my house and I can usually find other errands in all 3 of those neighborhoods. Still, it's inconvenient to haul all the laundry baskets back & forth, and it takes several hours in a block of time. It will be so much nicer to have the freedom to throw a load in the washer or dryer and go do other things while the machine works.

I still have some cleaning to do in the laundry room and kitchen before Friday.

I think I posted before that I delayed the delivery by an extra 2 weeks to give DH time to get rid of stuff and clear a path. Guess how much of that work he has done. Go ahead, guess. That's right, nothing. :|

The delivery guys will have to come through the kitchen, down the stairs, through a corner of DH's mancave, and into the laundry room. They might also have to go into DH's bathroom next to the laundry room because that's where the main water shut-off is located if the water supply valves to the washer don't work.

I've decided that I'm responsible for making the kitchen, stairwell, and laundry room look decent for the strangers to view. Not spotless, just reasonably clean.

I won't have time to do anything in the dining room off the kitchen. There are a bunch of bins stacked in there and the table is full of piles, so it will look like the storage area that it currently is.

If DH's mancave still looks like a hoarder's paradise on Friday, so be it. I didn't cause any of that mess, so I've decided not to be embarrassed by it.
Ditto with DH's bathroom. I'll clear out obvious trash and clean the toilet, but that's all I feel responsible for doing. He has piles of stuff on top of the box that conceals the water valve, and I may have to nag him to clean that up Thursday night after I get off work. However, I'm hoping that he'll figure it out on his own ... after I point out to him that the laundry room is ready for the delivery and say again, "Oh I hope they won't have any trouble with those shut-off valves for the washer water supply lines." ;)

This has taken some time to type because I haven't just been sitting by the phone. I've gotten up several times to refill my water glass, do a bunch of 2-minute jobs, and check on noises outside (beeping trucks doing something at the business a block behind us and a very loud car at the stop sign).

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Bookie - I'm excited about your new washer and dryer and the convenience it will give you.

My project time was just wiped out so it is doubtful that I can finish it today. I did make a 3 page printout for writing down the paint information as I organize it so at least I am ready to get started as soon as time appears.

Homeschool this morning has been A-okay. DS9 has had better days but on the other hand he has definitely had worse days. I am pleased with his effort.

DS9 is eating lunch (leftover spaghetti & meat sauce) then I'll take him to speech therapy (20+ mile drive each way). I'll stop on the way home and pick up a few groceries. We might make it back in time for swimming. It will be a short swim if we do. Then we will go to DMom's and weight watcher meeting. It will be around 7pm when we finally get home to eat dinner. This is the only day of the week that we eat that late. I will put some potatoes in the instant pot before leaving so they will be ready for a potato bar. I already have all the toppings for the potatoes ready.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:05 pm

LadyM, you're able to bake your potatoes in the Instant Pot. I'm still on the fence about what I want to buy for here. Have to do it soon if I'm going to make it this summer. Only have 12 weeks left here. Summer's going mighty fast!

Tomorrow dh and a friend are going to the Empire Field Days southeast of here about an hour or so. DGS12 just answered dh that he IS interested in going. Said he was just talking to his Dad about it last night. DS-R said, "It's just farm equipment". But there's really more than that. Looking to the future and the past for one. So I might have at least a morning and part of the afternoon all alone. Haven't seen that much this year.

Tomorrow night we plan to go to dneighbor's for pizza and dominoes. Haven't been able to play yet this year. Not with dh's leg and dfriend's carpal tunnel surgery. Planning on tomorrow so if it doesn't work out we can move it to Thursday.

Just called my "focus/project phone call" for today. Made an appointment for inspection, oil change and tire rotation. Can't get in until Monday at 10am. Hoping to find out what's going on with this tire noise.

Went for one walk around the 'large loop' (7/10 mile). I could walk around the big pond (it's 1 mile) but I'm leary about walking along the back side where no one is around. I plan to go out and walk around the smaller loop later. Have to measure that and see how far it actually is. Would like to get to the point of walking the bigger & smaller ones all at once.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Good advice -- pick it up, don't pass it up. I wish sometimes I could share y'all with ddil. (We actually do pretty well with this part at my house. Dh is better than me.)

Actually had a good visit with cardiologist yesterday. He told dh to come back in two months.

Headed to nursing home singing now.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:31 pm

Good morning! I cannot get the #@$%!!! blank extra page to stop displaying at the end of my report. Since it does not appear on the PDF, I am going to ignore it and get to more substantive changes.

Last night, I had dinner with M, my traveling companion friend, who stays with the xBFF and her daughter S. M confirmed that the x and the other woman will be at S's birthday dinner next weekend. Joy. The interesting thing is that S does not want them there either, her mother made her invite them. S hates them. I told M that I didn't think xBFF liked me any more because she considers my drama-free, calm, peaceful life to be boring and would rather hang around with exciting people she can follow like a soap opera. M had a different perspective, as a widow. She thinks xBFF considers me a rival for male attention! I suppose it's possible, but the thought of embarking on a romantic relationship fills me with revulsion. Someone who is desperate for a man, any man, may not be able to wrap her brain around that. Apparently she now spends every waking moment either at work, martial arts, or with the boyfriend, completely ignoring her daughter. Daughter hates the boyfriend and is disgusted by their juvenile PDAs and his bragging about their sex life at his birthday party while everyone was paying attention to him blowing out candles. I've always felt that a couple who has to be doing PDA all the time is either faking it - either trying to convince themselves or others, or one partner is a tomcat marking his or her territory.

After dinner, I retrieved Briggs, who is now at my house. He is normal, but somewhat subdued. He opened the closet I don't want them in, but did not stay there. He seems to like a retreat available when he is sick, whether he uses it or not.

Tonight, I was planning to take DD15 to the local amusement park, but weekdays end at 6. I get back from Work City at 6, that cannot happen. I need to call her and make Plan B. I'm not sure what we should eat, because I am having stomach grief. I need to eat, but don't know what would be best. I'm already hungry for lunch, so that is a good sign.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 pm

The joys of distraction. I am on my way home by bus after a 90 minute detour to library baby time.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:00 pm

Just returned from a second walk around the smaller (inner) loop. I figure by step count it's about 3.5 tenths -making it a little over a mile when the two are added together. Trying to do a bigger push toward losing some weight. My pounds just don't seem to be moving at all. Know my doctor would be pleased to see me down a bit from June's weight. Me too. You'd think that my weigh-in twice a week at rehab would be push enough for me. ;)

Think I'll run into town and get some zuchinni -ours just aren't coming very fast. Want to stir fry a dish with those, onion, potatoes and kielbasa for dinner.

Any thoughts on extended warranties for vehicles? Our 2015 Chrysler 200 has just about 49,000 miles. I imagine our warranty will run out at 50,000. We'd like to keep it another 2-3 years hopefully. I'm trying to decide whether to discuss it with dh. A lot depends on how much a warranty would be. It already had to have a new engine put in -May- at Chrysler's expense.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Distracted here as well.

-clear kitchen counters and empty dishwasher
-start a lol
-s2s
-make the bed
-refill boxes for meds, etc.

Ack!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”