WHACKY WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: WHACKY WEDNESDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks for the recipe. I'd make more substitutions but it does look like something I could make and eat. Not normally a casserole fan.

I've done the dusting and vacuuming and filed away my sermon from Sunday. I had to split Year A Pentecost files into June/July and Aug - November because the file was too huge. It is funny to look at my files for my services because they aren't evenly spread over the year, nor over the lectionary years. For some reason, I seldom work in Year B (starting with Advent this year) so don't have resources to pull out. I have no idea why there's one whole year in the lectionary cycle I haven't worked as much as the other years. I've been through the cycle 2x now.

Dh and I are going to walk to an errand when he's off the phone and then go drive for more errands. I hear him now so poof!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi everyone! The application report is complete and in review. I am working on proxy report. I have finally made a DPC and arranged a lunch on Sunday with a friend. I could not do this until settling some scheduling with the x. I have DD15 for the amusement park Friday evening, when it will be open until 9. Tonight is a few errands, some stuff related to the trip, and some other chores.

It was just as well we could not go to the amusement park last night, I ended up with a migraine and DD had a regular headache. Egg drop soup and meds cured all around.

I have copied the recipe from CathyS. I am so bored of the massive quantity of leftover chicken from my turn at cooking the youth group meal. I think I still have stuffing leftover from Thanksgiving too. All taking up room in the freezer, when they could be combined. Based on the contents of the freezer, I will probably half the recipe, increase the meat, and decrease the vegs. May not happen tonight, one of my errands is the library for trip reading material.

Guess I should eat some lunch now.

ETA: Oops! My plans have changed fast. At least this change is not due to anyone needing the ER. I completely forgot the animal org board meeting tonight. The good thing is that it takes care of the dinner decision. I really wanted to get to the library. That will have to get pushed off until Monday. Or maybe DD and I can go Sunday.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 pm

I haven't CUOPed but did see that Kathryn, like me, has little to show for the day! I've been piddling around researching, not particularly productive.

Today I can start recycling again. Two weeks ago, I was away and the recycling bin was full to the top, and dh forgot to take it out. I've stuffed a bit more into it over the past two weeks, but it's empty again, thank heavens.

I do need to go to the grocery this afternoon. I'm also going to make a simple chicken salad for a light supper tonight for me and dh. There are also leftovers and kids can order a pizza if they want.

----------------------------

And this sat here while I went to the store. Going to give myself a break for few and start at TOTH working again....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:17 pm

I have been going non-stop since my feet hit the floor this morning.
** 40 minute walk and then a short bike ride
** personal care & AM kitchen tasks
** went to DMom's to get DS9 (he spent the night with her)
** Homeschooled 2.5 hours
** lunch prepared, served and enjoyed
** Homeschool 1.5 hours. We completed 23 lessons today. It was a very good schooling day.

It has been bittersweet to see all the pictures of the first day of school. I need to have a visit with the principal about DS9 doing part time school again this year. A DFriend told me that she saw DS9 name listed as being a student in Mrs. W class (4th-grade teacher). The 4th-5th-6th grade students share 4 teachers. The 4 teachers stay in their room and the students rotate between 4 teachers for their basics. The rest of the subject locations are shared between all the grades (elementary thru high school) and are taught by one teacher for each subject (pe, art, computer). Last year I had one teacher to coordinate with about DS9. This year there are 7 teachers. That just seems to be overwhelming coordination to do for part time. It would be much easier to officially pull DS9 out of public school and just do homeschool. But I want DS9 to remain in contact with his friends and feel like it is still his school too. I haven't given up on the possibility that DS9 will be able to return to public school when/if the Tourettes calm down. I don't know if I'm being realistic or not. I consider homeschooling DS9 to be a temporary solution. I'm can't imagine homeschooling all the way through high school.

WW was good last night. My morning weigh in doesn't give me a clue what I will weigh at 6pm so I step on the WW scale without a clue what it will show. WW said I lost .6 lb. It was totally acceptable to me considering we ate out 6 times during DS9 birthday trip plus having 3 birthday cakes and ice cream. DH gained 2.8 lbs. :shock: I'm actually surprised he didn't gain more. He made conscious choices to over eat at every meal that we ate out. I didn't say anything but I did make the best food choices that I could. DH later brought it up that he regretted his food decisions. I consider it part of the process. We each have to learn to downscale our portions and make better choices.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Errands are run now. I still don't have a milk bag clipper, that dollar store chain doesn't sell them. Plus we gassed up the car for the last time here. This tank should last until we cross the border because we don't have any big trips planned.

I still have to do a regular grocery shop but that can wait until tomorrow.

Booked the food truck so have to get the posters ready for that event happening next Monday.

Next step, downstairs to see if my parcel is in the parcel box. It was to arrive today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Made the bed, put away the groceries, made the bed. :oops: Also made chicken salad for a light supper. Going again at 5 p.m.

Dh is going for a sleep study tonight - he had a CPAP when he was heavy, and gave it up when he was at his goal weight. It was scary how quiet he was when he slept then, no snoring at all. Since he's gained weight back, he's having a sleep study. He doesn't weigh anywhere near what he weighed when he had gastric bypass, but I suspect he needs the CPAP again.

I have three lols to fold and put away, and more things that need doing.

I can do some research later when dh is out! :D

A car was stolen in our neighborhood last night. OTOH, the guy posted on the Nextdoor app that he had left his keys in it! :shock: They have been wringing their hands all day over it on the neighborhood Facebook group; I added that he had admitted to leaving keys in the car. I don't think we have to panic, but be cautious. Stupid to leave keys in car. I make sure I lock my car every evening now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:43 pm

People complain about things being stolen from their cars in the garage but we have yet to see any broken windows so that indicates people are not locking their cars. On the other hand, we've left our unlocked by accident numerous times and nothing has been taken.

Speaking of taken.... Came home, with small purse cross body, large purse cross body, diet pepsi can in my hand, unlock door, come inside drop large purse on the chest in the front hall (its spot) and put the keys in the closet, the can in the recycle and then helped put away things. Went to go downstairs, no keys.

Now my hook for them has been broken for 2 weeks now so they've been ending up in the kitchen, the chest in the hall, my purse, or wherever I put things down. Start the search. Twenty five minutes later, found them inside a small bag hanging beside my old hook. I must have put them on the 'hook' (muscle memory) and they dropped in. We had searched everywhere in the closet, shaking out all the boots, going through all the bins, nothing. I went through the garbage, the recycle, and did 1000 steps around the apartment looking for them.

After finding them, went to the mail box and my parcel hasn't arrived. Bought the potatoes for dinner (which is now going to be too late for me to do walking club or I'll have to wait until after, eating at 7:45) and took off the broken command hook and screwed in a proper metal hook. It took 5 minutes. Had I done that when the dang hook broke 2 weeks ago, I would not be in this mess over dinner tonight.

Oh, and they are turning the water off in the building NOW. Apparently there was a problem when they turned it back on (although no indication it was ever off in our apartment, no air in the pipes at all.)

To say I'm in a bad mood is an understatement.

The only bright side is it is obvious I've got in the habit of putting my keys in one spot. That's something I started shortly after joining the online SHEs. Tonight shows how many hours I've likely saved looking for them over the years.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Twins - I wonder if anyone's exterior house camera captured a picture of the thieves?

I bought some fresh corn on the cob. DS9 had never shuck corn and considered it fun for awhile. He now thinks opening a can or a bag from the freezer is easier.

I've decided I made a mistake in setting too big of a project to be done in a day. Inventorying and organizing the paint will take hours. I don't have that much time extra during the day. I can fit in a 1-hour project by breaking it up into pieces and fitting it in between other activities. Anything bigger than that is setting myself up for failure.

DH accidentally left his phone at home when he went to cook at the church. His phone has rang several times during the past couple of hours. I didn't answer it but let it go to voice mail. I just looked at his phone a few minutes ago to see who is calling. If it is his Mom then I would make the drive to tell DH (none of the calls are from DMIL). There are 4 calls from our preacher. I suspect something has come up and he isn't going to be at church tonight and wants DH to preach. I'll leave it up to the preacher to find a way to reach DH. He is a resourceful fella.

DS9 doesn't want to go to church tonight. Hum....wonder what is up with that? Maybe because he has been gone so much and/or DGD6 has been here. DS8 might just need some down time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:50 pm

I swept & mopped the kitchen & dining room.

kidN here in the pm each day this week till Fri.. herd mom split up with the guy drama... spared U the details.

Smoke is unhealthy here.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Back from the walk. Posters for the bbq made and printed, now I have to go put them up.

Sent out an email to the exec letting them know the date. Facebook has been updated. I need to get an email out to everyone with the information. I'm up to four items for the email.

Oops, just remembered something else that has to be put up in our notice board so I'll make that and then walk over to update the boards.

Return to “Post When You Can”