MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:48 am

Twins: watch your time zones. Be in place by 1:30 EDT in order to watch the effect of the movement of the moon. Two minutes is excellent. That's what we had in Munich which was time for the moon to move into place, be obscured by clouds blowing over and then blowing past so we saw a bit at the beginning and end even though the weather wasn't very good at all.

Here's a webpage to check out if you haven't already found it. It will give you a sense of where to go using stats. I've used this website for all my overview planning.

https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/statistics/

It also has a traffic and weather app which I'll be downloading for my area.

I'd recommend waking up with the car ready to go with camera, glasses, tripod, chairs and food for lunch AND dinner plus snacks, and head out early in the day. Check weather forecasts for the best opportunity. Find a spot and camp for the day. Take an air mattress and nap or read relaxing. The middle of the day will be semi-exciting, the end of the day a nightmare unless you stick at your stopping point and go back to lying around and/or reading until the crowds disperse. You'll have your dinner if that takes a while. Make it a single day holiday from your life. Depending on where you choose to go, you can take the dog as well. I don't think dogs look at the sun so it should be safe. When you are looking up at it, put the dog in the car so it won't look up to see what you are looking at.

My dress is now on because someone did come to the door. Time, actually past time, for another coat of polish.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:50 am

Listening to DS9 talking to himself while doing school work ...... "I can't talk! I have no room because my mind is crowded"
Listening to him talk to himself reminds me of the video I've watched of how busy an ADHD mind is. Because the ADHD mind pays attention to everything, It receives so much information about everything that it gets crowded & overwhelmed.

DS9 is taking a 10-minute break while I get the boxes & clipboards out for an hour of English/Grammar lessons. I have waaay more lessons & things than he can finish this school year. But I just couldn't help myself to add this recently. Q&A for Kids- A 3 year journal. I am enjoying his answers to the questions each day. I require him to write his answer in a complete sentence (correct capitalization and punctuation) so I'm counting it as part of his English lesson.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 pm

We will just see what we can see of the eclipse down here. We'll probably just put on DH's welding helmets for a bit. We know for sure those work.

Little rain just rolled through. Rats. We were going to put the outside fire on tonight but I don't think DH had everything covered, so it all might be too wet.

They are out running errands together. DGS loves to go along with DH. DH always has something for him to do. We are having a nice time. We went to the beach yesterday afternoon.

DGS told me he has a new appreciation for all the trips we made up there to see him. He knows there's a lot of distance between us, and a lot of traffic, but it takes actually driving it to totally understand.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Busy morning for us. Left about 7:40 for lab work for me. It wasn't too bad today, thank goodness. Then we went to next town south for breakfast. Car was due at 10 for oil change/inspection/tire rotation. We've had a noise in the front for a bit. They finally decided it's a wheel bearing and the 'carrier' bearing. Have to take it in next Wednesday and leave it for the day. The wheel bearing will cost us $307 but the carrier bearing is covered under warranty. Can't imagine what it would be if that part/labor were not covered.

I'm trying to spiff up a little bit through here. Seems like everybody is gone from here today. Our dfriends 5 campers away left this morning for the year. They're on their way to Elkhart, IN to have the suspension on their 5th wheel redone. From there they'll leave for the winter in FL.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Kathryn, I've used this site to try to figure out where to go: http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/So ... eMaps.html You're site looks interesting I-75 between ATL and KNoxville will be a choke point, but I can use other routes to get to where I'm heading if I need to.

-shape challah to rise
-put away groceries
-start on eggplant parm
-clear kitchen table "hot spot"
-make a tofu hash for lunch
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Just made up an eclipse playlist (eclipse, sun, moon songs); I'm thinking I might be distracted!

Nails are done. I had a large salad for lunch, need to tidy up the kitchen and eat a protein bar since I'm still a bit hungry. Dinner will be a food truck so I'm front loading my day with healthy food.

Dh wants a walk as well.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Realized I couldn't roast the eggplant until the bread was baked so I help up on that. Got my desk stacked up as well. The kitchen table hot spot ends up being overflow when I'm at the desk.

At this point I am going to get started again at 2:15 and work to TOTH.
-eggplant parm
-vacuum
-set table
-front porch/back porch - probably just vacuum
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:39 pm

One of the songs I put on the playlist (which I'm playing now) was Towards the Sun by Rhianna. I've made note of the line "Turn your face towards the sun, let the shadows fall behind you." on my sermon sparks page in my bullet journal. I love that sentiment (and don't remember it when I was watching the movie Home, where the song came from.

Dh suggested a walk and then microwave popcorn or perhaps the reverse. I reminded him to phone the food truck about tonight (as a reminder for them) and he had forgotten about it. So that means no walk. We had popcorn and he's back working away.

I need to gather up what I need for the bbq tonight. Then I'll work on paperwork.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi!

I think my motivation is just because it's Monday.

Before I went out this morning, I made the bed and tidied the living room. I put away all the clean dishes and washed the dishes from last night. I just put supper in the oven and washed the dishes that I used for preparing the food. All of the clean laundry is away, and the only dirty stuff is what is on our backs.

The island is a mess AGAIN! I spent yesterday mostly working in the library and bedroom. All authors from Michener to Wolfe are in the bedroom. The rest need to get shifted slightly to fill the 15 empty shelves. I had piles all over the floors and on the trunk and they all need to be put where they belong. Almost convinced myself that I don't need any more books. After about 30 seconds of that, I shook my head and wondered what I could possibly have been thinking.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Making decent progress. The front porch is vacuumed - we have a white crepe myrtle that is shedding and the blossoms were all over. Also dusted the two little tables by the front door seating area. Vacuumed back porch rug - most of the debris there is from grass being mowed and tracked onto the rug. They'll probably do that soon, it's a never ending job. Vacuumed around a bit in the house, the worst places. I'll swiffer some also on the bare wood if I have time.

Eggplant is roasted, need to mix up filling and get it put together. I'm going to work for another 45 min to TOTH again.

Motivation today: company coming, so it's a little social, a little fear that things won't look "good enough," a little achievement i.e. pulling it all together when the pressure is on.

Return to “Post When You Can”