On Target Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: On Target Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 pm

:D thanks I need that boot!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm actually on target!

Waiting at the tire place now. Cavity replacement went well and I was there early enough to take a 10 minute stroll before.

I was done exactly when expected so drove to dd's and dropped off the stuff then cleared out the car at her place.

Picked up a takeaway lunch so the car may get done early since I am eating here. The freezing is leaving so I may take a pill to stay ahead of this discomfort.

The waiting area is just fine so it is time for me to get to work.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Called for a doctor's appointment and (massive surprise) I was able to go there this morning LESS than 30 minutes after I called. Part of the conclusion is that I had to go for some "minor" blood work to make sure there wasn't a virus included with the cankers she found hiding way in the back of my mouth. She also took a swab for strep just in case.

Talked to accountant. Between the 2 of us and his brother (one of my former lawyers) we can't figure out what the letter from my current lawyer means. I saved a trip to Hamilton in the pouring rain.

Because I was just around the corner, I popped in at a thrift store. ~Sigh~ they were having a 50% off sale on books. I got "A day in the life of Canada" for 50 cents.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:22 pm

No, no... not on target...
Dh is sooo sick at his stomach. I gave him some phenergren (sp?) and he is finally sleeping. He doesn't feel like this is related to the heart condition, but I know nausea can be a symptom of heart attack, right? So... a little uneasiness here on my part, but trying not to stress him out more. He says he has an "AWFUL taste" in his mouth and he wishes he could throw up.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Cathy and lucylee, I hope any sickness in households is brief and "just a bug" or less. ToddlerC had a 24-bug that flew past so quickly she couldn't remember which shirt she vomited on. (Daddy remembered - it was his.)

blessed, now I feel badly because I went beyond the little bump to a boot - :) . Must have been because I was thinking of my lack of "motivation Monday", which you guys celebrated. (observed?)
Incentive
Fear
Achievement
Growth
Power
Social

I couldn't get to the article, unfortunately, Twins', oh, well. But looking at these, I'd say that "incentive" means the same thing as "motivation" for me, so maybe I'm not understanding a subtle difference there. Have been in arguments/discussions too much lately regarding "achievement" in faith groups, so it jumped out at me as a motivation that's supposed to be embarrassing and misplaced if I or my daughters have it, but valid and applauded if men have it. Anyway, if I can...get... that....(ugh)... CHIP off my shoulder, I'd say that "growth" is the motivator that's been expanding and ...well... growing for me these days - much more important than it used to be. And others are fading into the background. "Fear", lately, unless there is truly a snake at my feet or something similar to handle, holds much less motivation for me that it once did. Things that used to spur fear, now just get my hackles up and my reaction is often, "why should I" ? :|

Is that maturity or crotchety-ness? both?
Do those two come along at the same time in life? ;)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:48 pm

oh my gosh you make me smile d harriet

also I am giving you a standing ovation!!! BRAVA BRAVA BRAVA
it's maturity along with understand what is okay and not okay. well said.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Sitting in dentist waiting room wishing others would be curteous about wearing perfume. A lady sat in a chair with 3 empty chairs between us and her pefume is so strong that I am almost gaggng. Why do people wear so much perfume? You can smell her from 10' away.
Rant over....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 pm

One of the desk guys here just came over for a chat. He saw my parking sticker and lives in the small building so wanted to say hi. I'm the first tenant from there who he's met here at his work (opposite side of the city so that's not a surprise.)

Still haven't started work but my computer is up. Will open my bullet journal (already used one today for a phone number for the refuge committee.

<much later>

I got the call my car was ready while typing the above!

So paid for the car, headed across town to the car wash, paid for an upgraded wash with wax to discourage bugs from sticking, had them take the tree sap off the windshield (at least most of it) and then came home instead of the grocery store because there is a storm about to blow in.

Harriet: maturity affords us a more complete perspective. We are just sharing what we know to be right, learned through hard knocks; why repeat the process if there is a better way? In this case, why should you when you know the efforts have no lasting effect.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:34 pm

maturity affords us a more complete perspective.
love that d kathryn

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Load of laundry in
Two phone calls made re: that darn condo
-- cable service, parking permits.
Went to town -- Merle Norman make-up place closed AGAIN. (Have any of you ever worn Merlr Norman? It's kinda my grandmother's make-up, you know? But it is one brand that doesn't make me itch, so I stick with it.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”