Woohoo it's Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Woohoo it's Wednesday!

Postby BookSaver » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:25 am

Good morning, villagers ~
I'm celebrating that my new washer and dryer will be delivered today. :D

You're right, it doesn't take much to make me happy. :lol:

What positive thing can you celebrate today?

Lilac

Re: Woohoo it's Wednesday!

Postby Lilac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:37 am

Good morning BookSaver and others as you enter our village.

We need to be at the hospital by 10 to meet dhs dcousin. She has a gift for the baby and wants to see them again before they leave the hospital. We also need to see the friends we planned to see while we are here. The time has flown by.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:21 am

Lilac - I am so very thrilled for your new little one and how well everything is progressing.

Bookie - I'm celebrating that new washer & dryer with you!! AwesomeSauce!

My day is off to a good start. I biked then walked. Bike ride was 1.2 miles and then I walked until Fitbit said I had completed 30 minutes. I wish the fitbit would capture my bike ride but I think it has to be more than 10 minutes before it will do that. Until I work up to 10 minutes of riding bike, I am using MapMyRide app to capture details and send it to MyFitnessPal....which then sends it to Fitbit. When I finally reach 10 minutes of riding bike I'll verify that FitBit is automatically logging it then I'll stop using MapMyRide app. ANYway - my exercise for the day is showing 40 minutes now which is well on my way to reaching my goal of 60 minutes of exercise. I'll do 10 minutes of playing Basketball and 15 minutes of swimming later today.

Paying for the Glow Run/walk in October turned out to be a PITA. The coordinators couldn't send a statement last night because they were at an event, however they extended the deadline to allow me to pay yesterdays price. When I went to PayPal to pay this morning I discovered it was only showing my old CC. The CC company sent me a new one a month ago and I am still playing catchup on all the automatic payments that are now being refused because the CC number is now invalid. ANYway - I got that updated and paid.

Which reminds me the Turnpike Pikepass is giving me a "low balance" warning each time I go through a toll gate. I'm sure that is because they need the new CC # too. I'll update their website with new CC # later. I'm late starting homeschool. Eeek! *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:36 am

Certainly reason to be happy, Booksaver! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HARRIET'S daughter19! And a happy birthing day to you, Harriet.

Been up for some time. Took a sneak peek at my labs last night. All look good (to me). See what the dr. says today. Know my A1C was the lowest in many years. Anxious to see what my BP is there. It's been wonderful at rehab. Usually in the teens over 60-74. Not sure what's making the difference.

Spent an hour looking for a bunch of 'toe' things last night including my nail clippers. Never found it. Gave up & used dh's this morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:58 am

Time to change my computer's password. I update it annually as Harriet's baby ages! It is much easier to remember a full sentence and my sentence has numbers, uppercase letters and punctuation marks. And because I'm tracking someone else's child's age instead of my own, it is unlikely to ever be guessed by someone else!

It is a lovely, fresh, summer morning. The bedroom wing is hot because of the sun but the rest of the apartment has a cool breeze blowing through.

I've finished prepping the budget talk with the NFs and everything is by the door. There are 13 labeled jars, I made up money (used the Careers money but had to make $10s since their lowest denomination is a $50) and have thought out what I want to say.

I've also eaten breakfast. Time to s2s. Dh is on his calls now so it must be a late morning.

Today is bed laundry day. Both beds. I need the spare room ready for the guests when I get home.

My clothes and toiletries are packed. Picnic plates, etc is ready. Laundry things are packed. I have to wash more clothes for me today because I don't have enough underwear. Those will likely go in with the sheets. Dh owns 14 pairs (and his cost 5x what mine cost but have at least 4x as much material so I guess that's appropriate) but his only other clothing indulgence is Hawaiian shirts and since we don't live anywhere near there, those he gets from thrift stores.

I'm hoping to see dgs today but that's bottom of the priority list. Haven't heard from them and they should be home now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

Happy birthday d harriet's dd!!!

my lack of focus has finally lifted!!! yay. woohoo wednesday!

have a great day.

d mom is still in a bit of a snit but it's now giving into my sense of humour in a kind way not at all demeaning or mean. It's no longer bothering me but I remember my dad's mom going through the same thing. Today I can see this with a sense of it's ok and later I might see it in a more warm loving way because of her heightened reaction.

yay on the new washer and dryer d book
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:24 am

I tossed excess egg cartons dusted that shelf off and put away the crock pot that is my woo hoo the other is my new pen set came in! Trying to use up ink in the others first, penmanship pratice done on some quotes today. One gal does these neat wreaths with quotes fir the 1st page of her bujo. Shayda Cambell I believe is her name. I did some research and the tomaoe sp? river paper will not work for me too thin so I will not be ordering it.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:00 am

So pleased that Bookie is getting the new washer and dryer finally!

And Happy birthday to Harriet's dd19. How did that happen?

Fairly productive morning so far, lots of a.m. routine done. I will head out in about 20 for body work, i.e. massage, and a very quick trip into the grocery store. I've made a DPC to try to get quick access to online stmts for dsis' accounts, and, as I suspected, I will need to go by a branch bank to get those since accts are closed.

One of my goals is to finish up her "accounting" and reports to the probate court - somehow in the fog that was last fall I didn't realize I would need to. I've also been following up on some scans that I got at the state library in March, and from films I ordered (in May) and getting those into Evernote and labeled and tagged.

I'm feeling sad about my dmom. Her confusion is increasing and she's needing to use "briefs" also to prevent accidents. She doesn't understand where she is and sometimes references my brother being there or bringing her her meals. It make it harder for me to go to see her.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 am

O.K.A.Y. Taking a break from too many breaks. Yes, that makes no sense. And neither does that sentence. Can you feel the frustration seeping out of me?

We have had 4 people drop by in the last 2 hours. Each time we have had to stop homeschool and go into a different mode. The good thing is no one stayed long because "they didn't want to interrupt our schooling". Uhmmmm….okay.

Deep Breath. Reminding myself that this is NOT a problem, just teeny tiny bump bump bump bump in the road of life today.

(((Twins))))) I'm so sorry your DMom memory is failing. I am thankful you have her in a place where she can be taken care of 24/7.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am

(Twins) looks like you might have moved her and got her settled in just in time.

Also, hugs for (RRose) with her DMom's problems.

So, DGS left this morning an hour and a half now. BooHoo. Man he helped us do a lot of stuff while he was here. We left some $ in his guitar case where he will find it when he's too far away to return. We got all the palm trees finished. DH and I finished the last one last evening. They are good for a year. They are getting almost too tall to trim like this; some day we will have to have them taken down. I had no idea they would grow this fast.

But because of all our hard work yesterday my back is sore, a muscle there, and something in my right wrist is very sore. I am very slowly changing rooms back. I might not get it all done today until my wrist feels better. It's really kinda bad and woke me during the night. I think it's painkiller time.

I have paperwork desperately needing done. Maybe when DH gets home. I donwanna. sigh...

Return to “Post When You Can”