On Target Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

On Target Tuesday

Postby BookSaver » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 am

Good morning, villagers ~
What target(s) do you want to hit today?

This is my last full day to get ready for delivery of a new washer & dryer set.
Strangers will be coming into my house tomorrow afternoon. :shock:

I'll be interrupted in the middle of this day because I have to attend a 2-hour staff meeting at the library this afternoon. :|

Other than that time away, my focus for the next 29 hours will be on making sure
(1) the laundry room will be ready for the new machines,
(2) the path will be clear between the driveway and the basement laundry room for the old machines to be taken out and the new machines brought in, and
(3) the kitchen will be clean enough for strangers to see while they're carrying heavy machines through it.

Must Stay On Target!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: On Target Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am

Of course, I'm venturing off target but it isn't my fault. Honest!

I shut my computer off last night so that it would get a full reboot this morning (normally I suspend.) So it came back up with Lenovo asking to do a critical update which I now learn will update my computer's firmware. I'm worried (partly because Avast sad "Whoa, we need to check this out" but didn't report any errors. A quick google search doesn't show up any problems (at least not too many, unlike the Win10 warnings) so I'll go ahead.

If I disappear for a while, you'll know why!

Doing this right before leaving isn't likely a good idea but I'm as caught up as I'd normally be on paperwork (I have lots to do but I'm not up against any deadlines.)

My business books are backed up, off the computer and I'll do the same for Quicken and then pull the trigger on the update. Now that I'm using dropbox, almost everything I need is backed up. It might be hard to recover or I might miss something for nostalgic reasons but I'm pretty well backed up.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:04 am

Well that turned out to be painless! And my computer seems to be running faster than it was a few minutes ago (although it might have been doing background update stuff.)

I'm up and s2s.

I need to leave for dentist at 9:45. It will be an hour long one so I'll be downloading some podcasts to listen to.

After that, I have 1:45 until the car alignment. I plan to find a parking lot somewhere to clean out the car in prep for the trip, taking out the 'just in case' things we won't need, like backup rain coats and hats since we'll have those packed for sure. Then to dd's to drop off eclipse stuff (they are away so that will be quick.)

I'm not sure when I'll be eating lunch since my mouth will be frozen. I'm taking some yogurt with me to help carry me over, as well as extra snacks that require more work. Must bring something with a straw for water since it is a front tooth being worked on.

After dd's is a car wash and then home. I'll take business paperwork to try and do at the car place since that's an hour long appointment. Also supplies to make up a visual budgeting tool. That meeting may not happen but I'll prepare anyway.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:35 am

Hi!

I am actually working in the library putting books away and moving some other ones. All of my Carolyn Keene, Marcia Martin and Laura Lee Hope books are going where they "should" go in the fiction area. I had a section specifically for childhood books, but the Dr, Suess and Anna Sewell and E. B. White are in with the fiction, so why can't the rest of them be there.

"Carolyn Keene" (Mildred A. Wirt Benson wrote the first 29) wrote Nancy Drew
Marcia Martin wrote Donna Parker
Laura Lee Hope wrote The Bobbsey Twins
Anna Sewell wrote Black Beauty
E. B. White wrote Charlotte's Web

Stephen King and V. C. Andrews are also being moved in with the rest of the fiction. Almost 80 books between 2 authors.

I also need to be in touch with my accountant at some point today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:15 am

LOL, Cathy, you sound just like Booksaver, juggling books!

I need to make today as productive as yesterday but I have trouble keeping up that pace.

Guests left around 9 p.m. and I walked ddog around the block with dd, while dh and ds did a fair amount of clean up. I slept in until 9 a.m. - somehow didn't set the alarm this morning.

-sort and start a lol
-breakfast/meds
-walk the dog before the day gets any hotter
-clear kitchen counters and empty dishwasher
-list for the day, rest of week
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:49 am

Bumping Tuesday back to the top.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:50 am

can someone bump me into working.

;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:04 pm

me too.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:15 pm

BOOT

(I'm not sure that will take - I may need a boot first before I can give one)

The bday party for dd was really nice. Food appreciated, a little decor, minimal gifts, lots of fun, loud laughing and teasing all 'round. The only complaint I could have was the difficulty of giving as many people as possible the chance to come. In order to cut the "absentees" down to only dstepsil, we had to have it on Sun, so I had both a stressful morning and a stressful social situation later in the day, with lots of responsibility. So Monday (yesterday) was a wash, in recuperation mode. I slept late, went to bed early, and accomplished little.

I had found a banner (die-cut letters, floral) and was able to hang it across the front of the mantel in a jiffy by hanging from a "ball" of dfirstil's old family organ-top on one side and the hands of dsecondil's ceramic angel on the other.

It was weird for us, frankly, to be frying meat. The last time was possibly a year ago for same occasion. Into the other lasagna I substituted crinkle cut carrot rounds and we were all content. ToddlerC had plain carrots exclusively - she's going through a phase.

The cake was tall and fun, with the surprise of strawberries between the 3 layers and "roses" dd made from the prettiest ones across the top. My dmother's cake pedestal made it even more festive.

We will go to visit dfirstmil tomorrow on her 99th birthday and dd's 19th.

A phone call last evening from ds and I found myself spending 3 hours this morning taking care of his children. Ddil has training for the new position at an unusual hour for her, and he is having to call in favors so that he can get to work a few hours in morning, then a few hours in afternoon.

The kids and I "played" on technology of educational toys (and Aunt dd37's software recommendations) most of the time, so it was a quiet morning compared to our usual. For a break, we watched Oscar's Oasis, a cartoon from France of which I have been blissfully unaware, which reminds me of Wile E Coyote. Our green-eyed boy has been waiting for someone with reading skills to decipher the oddly-written names of the characters, which only appear for a moment at the first of each cartoon. There is no dialogue to have given him any clues. After Daddy got home, I found out it is not a Mommy-approved viewing - oops. I'm sure I'll be forgiven. Now that I think about it, there was a lot of gambling and theft and a few murder plots. Hmmm... ... Our green-eyed boy chose it from Netflix Kids! Maybe they are not too discriminating.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 pm

I went off target - at least 5 blocks/miles away :D
get back on track

d mom is mad at me - she is having issues again with wishing she had a larger family and missing her siblings - so she is being mean and was attacking dd older to me. She also wants me to get together with local relative - I told her she could see relative on her own for lunch and I would be so happy for her - she doesn't want to do that - she wants me to be with her - her feelings are totally understandable but I have to stay free of her own guilt and not having what she wants. I can't give her more than I have regarding family. I feel for d mom. it's so hard to be lonely - I do see or talk to her daily but thats not what she needs. She won't join groups etc. so it is what it is. very sad.

hope you all are well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”