Woohoo it's Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Woohoo it's Wednesday!

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:32 pm

started to loose focus when I saw it was already so late.

all appointments made.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Saw Dr. late this morning. She was very pleased with my lab results. I'm still a bit mystified about one urinalysis showing albumin taking quite a spike. Not sure she addressed that one. If not, she'll be calling me, I'm sure. Age old, "You're not drinking enough". It sure seems like I am. Guess I'll have to measure out each morning and add in any other fluids I take in. My blood pressure however was through the roof. Nurse took it in right and it was 164/80, then the left -176/72. When Dr. took it later it had come down to 146/72. As long as all my readings have been excellent at rehab, she was content with that and didn't want to mess with changing my meds. So I'll keep it in close check.

Going to some special friends for dinner about 6.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:07 pm

I think (hope) I'm done with these forms for my sister. I know I'm done with the financial form. The "status" report seems kind of silly since I can't check off how many times I visited her and whether she was content and whether her living situation is at least average. And the other form, which is needed to release me from conservatorship sounds like a guardian ad litem must be assigned to "wrap up her estate" of which there is none.

Dh came home early - he had a dr appt and was done so he came on home.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Old machines are gone, new machines are installed. :D

I'm running a large load of towels through the washer first. I've been listening to all of the various sounds the new machine makes that are so different than the old one.

I chose machines with dials rather than buttons. Even so there are many, many more choices for types of laundry than those that were available on the old machines.

I am extremely grateful to be able to afford new machines and have them in my home.

I'm too tired to do much more work tonight. After I cook supper I'll probably watch some old Father Brown mysteries I've recorded from PBS.

Both the trash bin and recycle bin are stuffed full and they will go out to the curb tonight.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Thank you all so much for the bday wishes for dd19. (sigh) She drove and we had a wonderful visit with my dfirstmil who is 99 today. Dfirstsisil orchestrated it carefully - dmil saw us this morning and will see dfirstbil and wife this afternoon after a nap. No other visitors today, although others came yesterday, and she also rode along on a drive yesterday to her favorite restaurant where they picked up a "to-go" slice of carrot cake for her to bring home. She wasn't feeling quite so well today, but talked about making green juice for my dbil John. She evidently does this (with help) several times a week. She has 1/3, dfirstsisil has 1/3 and the remaining glass jar is saved as a gift meal for John.

Dd's grandmother went on and on about how pretty she is, of course - her constant comment. And they had some secrets to share. Birthday twins, they always say.

Dd dropped me by home to continue with the never-ending trail of laundry as we get ready for the move back to the dorm. Then she went out to buy a new set of sheets and a small microwave. The fridge/freezer she found for $100 on one of the Craig's List type sites is cooling just right, so we've unplugged it now to get ready for the move. So far, she's handled all the costs of back-to-school, but I don't think her funds are going to hold out through these more expensive books like they did last year, which is fine. All we ask is that she try. She's back now and fretting over what to wear for a birthday meal out with the young man. So far on her 3rd outfit tried on, lol.

Glad the appt mostly pleased the dr, Dee.

Nancy, I was sorry to read in Declutter thread that you had the continuing troubles with the leg and hope that's better.

Happy for you, BookSaver, that you've accomplished the w/d move-in. Dd37 has recommended Father Brown to me.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi everyone!

Kathryn did you hear about that church in Burlington? It is a Baptist church. One of the congregation stated that it isn't a time to get angry because of the graffiti, but a time to plan to rebuild. The walls are still standing and they have an active congregation of around 200 people.

I saw my accountant today. I won't lie. It was emotional. My accountant sure knows how to make phone calls and get things done. I am very grateful for him.

We had spaghetti for supper. I have so many cankers that I just want soft food.

Happy birthday to Harriet's dd!! Congrats on the new washer and dryer Booksaver!!

I read Trixie Beldon, but I haven't seen any in my book hunting in the past 3 years.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm sorry -- I think I missed wishing a happy birthday to Harriet's dd19! Happy happy birthday! :)

Very successful day -- all my tasks have been accomplished (as listed above.) There's plenty more today, but I am now cooking supper and will go to Bible study at 6:30.
Kinda iffy on Bible study. Preacher is starting a study on Revelations and I want to hear it.
OTOH-- preacher is much more liberal in his politics than I am, and he mixed in a little too much of that Sunday. So I'm afraid I'll be mad when I leave.
Ddil says if he starts that again, she is going to talk with him and tell him he really needs to leave his politics OUT of the pulpit.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Got the kinks worked out of my back & leg today woohoo!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Shutting down the computer now. Mostly packed except for underwear (that's in the bedroom so I'm not thinking about that room right now.

I need to go over my list but the bullet journal is in there too. I think I'm pushing myself to bed.

My sister called and talked for 30 minutes after I got back from NF's place. It was so good to see the girls again. Anyway I have a meeting with the school on the 29th so will see them again.

Good night!

I'll write again, probably from the road tomorrow.

Edited to add: my Sash purse arrived! So I have that to learn all about in the car.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:51 pm

Another long and busy day.

Since homeschool had several interruptions, we were still doing lessons at 6pm. We left the house at 3pm to go cook for the church meal. DH and I worked in the kitchen together filling all 3 ovens. While we cooked DS9 worked on his lessons. We really depend on the daily/hourly schedule to get things done in a timely manner. It took over twice as long today to get homeschool lessons accomplished because we were off schedule.

With Kathryn's words in my head, I have once again decided to try using a Bullet Journal. I am using a 3 ring binder because I'm too impatient to draw the lines over and over. So I hand drew the layout for weekly & daily on one page and then photo copied them. I forced myself to sit down with the Bullet Journal (no digital devices to distract me) and write out the schedule, meal plan, etc. IT DOES WORK well by eliminating distraction. I hope I can keep on doing it. My goal is to spend 10 minutes a day with BuJo.

DD has decided to take a day time job (instead of working nights as a bartender). She starts Monday as office manager for a local HVAC company ( the same one that "the guy" family owns). This means DGD6 will be here every week day. I will take her to/from school. I would be lying if I said I was thrilled about this. It takes at least 30 minutes away from home every day to deliver/pickup DGD6 from school. DD rented a house 1/2 mile from us and is moving this weekend. This will eliminate a 40 mile drive each day to bring DGD6 to our home.

The wedding in Vegas is a go again (DD and "the guy" made up). DD asked me to take care of DGD6 for 5 days while they are gone. At one point, DH and I considered going to the wedding, but there is NO WAY I'm taking 2 young kids to Vegas.

Reminding myself things could be MUCH MUCH WORSE and I need to count my blessings. I need to look at all the positives in these situations and not major on the minors.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”