Five minute Fling Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Five minute Fling Friday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:06 am

Just a twist on the five-minute challenge and Flylady's Fling concept.

Instead of numbers of items, just run around your home for 5 minutes looking for items to fling (either toss or pass along). If donating, have a place to put the donations in your car so you can drop them off the next time you are out.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Five minute Fling Friday!

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:12 am

Have a box in the trunk of my car to toss G oodwill items in. Whenever I go to W mart in Geneseo the Gwill store is only a block away. I pull up and have them take the box -no matter how little I have in it. As small as our living space is, I'm always finding things to toss. I already tossed 2 dishes of things in the fridge this morning. The trash bag was about to overflow and dh is taking it down in a little while.

Dgs12 is already here and I've fed the starving youngster. Not that he eats much, not yet anyway. I expect he'll develop that hollow leg almost any time now. Know for sure he's growing tall. His Dr. has been concerned because he's on the lowest part of the growth spectrum. But x-rays have shown his growth plates haven't started to go yet.

I have rehab this morning so am leaving very shortly. Managed to get the morning routine done. By the time I got breakfast for all 3 of us -all different- I'm pretty close to leaving. I really wanted to get out and get a walk done befoe I left but that's not going to happen.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:23 am

I'm still really enamored with the "if it takes less than x minutes, just do it" concept and it is making a visible difference here.

Tidying takes less time because there's less piled up to-do. The apartment looks better almost all the time.

Unfortunately, when I lost my keys earlier this week, it was more frustrating because you could tell at a glance where they weren't because surfaces were mostly clean. There was nothing for them to be hiding under. Which meant I had to dump out my purse contents and my mini-purse contents (which was absurd because the keys don't fit well in there without overstuffing it so you can tell at a glance they aren't there), the garbage, the recycle, the fridge, the drawers next to where I was in the kitchen and the front hall closet. Twice for that. Finally found them inside a soft pouch on a string that I use for walking club when I need only keys, phone and a water bottle in the closet. They had fallen into it and remained spread out so although I felt the pouch once during my search, I didn't feel them because they weren't bunched up at the bottom.

But, despite this frustration, I will continue to keep the apartment looking better!

We were bumped off the 7 a.m. flight from Perth to Sydney and moved to the 5:45 flight (check in at 4, ick!) so I talked with Qantas about that since it was unclear if we were still getting free luggage allowance and our seats have disappeared so I wasn't sure I was still in business. I've made notes in the calendar about lounge access. It is bloody early for us so I'm not a happy camper and it will be a long day since we have a 6 hour layover in Sydney before flying on to Wellington, NZ so it will be a 17 hour travel day. In this case the time change works in our favour and it will only be 7 p.m. body time when arrive in Wellington. According to Qantas we leave in 142 so I should probably book places to stay along the way. We have a few days covered in Perth but aside from that, it is open. And our business meetings in Canberra have disappeared since our contacts there have left government service. So I'm not sure what we'll be doing for the week after New Zealand. It is worth it to me to pay the change fee and come home early but dh may want to stay behind in which case there's no savings (the cost of hotel not used would offset the cost of the change fees.)

It is after 9 and I'm still not s2s. Was thinking of coloring my hair today but I have no energy (another night in bed after midnight.) I need to disconnect my rhythm from dh's. He's working late into the night each night and I just sit and surf from 7 - 11 while he does that, then have a burst of productivity around 11. This is not a good thing because then I'm exhausted and drag the next day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:34 am

I am sorry you got bumped off the flight d kathryn - hope they honour the luggage allowance

I'm still really enamored with the "if it takes less than x minutes, just do it" concept and it is making a visible difference here.
i like that d kathryn

well done d dee

so sorry that I haven't been able to read everyones day's to see how you all are doing. wishing you all a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 am

ready to start
11:40 an appointment for computer at a-pple
3:30 leave for d sis in law to pick her up and other d sis in law for R-avinia

timer on!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:58 am

Morning...

Not much to fling around here since I began my "use it then put it away" program two weeks ago. That includes the dishes and such that I use as I cook or bake. I'm making sure my sink and dried dishes are put away as I go and after my dinner. With just the two of us I rarely use my dish washer. My desk remains as neat and organized as it was when I organized it last week.

I need to run a few errands today but my allergies are really effecting me and I'm not sure I want to spend time outside if I don't need to.

Off to get my second cup of coffee... waving to y'all. :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:58 am

could not sleep so got up at 3 so I will need a nap.
Finished folding the last load of laundry got the put away, rebooted didhwasher I have a plan. Next week is supposed to be cooler hope somoke goes too.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:25 am

Hi!

I was up before dh which is a very rare occurrence. I stitched until he left for work then I got busy. I have been vacuuming and tidying. Dishes are all done except for the lid of a large pot. I have also been outside burning part of the brush pile. It isn't going to go down by itself. It's hot, hazy and humid here today, so great burning conditions. No tell tale smoke like on a clear blue day. White smoke with a white cloudy background kind of makes my location a little bit less noticeable if anyone wants to complain about all the smoke.

I have been Fabreezing the couch and dh's blanket is finally getting washed. It is now in the dryer. I would rather sit around and do not a lot of anything this weekend instead of looking at the same old piles. Island is almost clear. Moved some stuff that had been on there for a very long time.

Dh is getting his ears lowered tonight, so he said I could eat at the mall food court. I don't know what he's going to have, as he doesn't like eating there.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:52 pm

At the oral surgeon's office waiting on dmom... Still a little itchy with my eyes but definitely better than yesterday.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:30 pm

I just noticed I was posting in the wrong day. Ooops! Doing cut/paste to here -

My sleep was interrupted several times by the strong thunderstorm and my dog. He is the best dog in the world but when there is a storm he becomes a big ole needy baby.

It was still raining when I got up so I was forced to stay indoors. Yesterday a lifelong friend was hurrying to finish carrying some things to/from her home & car when lightning struck a tree just a few feet from her. She wasn't hurt but the lightning blew the tree apart and bark went everywhere. DFriend is feeling very blessed to not have been hurt. With that fresh in my mind, I reluctantly stayed indoors during the storm. I was determined to get my 30 minutes of non-stop exercise accomplished so I got on the treadmill. B-o-r-i-n-g. I was watching a movie while on the treadmill but I still couldn't make myself stay there longer than 15 minutes. I did the rest of my walking inside the house. When I walk a round in the fun room and living room it is approx 300 steps. I did it over and over until I reached 30 minutes of non-stop exercise. Not the best of exercise but it was the better than skipping it.

We did about 30 minutes of schooling before DGD6 arrived to stay a couple days. I'm letting them play awhile and then we will do some more school. They play very well together and are very kind to each other.....for a few hours. Then they need some space and/or a nap. Then they are ready to play together for another few hours. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. We will do school during their "space from each other" time.

While monitoring the kids playing, I finished my Project of the Day. I went through a plastic tub that contained two years (1999 and 2000) of paperwork and threw 99% of the papers away. There were lots of detail papers because I kept everything in case we got audited. We never did get audited and we have sold everything that we owned during those years (farm, homes, vehicles, etc) so it was easy to let go of it. I did keep one folder from each year that contains the tax forms that were filed. Not sure why I want to keep those but found myself reluctant to trash them. I'm happy to reduce a tub of papers (1000's of papers) down to a dozen pages. I scan those pages that I'm reluctant to trash and keep them in digital format. I washed the plastic tub and lid so it is ready to be used for another purpose. It took me 40 minutes to do this entire project.

I bought DS9 another pair of shoes this week because he has completely outgrown his shoes. I did a search to see how fast he is growing and found his foot is growing a 1/2 size a month. The shoes I just bought him are size 8.5 men's. If size 9 had been available in the shoe he wanted I would have got that size instead to give him a little more room to grow. In June I bought him size 7.5 men's shoes and he has completely out grown them. He outgrows the shoes before he wears them out.

The sun has come out so I'm going to spend some time outside.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”