SHHHH! SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SHHHH! SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:02 am

Harriet's resting. She more than deserves it! (See Friday) I never could have done it, Harriet!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: SHHHH! SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:06 am

Had to read your whole post to dh, Harriet. You deserve any rest you can get today. Hope Tobias is doing better today.

Got up in the middle of the night with about everything hurting. At least I didn't have low BS. It's 80 this morning -acceptable. Temperature and humidity are more manageable this morning too.

Have to get my hair washed pronto -it's a mess. Dh is enjoying his breakfast -I'll have mine and meds after I do my hair. Off to do that and the rest of my morning routine. I'm so thankful for routines btw.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:37 am

I'm back from a 12-minute 1.6-mile bike ride and then a 24-minute walk. I am slowly refocusing my effort on # of minutes of non-stop exercise instead of # of steps. I am doing 4 types of exercises most days and 3 of the exercises don't report steps. I still want to track steps because it motivates me to not be a slug the rest of the day.

I'm taking DS9 and meeting DGS21 this morning for a guided hike at the refuge. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:01 am

I need to do something like that, LadyM. My rehab exercise doesn't track that many steps either. I'll have to look and see if it shows steps when I'm on the 'nustep' or recumbent bike. Know it counts them while I do my walking (NOT on a treadmill). Imagine I'll be going to rehab until I leave for FL in November. Want to be sure I have a good description of machines I'm on and at what level before we leave. Would like to be able to keep on with S ilver S neakers once I'm down there.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 am

Working away at my 'project for the day' -cleaning out the bottom of my closet. Things were just haphazardly piled in there. Took out a small bookcase I had in there (decided it was really using up too much space). Put that in the living area -not sure about it yet, but it'll stay where it is for a while at least. I liked the idea that I think LadyM gave the other day -that of a 'project completed before bedtime'. That word works better for me than 'focus' for some reason. Think the next projects will be the bank of cupboards along the front of our RV. There are 3 sets (double doors). I would guess that I absolutely need to take everything out and start over. Want one of those cupboards to be an 'office cupboard' for files, etc.

Taking a short break before I head back in there.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 am

tip toeing so our sweet harriet can rest.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:10 am

Yesterday was an interesting day. skip over this as it is boring but I am just clearing my mind to start my day. It's an all about me moment :shock: 8-)

I had to take d mom for a portrait downtown - our day

CON - turns out the girl who made my d mom's portrait appointment told me the 18th (I always repeat as I was a receptionist/secretary and I learned early to verify back dates and times) but it was actually September 1 (both are Fridays so I understand the mistake but I dislike when they try to say the customer is at fault even though I repeated the same info and had my calendar in front of me and wrote it down - I even asked her if she was sure because it was so early to get the picture - I learned to have it in writing on the other side from now on - on a text or an email.)

PLUS - it was a beautiful day and we had a lovely lunch by the lake front watching the blue angels practicing overhead.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/85709199141969953/

CON - on the way into downtown on Ohio Street we were pulling up to a light and her a huge bang against our car - a woman in a parked pulled out onto the street and pushed a messenger biker into our car. He was very shaken but no broken bones. The woman was in shock and he was in shock but everyone relaxed and his fear and temper went down before the police woman came.

PROS - I am glad it had been us - he was so angry of course and the woman was so apologetic - she didn't see him (they move fast in the city) Both were in their early thirties. I was able to help them so they got all the information they needed from each other.

CONS it took an 1-1/2 hours and we missed the time for the photo session we thought we had

PROS there wasn't a photo shoot after all lol :lol: ;) - so we sat at the lake front having lunch and watching the planes go by.
we drove home via lake shore drive (I had to stop and get some wine for d friends as a thank you) - we were able to see all the people along the lake and in front of us (on the road) I looked up and the blue angels split in formation - beautiful.

CONS: mom got a hernia - she had put it off and yesterday it decided to make an entrance.

No Pro on that one except we ended up having a good day over all. Funny how things work out.

wishing all of you a PRO DAY : hope it is filled with wonder and joy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:06 pm

rock drop done breakfast is over 2 boys will be here soon.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Where OH Where are K&K? Hope all is well and they are having a great trip.

Home from a 2 hour hike to the top of Baldy Mountain. It was perfect for my physical abilities. It was a challenge but didn't overwhelm me. My legs have a good ache going on now. Not painful but the muscles are letting me know they have had enough for a bit.

We stopped and ate Subway Sandwich on the way home. It was a very good way to spend a Saturday morning. Both boys requested that we do another hike next Saturday.

I'm giving myself an hour with feet up. I'm going to play with bullet journal (paper & digital) while giving my leg muscles a rest.

Note to self..... I REALLY need to go clothes shopping and stop procrastinating on it. My pants kept sliding down over my hips during the hike. I was wearing a backpack which made it worse. the backpack was pushing my pants down and they don't need any help!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:54 pm

No time to post but wanted to say we should be to Lincoln by 6. Traffic is getting heavy but still at speed.

Long day with disappointments yesterday. Today my camera failed 3 times. Dh left his at home. So I feel we should by another. Mine is 9 years old so owes me nothing. Technology seldom lasts that long.

Return to “Post When You Can”