Woohoo it's Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Woohoo it's Wednesday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Bedding ready for the wash and our bed remade. Load of fine washables is on now.

I've brought excess stuff up from the car.

Next up Balcony rearranging although I may be running out the door to meet up with dd.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:43 pm

hi!!! my focus is continuing

took care of d mom's appointments (she got a bit confused - over thinking) regarding the appointments so it was easier to make the appointments myself because I have to drive her. She is back to normal as far as not being in a bit of a snit!!! dd younger gave me great advice - its what she does when d mom is negative about anyone else - she tells her no that she can't do it - that's it. d mom tries it on at times and dd younger won't have anything to do with negative talk about herself or anyone and it works. But d mom is normal again - except for thinking ahead of what she is supposed to do - she doesn't "really" listen but not on purpose. She is always thinking ahead and doesn't really pull it in.

dd younger and I are going to the planetarium for the eclipse (hopefully - depends on weather) I got glasses for the event. if it's cloudy it will be a wash. but it is fun to think we might be part of something.

paperwork done
dishes washed and need to be put away
counters cleaned
it's humid and 88 today

hope you are all having a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:58 pm

And I'm back home - Body work was good - my pelvis was twisted causing back pain, better now. We'll be away in two weeks so I booked an appt for next week to try to keep it straight.

Afterwards I went by bank for copies of stmts - took forever because it must have been the slowest printer in the world but I got what I needed. I had eggplant for lunch, dinner will be salmon, green beans and perhaps caprese salad.

I'm giving myself down time until :15 after, then will work to TOTH. Hope I can get these financial reports wrapped up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Woo hoo -- I have something to celebrate!
Lady at the bank says my funds should be restored within 10 days! (The missing $137 spent in FL without our presence.)

I am just now finally s2underwear, but have made multiple phone calls --
-- DS/Dmom -- coordinating pick up of chair to be moved to college town
-- Bank (see above)
-- Drug store to confirm I have refills on zofran and phenergren
-- Dbil to get parking permit forms for college town

So... must get dressed, take care of all these errands --
-- Mini Storage office -- dmom wrote them a check but didn't sign it.
-- Dbil's office
-- Merle Norman makeup
-- Drug store
-- Groceries for dmom?
Last edited by lucylee on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:14 pm

dearest twins - I am sorry your d mom is feeling more and more confused. I understand how hard it is for you. What you are feeling is so so normal!!!

My grandfather reverted back to his original language and my dads mom literally thought I raised children with her - I think you might benefit from the documentary on a woman finding peace and joy with her mothers Alzheimers. I think once I stopped fighting the pain of what is lost - the people i once knew it got better = no not great all the time but there was joyful moments. Seeing some of the joy of things now you might be able to appreciate the pieces of how she sees things now. Don't correct her - just be in the moment.

things that I look back at and smile:

my grandfather took the clean laundry from the hall - being the neat person he was - and hung up the cloths - I found him in a woman's blouse - striped and with ruffles - I just mentioned how nice he looked - he thought he looked great.

at the hospital visit he was missing my grandmother and he thought a woman in a room (in a hospital bed) was my grandmother and climbed in bed with her (her screaming all the way) He just wanted to hold her hand. (turned out she was from the same retirement/alzheimers area... She was not amused. My grandmother actually laughed and later he laughed about this. This was when he was in the stage where stress hurt his understanding but once the stress stopped he could still laugh about it.

My grandfather though danced the Charleston, (he got a hernia from kicking his leg high) he could still kick a beach ball like a soccer ball and was constantly trying to fix things.
my grandmother being jealous because women always wanted to talk to him. Sometimes he was back to speaking to me as if nothing had happened with his disease - I cherished those moments.

my aunt kept showing me a card I had sent telling me about the other family that took the time to send it... the benefit - she thought she was loved and thought of by so many outside the immediate family

dh's aunt had a different wig on every time and she thought she was stunning.

My grandmother (dad's mom) was my teacher in what to expect with alzheimers - and that's when i learned not to try to change anyone to "reality
for someone who has alzheimers - we both had growing pains with this disease. But we had lots and lots of laughter too. She thought I was an accountant and had boys (even though dd older was with me) that we raised together. I learned to cherish that laughter. Boy we had tough times as well - she thought I stole a $2 bill from her and I was incensed she thought I was a crook - but thats what taught me to be a better person with this disease.

Someone took my (grandmothers) mom's moms teeth - that always surprised me.

I think once you stop looking for who she was (takes time) - and enjoy the little moments in between all the hard - it will help you look forward to seeing her. it's good that she is there... she is safe. Also realizing that none of what she does or says is on purpose then it's easy to forgive those moments.

I think for me the turning point was someone we knew that refused to put their mom into a facility because he had made a promise to his dad. They never knew where she was and if she was hurt - she didn't shower and didn't eat properly. it really wasn't care. I felt bad when they were in there but finding the good helps.

I am praying for you - it is so so hard. I hope that you can have good moments. That she gives you smiles, laughter and joy in between the hard.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:19 pm

(((Twins))) it has to be so hard, but as long as you are in and out/staff never knows when to expect you, you will be assured your dmom is well cared for, and you can have peace of mind.
Blessed is so right. You have done the right thing, and it is now becoming obvious that you did it at just the right time.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:22 pm

woohoo time to put that timer on again. :D

it has to be so hard, but as long as you are in and out/staff never knows when to expect you, you will be assured your dmom is well cared for, and you can have peace of mind.
ditto! from d lucy

again d twins (((()))))) you are doing the right thing. It is painful but you are a very very good daughter.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:31 pm

I weeded a patch in the back yard under the apple tree.

Mom fell again when she was home alone she able managed to get back up physical therapist was headed over there when dsis txted. Practicing hand lettering helps me to relieve stress and changes my focus gets it off of worrying.

Woohoot pay day yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Woohoo! We had a lovely visit with dd and her little family. Dgs was put into the car without being able to see which car it was. Dh opened the liftgate to put in the stroller and dgs caught sight of him and smiled and reached out for his grandfather so dh had a little thrill. I got lots of cuddles and smiles, especially since he was crying when he was handed to me.

Today is the 50th anniversary of McD's in Canada for hamburgers were 69 cents. Dd had tried two different locations with the grill down at one and the lineup way out the door at another before texting me to say their plans had changed. We picked them up from their car rental drop off and I picked a location with no offices or housing nearby. Sure enough, we had only a short wait for a parking spot, very little lineup to order and a place to sit. We even got a high chair. I was sure congratulate any staff I saw with how well they were doing with the crowds.

They are dropped at home. The balcony was done before I left as well as the laundry hung up to dry. I started load 2, so I'll put that in the dryer now and start load 3, plus start defrosting dinner.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:30 pm

so happy you had a lovely time

Return to “Post When You Can”