FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:18 am

Shall we do five minute Friday again? If a job takes five minutes or less, just do it! No putting it off until one "has time."

Or use the five minutes for a "Fling" as Kathryn suggested last week and declutter as you go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 am

I am feeling almost comatose after my busy day yesterday, but I must at least get things straightened up for dcleaning lady this morning. I have a couple of things to follow up on from the trip to the small county probate court too.

Dh has an event out tonight so I have a quiet evening at home. Tomorrow he and ds are going to ATL to see a Braves game, so I'm looking forward to some quiet time.

DD is on my last nerve again. The auto place recommended $400 of needed maintenance on her car, which we own. She says she can't afford it, yet has enough in her bank account to cover it ten times over. She also cooled on the moving out to an apartment. We want her to take care of the car. She was also rude to me last night to the point I just went to bed to get away from her. I was ready to start moving her c--p out on the driveway because I was just so crazy angry at her. Hoping for a better day, and that she just stays away from me for now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 am

Oh dear, Twins, is all I can say. Hope today is better for sure.

I got up around 11 and felt not so great. Took BS and it was only 48 -dangerously low! Have no idea why. I took only the 1/2 glipizide as I've been directed. See what happens tonight. Had chili for dinner. I quickly ate a K londike bar in the night and BS was still only 54 this morning????? Will see what it is when I get to rehab today -have to check before and after exercise there. Have another camper meeting me there this morning so I can give her the eye cup to administer eye drops. She's having surgery Monday and has been practicing giving herself drops to no avail.

Having dinner Saturday with same friends we had dinner with on Wednesday. He cooked pizza on the grill Wed. and it was yummy. Saturday he's smoking meat loaf and mac 'n cheese. Although I think thunderstorms are predicted for that day -we'll see. Speaking of which, most of that rain missed us yesterday, Kathryn. But a little after 11 last night we had a gully washer. Glad your ds wasn't injured in this episode btw. I kind of think you may have been around Erie, PA when you stopped? Hoping you don't run into traffic jams (already?) like Lady M was speaking of. Get your feet wet last night per chance? ;)

Have to stop and get batteries for our scale somewhere today. Yesterday dh mentioned it didn't come on at all, then it did. When I weighed it had me losing 4# since the day before -I was ecstatic. Today, not so much -had me up by over 5#. So took the battery out and put it back in and now it just says "err". So I will try a new one.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:20 am

A short night. DS9 sleep walked again which meant I had a hard time returning to sleep ARGH! Just when I think he won't do it anymore and start relaxing. I had quit setting the hallway alarm before going to bed. It would have been useful last night if I had some heads-up that DS9 was on the move. I didn't know DS9 was up and wandering around until he tapped me on the shoulder around 2am. I asked what he needed and he just stood there beside the bed looking at me but not answering. I asked again and he handed me the TV remote that DH uses then started walking off. I knew immediately that he was sleep walking. I got him into bed with us then went to check the house. Every light was turned on in 6 rooms. The garage door light was on so but it was shut. I checked my phone to see if the door had been raised (the opener is connected to wifi), but thankfully it hadn't. It is un-nerving to have DS9 walking around at night without his knowledge. I asked him this morning about it and he didn't remember anything.

My bike ride this morning was increased itty bitty more to 1.4 miles at average speed of 8.3mph. Then I walked the neighborhood for 30 minutes. I am enjoying this early morning time. I hope I remember that and don't let other things crowd it out.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:24 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread, Twins'Mom.

My 5x5:
* laundry AT HOME! 8-)
* catch up dishes
* inventory pantry & freezer
* shop for groceries
* shop for shoes

I realized that my walking shoes are at least 3 years old and that would be a big reason why my feet and knees hurt so much after my shifts at the library. My job involves 6-8 hours either standing behind the service counter or walking around putting things away, with one 5-minute restroom break and (if we aren't busy) a 15- to 20-minute snack break. Other than those 2 short breaks, I don't sit down at all for the entire shift.

I bought both pair of walking shoes at the same time. I rotate between the walking shoes and 2 pair of loafers so I never wear the same shoes 2 days in a row. Nevertheless, after 3 years the white Easy Spirits are showing their age and I don't feel like they're providing enough arch support and bounce in the heels.

I'll only have time to go to 1 shoe store today. I've had good luck finding shoes there in the past, but I don't remember if I've gone there during back-to-school season before.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 am

I slept in till 6:30 woke up by txt. from dsis details in j & c. It went well with kiddos here last nite. The blankets wre a hit!

Update coming... mom is in hosp. for the weekend.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:15 am

The GPS is being returned
It stopped giving destination time yesterday..

Now it won't navigate us to the next stop on our trip. We stopped for gas and got it saying the right destination and time and pulled on to the highway and it reset to trying to take us somewhere else but isn't saying where. We'll get there at 9:55. It is 10:11 now. Even adding a stop just before didn't work.

I have data but it is expensive and will likely not work on eclipse day since cell towers will be overwhelmed. Sigh.

Oh and all electronics were not charged last night because the wall switch apparently controlled the outlets my computer and phone were plugged into. I was to charge my tablet in the car but instead my phone is.

Will cuop and reconnect later.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:46 am

I need to do some 5-minutes around here. I did 30 outside. DH has trimmed the mulberry tree with his limb trimmer on the long pole (non-power, operates with a rope to pull) and the side yard was filled with very long limbs all around. I picked them all up and snapped in half and packed all in the garden cart piled high, ready to dump somewhere.

Dee, as hard as eye drops are to do, ear drops are even worse. Mine are Rx and I can't see or really feel to count the drops. I try hard and hope I'm getting the right amounts in. Blek! DH isn't around to do them and at night I have to do them slowly and let one side absorb before turning to the other...annoyingly long process.

LadyM, hope DS outgrows his sleepwalking. DD used to do that but she either went a dozen steps and curled up on the floor to go back to sleep or she'd make it to my bed and I'd sense something and wake up to her beside our bed. She was 5 or 6 and outgrew it in a year or so.

Booksaver, would a memory foam insole help with your shoes? I got the foam heel pads for 2 shoes that felt a bit hard and that extended my shoes years.

I think the eclipse stuff is just nuts. They had a thing on TV about how much everybody's prices went up in the viewing areas. A thousand more for a room, etc. When we have a hurricane there are laws that people are not allowed to do that. This isn't considered an emergency so everyone is busy making a mint over it.

I had phone call from DGS this morning. We talked while he was driving the last hour to his apartment. DD had worked all night and was sleeping beside him, loaded van with Dad and 2 brothers behind. I'm so touched that he's kept us in the loop with all this. They had utilities turned on and furniture was being delivered and he had key to pick up. I'm sure after he gets settled and busy I'll hear from him less. But maybe not, he's thoughtful like that.

I have 1 bathroom to clean and 2 porches to sweep. BBL

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi!

Not a very busy day here on the boards.

My island is clear and clean. All of my dishes are clean and put away. My bed is made. The toilet even got cleaned on the inside.

Who is this woman and what did she do to CathyS? ~sigh~ I'm just waiting for the "senior technician" to get here. To be fair, it isn't 5 p.m. yet.

Library is even getting straightened. I did some stitching. I am still waiting...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Just a thought, Kathryn. Try the WAZE app for your phone. Works great for us. Not sure with your US/CA phone.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”