Toot Your Horn Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Toot Your Horn Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:38 am

Literally or metaphorically - let's toot our horn today. There surely has to be at least one reason to sound off. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Toot Your Horn Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:46 am

DS9 joined me this morning on my 30 minute walk and 11 minute bike ride. He rode a scooter (foot powered) when I rode my bike so I adjusted my speed to match his. Because I slowed down the same route took 3 minutes longer which put me over 10 minutes. I am curious if the Fitbit will record the bike ride since it went over 10 minutes. I'll give it a bit to sync and then check it.

DGD6 called me this morning while I was riding the bike. She was on her way to school and wanted to chat. I'm not experienced enough bike rider to casually ride and talk on the phone. As soon as I confirmed she was okay then I got off the phone.

Today is a more relaxed day than the last couple of days. I like seeing time blocks empty and choices available.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 am

Me, me! I've got one. According to the scales this morning (and I'm fairly doubtful) I lost 4.2# since yesterday morning -into a brand new territory. Now if it will only stay there and keep going down.

Ate dinner with good friends last night. Dcampmanager called dh in the middle to see if he was in the park. Asked if he'd go to a certain site and maybe our host would go with him. She was pretty sure the police were being called and a couple of sites were being quite loud. Not sure what it was all about but ended with both parties leaving the campground to cool off. One said he was calling the sheriff. ???I was just glad dh wasn't going over there alone,

Dh took a lol down for me about half hour ago. Oops, it's time to switch it to a dryer. Off I go>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:49 am

Toot toot!

We got off 12 minutes before my deadline!

Just checked border wait times and are heading to the busier crossing because it is freeway the whole way instead of picturesque back roads.

I'm loading my new purse. So far it holds everything my old one did plus a little more. But the passport pocket won't take my passport in its RFID safety envelope.

And I think it should have a key ring inside.

Lovely weather for our drive. Two great lakes to visit today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 am

I'll toot my horn because I'm making progress at finishing up with dsis' "conservator" reports. I'm going to take reports to little county seat nearby this morning to turn in, and for advice on the "Final" form. This afternoon I'll pick up dbro and take him to see dmom. This is going to be a challenging day, but I'd rather do it all today if I can and have a break tomorrow.

And I'm off.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

cheering and tooting - to all of you - you are doing great!!!

Sorry I haven't been able to read how everyone has been these last couple days - but I am thinking of each and everyone of you during the day!!!

ended up with sleeping 2 hours with aches and pains and head pressure but much better today.

A new day!!!

today is laundry day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 am

Enjoy the trip, Kathryn. Sounds like you must be crossing over Canada into US further west? 'Cause I know the NYS Thruway is not "free". :D

Have lol done, folded and put away. Always a reason to toot my own horn when that's done. Dh wanted to put in a colored load but there's really only about a half load so I'll wait a couple of days for that one.

DGS12 spared a year off me (too bad it's not pounds). Took the laundry basket to back of my cart and was carrying the folded outside wear. When I came back to get in the front there he sat and I never saw him before that. Helped me bring in the laundry so that was nice. Ate some breakfast and then he was off to friends across the way. Actually he's helping the Dad put up a gazebo today. That's good for him. Of course there's a bit of a female interest there too. :lol:

Have to take dgs to the dentist in Spencerport today. That's ok as I'll just skip downtown there to get gas. It's cheaper there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:43 am

Toot toot!
S2S before 8:30!
No make-up though.
Dh is going to college town so dgd and I have the house to ourselves for awhile.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:09 am

Watching Mary Poppins with dgd. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Toot toot ~ I did ladder work I got the apples out of the tree and picked them up off the ground for the hens. Thinned a few plums for them as well. SO glad to have that done yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”