Thirsty Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thirsty Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:15 pm

I'm posting so we can roll over to the next page.

I'm going to have a slice of pizza for supper, with salad.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:43 pm

Kathryn...
I wanted to let you know I have found a great recipe for Oppsie No Carb Bread that comes out much better than most. In fact my mounds are so high that I need to flatten with the back of a knife so they will fit into my toaster. .

Here's the recipe: 4 1/2OZ cream cheese room temp, 3 eggs, room temp., 1/2 TBSP ground flaxseed, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp cream of tarter...I also add some ground herbs like rosemary and garlic to my mix.

* Separate the eggs.
* Using a mixer, Mix eggs yokes, cream cheese and all other ingredients.... with the exception of the Cream of tarter...into a bowl...including your herbs
* Beat till smooth
* Remove the medal beaters, then wash and dry them well before using them again.

* In a separate bowl whip egg whites and cream of tarter for FIVE minutes.
* Add the yoke mixture into the eggs white, I use a large spoon to do this *****they do NOT need to be mixed completely
* Scoop individual mounds of mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. DO NOT spray cookie sheet with Pam...it makes the
mounds cook unevenly.
* Place in a 300* oven for 30 minutes.....I start watching mine around 26 minutes
* Let cool on sheet and then place the mounds on wire cooling racks.

To Store..
* I use a plastic tupper ware type container. Using the same parchment paper, line the bottom of the container and then layer your mounds. Take a second sheet of parchment paper and place it on top of the mounds, then add another layer of mounds. keep going until all mounds are used and then top with a final piece of parchment paper.
* Place the containers lid on the container and close, but DO NOT seal completely.
* Store in the fridg.

My mounds are usually bigger than a hambuger bun in diameter, but not as thick. Make sure the mounds are completely light brown on the top before removing them from the oven. This ensure the egg mixture in the middle is cooked all the way through. That's one of the reason I toast mine, plus I don't like eating my bread cold out of the frig. I've played around with the seasonings and sometimes I add a bit of stevia and cinnamon by its self to the egg mixture before I put it all together. Then in the morning I can have "cinnamon toast" with my eggs.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Another day filled with personal business, not progress on WHB or zones or anything else.

Called cardiologist, left message -- they later called back & talked to dh -- told him he could drop back to 5 mg Lisinopril (bp med) and there was no need to keep 2-wk log of his bp...
Dmom called -- she can get her teeth done tomorrow if that works for me (it does). Hooray! I am a bit anxious about how she will adjust to dentures, but anything is probably better than the pain she has been in. The tech from her dentist, who has to fit the dentures & therefore must coordinate this appt with the oral surgeon, told dmom tomorrow is her off day, and she will just come in anyway and then make up her off day later. I thought that was so sweet of her!
Called allergy doctor, talked to nurse about getting another steroid shot, she said it would be fine -- it's been 5 months since last one. She advised going to walk-in clinic today, and upping my allergy shot strength when it is time to refill.
Went to drug store...
Went to walk-in clinic for my allergy eyes -- put this in J&C, but to repeat, I was very disappointed that I got no steroid shot. I really think I need a steroid shot. Especially after allergy doctor's nurse had said it would be fine. Nurse practitioner assured me that steroid/antibiotic drops would solve my problem. Also gave me a rx for antihistamine.
Went to 2nd drug store...
Home -- load of clothes in the washer -- about to start supper.
We may go to a movie tonight. (No Braves baseball.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:43 am

Hi!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am

My day a m watering & weeding errands, payroll pm, playing on the net window shopping for fountian pen & music appreciation. Filling my tank. Did some laundry.

Return to “Post When You Can”