Pick it up; don't pass it up Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Norma

Re: Pick it up; don't pass it up Tuesday

Postby Norma » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Well, I picked it up instead of passing it up. "It" was a small plastic baggie on Mr. Guy's sink that contained gauze pads and a tea bag. that the dentist gave him almost two weeks ago to use if his extraction location began to bleed and wouldn't stop. He had no intention whatsoever using it so just let it lay there. It was the first thing I saw every day when I walked into the bathroom. Took care of that this a.m. :roll: :lol:

We went early this morning up to Lake Tahoe for Huevous Rancheros at our favorite restaurant. The Lake is full of summer people now and tourists. It is such a gorgeous place and we love to go up there and have either breakfast or lunch at our faves. This will be our last trip up until Mr. Guy has recovered from his surgery (Aug. 17th) and before we head for AZ the end of September.

PAN, was hoping to see you here today. You know I love to read about your life so please come back soon. (Tell Austin Granny I miss here also!) :)

Have a nice day all! :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Waving ...

Spent the last two days at a workshop for the school where I sub. I was in it's by my friend teachers and the principal. Enjoyed it a lot but am glad I am retired. The school keeps asking me if I want to return to a full time position, which of course is flattering, but I am enjoying my retirement.

I made a commitment to myself a while ago to put things away as soon as I am finished with it. Sometimes I want to put it off, but I am finding it only takes a true "minute or two" to do it. Results have been wonderful .... less footprints to remove and my house is staying in spectacular shape. Course Sweetie is an engineer and a BO so that helps and there are only the two of us living in this home. However since my decluttering efforts the task has become even easier.

In my office I have a three draw rolling file. Top draw is for office supplies, middle is for small games, like jacks and uno cards as well as pickup sticks and such. Third drawer holds my art supplies...scissors, glue, note cards, ink stamps and so one. Now all I have to do when I need something is to think which catagory my objects falls into and I know where to find it. And I've spent a great deal of time in my kitchen getting rid of all the gadgets I never use.

Next up to declutter; my under the sink cabinets in my guess bathrooms.

Dee... not long ago I came across one of my favorite rings I though I had lost. Turned out I had been sleeping in the guest room, took it off and must have put it in a small night stands drawer in a small box. I most likely did this when I had a migraine and didn't remember doing it. I'm so happy to have it back and know you must feel the same way about your ring.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Dee: I bought the extended warranty for our Honda Odyssey because it had electric doors and to repair those if they broke was more than the warranty. Turned out they lasted fine but the a/c gave out and was replaced under warranty so I still came out ahead. We didn't buy it on our Prius because our last one was just under 3 years old and 35K miles when we got it and we never had to fix anything, just routine maintenance. So we decided to risk it with this one. Which is now almost 5 years old and 65K miles and still haven't had to pay anything beyond routine maintenance. Still feels/looks new to us as well although in the past year more rattles inside the cabin are being heard.

I'm now way behind on the day and physically exhausted.

I went for the bangs trim and did banking while dh had his hair cut. Stopped into Tim Horton's for a chili lunch and went to text dh where to meet me (there are 5 within a 3 block radius there) and noted a text from dd. She was looking for us because she had just had a picnic near our place. I explained we were downtown at hair cuts and she could meet us and show our stylist the baby (he's known her since she was a baby.) So she hopped off the bus and met us there and she and dgs were fussed over. He was really cute with the stylist.

Then dd suggested we go to the library and visit for a bit, and dh went to sit down at the front lobby but I took them up to the children's area so dgs could spread out and have some toys (he'd been in the carrier a long time.) The librarian came up to us and welcomed us to baby time which was starting in just 10 minutes. So we visited for a little bit, then dh headed home and I got to do baby time with dgs!

It was loads of fun and he liked it a lot (the one at their local library shut down for the summer at the end of May just as he was getting engaged with it.)

But my arms and legs are sore from lifting him and bouncing him and getting up from the floor multiple times. Still it was a lovely visit and probably the last until close to the end of the month.

I took the bus home, swung by the grocery store for potatoes for dinner (just 2, since we are leaving on our trip soon) and then got talking to super for a bit, and finally dropped in to ask permission from the manager to try another bbq. I'm home now but not ready to get to work. Dh might be heading out this evening to a meeting he didn't know was happening so I'm going to start defrosting the meat for dinner and get that going.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:50 pm

((Elizabeth)) I hope you figure out something to eat that helps. "stomach grief" - I'll have to share that phrase with HRH. I think it will resonate with him.

Norma, I hope the 17th is a day that goes exactly as the pros expect it to. Best wishes to Mr. G.

I love the title. Favorite phrase there, for sure.
(sometimes it's "do as I say, not as I do" here, however)

The chores I gave as my 5 by 5 last evening are done.

So much to tell about dr's visit and some is for H and F, especially the exercise chat since she is what I'd call an ultra-runner and very interesting.
She has gone through the letter of the general prac. dr's opinions about my blood work and is unconcerned. She says everyone is different, and if my body decides my normal is to have more red blood cells than the range says, maybe that doesn't make me unwell, just well-stocked. :idea: In theory, she says, that could mean good energy and well-oxygenated cells all 'round, and why would we be sorry to have that. So she made me feel much better.
She understand more from the full panel than I could and says the cells themselves are normal, and that that's the important thing. (I didn't even think about that - gee, glad it didn't occur to me!) She doesn't exactly disagree with some other recommendations of the new gen prac, just says I seem to be getting suggestions that are meant for someone a decade or so older than I am.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:40 pm

quick hi - I wish I could read how all of your day was. I will do that later.

attorney done - hard on dh
dd older swam at our house
dd younger had her neurological appointment - will be getting a couple tests - but he doesn't think he will see anything.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 pm

I need to get going now. Been at my computer too long, just surfing.

First up: clean up the kitchen and then fold laundry and dust. If you dust at night, it goes quicker because you can't see all of it!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Just looking back -- have I mentioned how much I LOVE that our posts are saved so far back? I LOVE being able to see what I was doing/saying a year ago... or in this case, five years ago:
Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 pm

shhhhh...

Dgbaby has been sleeping in his bassinet about 30 minutes... :shock:

And tomorrow is his first day of kindergarten... I just can't believe he's already this big. And I can't believe how quickly I "took" to being a nana. ;)
Y'all say a prayer for him & his sweet teacher tomorrow. I hope she will love him and accept him with all his little quirks, and that she is able to help him learn to manage his frustrations a little better.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”