WHACKY WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: WHACKY WEDNESDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:46 pm

LadyM, most of us don't have exterior cameras - the homeowners assn is putting up a camera at the entrance, however, to catch license plates of cars coming in apparently. We have one entrance so that would be effective.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Spent the entire day at home. I even made excuses to friends that I didn't feel great. I just wanted an entire day in my nightie/bathrobe. Moved some corningware stuff with the blue design (cornflowers?) to the same shelf as the plastic food containers. Now, if the size you want isn't available in plastic to stick in the fridge, use the other ones.

We had spaghetti with meat sauce for supper. I helped dh water the garden after that. Working together, it took an hour and a half.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:10 pm

The laundromat was rather nice this afternoon as there were lots of open machines and no screaming children. :)
Grocery shopping was good, too.

I'm looking at my schedule for the next few days, though, and something has to be cut. I hate to do it, but I've decided to reschedule my washer & dryer delivery to next week, and hope they can do it Wednesday morning.

That will let me avoid annoying the boss by leaving early Friday. I'm filling in for the high school girl who is taking off for a long weekend with her mother and grandmother. She was scheduled to work until 2 on Friday. My machine delivery was originally set for sometime between 12 and 4, so I would only commit to working until noon -- but I told the boss that I would try to arrange my delivery for later to be able to work the whole time slot.

When I talked to the delivery manager this morning, though, he was unwilling to give me any better idea of the delivery time than the original 4 hour window. The more I thought about that this afternoon as I sat in the laundromat, the less it became worth the hassle. I've already waited this long, I can wait a few more days when insisting on Friday has become problematic but waiting until next week will make everything much simpler.

Pushing the machine delivery off until next week will also let me go to bed at a reasonable time tonight instead of staying up to clean. I didn't sleep well last night for worrying about all that needs to be done this week. I'm going to need sleep tonight or I'll be useless at the library tomorrow.

Stupid work schedule:
Tomorrow 12:15 to 8:15.
Friday 9 to 2.
Saturday 10:45 to 2:15
Monday 2:30 to 8:15
Tuesday staff meeting 1:15 to ?

Saturday I'm filling in for the high school girl again and it was supposed to be starting at 9:45. That would have meant totally skipping my monthly sewing group meeting, and I considered doing that. Then I realized that they owe me a bunch of expense money and if I don't go to this meeting to have the check signed, I'll have to wait another month to be reimbursed. I conferred with my coworker and she said she would have no problem at all working that first hour by herself, especially when she had thought she might have to work the whole time by herself if I couldn't come in at all.

I'll go for the first part of the sewing meeting and hope that the announcements are short so we can get right to the program. It will be about ideas for quick holiday gifts, which is always a fun topic. I might have to leave in the middle to get to work on time, but at least I'll see a couple pretty things.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:16 pm

That's the same corningware I have, Cathy! Got a 3-dish set for a wedding gift from my best friend's parents, and then I've added to it from dmil and dh's daunt's collections. It is also the corningware my dmom has!
As I have bemoaned many times here, however, what I really want is a set of Fiestaware in all colors. * sigh * That is NOT going to happen, I do not believe. Someday I will have my dmom's Russel Wright Iroquois White, (minus the pieces dbro lost/broke/whatever during multiple moves during college years -- which I really, really love, but I cannot possibly justify buying new dishes.

Hope your neighborhood catches the thief, Twins!

I have had a sorta productive day, in a personal sense -- not at all in a cleaning house sense. I did put on walking clothes first thing this morning -- s2s was out, b/c dgd arrived before I was even out of bed. (Everyone was excited about first day of school at their house, and they were moving uncharacteristically fast today, I think.) DGD & I rode to the post office w/dh, and then we walked a mile outdoors. (DGD in her stroller, of course.)
After ds, ddil, and dgs left with her, I s2s and went to the courthouse to get the form for the doctor's office (for dh to get handicapped placard) then to doctor's office where he signed it while I waited, and then back to the courthouse to get the placard.

Dh has not felt well today at all, and said, "Who am I kidding? I'm not going to be able to go to ballgames this fall..."
* sigh * Sometimes he gets sooo discouraged. He hasn't really been eating well the last several days, and he was paying for it last night.

First day (2.5 hours) of school went well -- EXCEPT -- ddil said dgs had a screaming fit when another child tried to join him putting a puzzle together.
* sigh * And this was the son of one of ds's classmates, who ddil & ds had hoped would "hit it off" with dgs. Oh well. So much for first impressions. :roll:

I'm just going to wave to everyone and check J&C and then sign off.
I woke up with an allergy eye (luckily, only one eye seems to be affected) and it is almost swollen shut. I'm using rx eyedrops and taking extra antihistamines, but so far, no relief.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 pm

I also made a bulletin board announcement page today, Kathryn. You sound efficient today.

We also have "allergy eye" here, lucylee - it's HRH. And no leftover drops. I bought the itch one he's used to in a 2-pack this time so we'll have it in the future unopened, and a "tears"-only one. Hoping one of them helps him.

Dstepdil's dmother is visiting them and I went over and saw her - haven't seen her since dstepdil's grandfather died. (It was NOT she who had any discussion in a waiting room today, lol.) She looked great - "starched hair" she said, lol. Yes, I heard it crinkle when we hugged!

I had a good personal but not-so-hot housekeeping day, too, lucylee. I was able to check off all my healthy habits :idea: but only some laundry and cooking got done around here. Considerable phone conversations, and a little Desk Day.

This is also the year our green-eyed boy goes to K. But the first day of school is not until late in the month this year for some reason. Haven't heard when the other boys (dd37's 3 oldest) start in their area - theirs is a "public charter" school. I've got to find a nickname to call her youngest here - have been saying "the baby" and he's just not any more! He's now the official chicken house helper for his Grandpa when they are here and carries eggs carefully.

BookSaver, we're happy you'll get to attend the quick-holiday-gifts meeting! We know if you find out anything cool, we get to find out, too! (hint, hint) 8-)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Signs are up. Got the mass email sent (it meant cross referencing with the new membership list so took longer but is done.)

It was fireworks night so I sat on the balcony for 15 minutes watching those. Some were really cool, they started as one sort, switched to another and then became a third style.

It is late for us so time for bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”