Five minute Fling Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Five minute Fling Friday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Dh and I went for a walk to either spot the Persids (too cloudy, let alone the light pollution from the city), and fireflies (we have a bumper crop this year. All we saw was lightening so cut the walk a bit short!

Two police cars at the smallest building. No idea why.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Can't believe it but I saw a chance to just marathon all the report work for the month and I got it done and sent a week early. I told HRH that in one way, I hate to send it early, since most months I wouldn't want anyone to expect I could manage it so quickly. But on the other hand, the feeling of being finished is wonderful right now.

Dee, there's no kitten in it, but there's a photo of ds on the front page, above the fold, of his city's smaller weekly newspaper. He and the children had come over - somewhat unusual for a Friday but not that much of a surprise. Then, strangely, they didn't stay long. And then after they had gone :roll: I found a copy of the newspaper left on my dining table. I called him and he said he didn't want to make a big deal of it, because it was such a boring article. They are receiving a SAFER grant from FEMA, and at the same time the building of their new north-side dept building is just starting. The editor wanted a photo of ds and his truck out in the middle of the wide expanse of turned earth.

Dd18 will be going to see dfirstmil Wednesday and can take it to show her. She will love seeing that.

Ds had come from his physical testing this morning and he improved his own scores on everything except flexibility. He held a plank for the full required time on the first try, which seemed to be what he was most pleased about, although it bothered his back. He talked to the dr who was there for the event about his back (injury from falling from that roof) and dr says consider deep-tissue massage but not surgery, and if the massage is not helpful after two tries, maybe PT sometime.

I've also gotten extra laundry done, made dreaded phone calls, cooked up a big supper of stir-fry, and rescued the outdoor hanging plants when a gully-washer storm came through. yipes.

Nice to hear from Dove - J C.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:30 am

so i will whine in j & c thread about my day...

Return to “Post When You Can”