Monday Eclipse

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Monday Eclipse

Postby lucylee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:17 am

Disclaimer -- This may not be a great way to approach the obvious topic for the day, but I am trying to find inspiration in the extraordinary happening in the sky.

ECLIPSE : to be or do much better than : outshine -- The racer's time eclipsed the old record.

I've been studying definitions of eclipse, and most of them seem to be negative... and if you start looking for mental effects of an eclipse, they seem to be negative (if at all) also. BUT... I did find the above definition, and that is my goal for today.

I absolutely MUST get my act together and ECLIPSE my old patterns of behavior around here.
All month long, my check list has been "checked" for Monday... and Tuesday... and then -- NOTHING.
My exercise routines fall apart by mid-week, I don't keep up with ANY of my daily tasks, not to mention weekly/monthly/zone... NOTHING.
I have just been falling completely into nothing-ness ALL MONTH LONG.

That HAS TO STOP. TODAY.

So I will use the eclipse as an inspiration. If the moon can do something so out-of-the-ordinary, so can I.

Does anyone else need to "do better" in some area you've been struggling with?

Hope y'all have a great day! Be safe looking at the sun!

* And if y'all don't like this starting point for the eclipse theme, be my guest to just incorporate it into someone else's thread. I realize I'm sorta grasping at straws here... I've just got to record my GOAL and let y'all try to keep my feet to the fire.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday Eclipse

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:37 am

And the sun will 'eclipse' the moon and win out in the end today.

I'm up and s2s. Now on to meds and breakfast. And I'm OFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:38 am

It sounds like a good day to start a revised morning routine.

waving to all hoping for eclipse viewing today.
waving to all not hoping for eclipse viewing.
take care.

hugs and prayers to you and your families.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 am

We are leaving the house in approx 30 min, allowing us several hours to go about 75 miles. Totality there will be a little more two minutes, with the peak around 2:30 p.m. If traffic is too heavy we'll stop before we get there. We have about 30 miles to get to the edge. Packing snacks, lunch water, etc.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:43 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Lucylee. I like your opening!

Harriet ~ I'm so glad Tobias is feeling better. Taking care of gc today may postpone your errand, but you will be able to be sure their eyes are safe during the eclipse.

Kathryn ~ If I'd cuop earlier to know that you were driving through Iowa ... well, it probably wouldn't have changed anything because I couldn't have come to meet you since I was at work. I would have invited you to visit my library, although it would have been a major sidetrack on your I80 route straight across the state. I've been to the World's Largest Truck Stop a few times when driving to and from Chicago and yes, it is an interesting place.

Hi, Lynlee. :)

I had hoped to view the unusual shadows during the eclipse, but we currently are having some much-needed rain and the forecast shows heavy clouds all day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:45 am

Good luck and good weather and good traffic to all traveling to view the eclipse. Hopefully we'll be in dh's eye doctor's about that time. Maybe I'll be able to watch on tv or computer later. Tomorrow I have rehab and then tomorrow evening we have to take our car in to the dealership for a new wheel bearing and carrier bearing. Almost hoping I can get a 'loaner' since some of it is warranty work.

Off again to breakfast.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 am

My morning has been smooth so far. A tiny bit of drama when DS9 and DGD6 got into an argument. It was quickly halted, discussed from both sides and they both decided to apologize and hug.

I am so very thrilled that I finally learned how to use Fitbit to record bike ride. I could not find the Fitbit setting so I have been using a 3rd party app...... using MapMyRide to report to MFP then MFP to report the bike ride to Fitbit. When I finally realized how to do it on Fitbit, it was SO SIMPLE. Fitbit gives more information about the bike ride than MapMyRide so this is a win-win. I'm deleting MayMyRide app since I don't need it anymore. I feel a little foolish for making it so hard when it is soo simple, but it is what it is. All's well that ends well.

I did my early morning bike & walk. DGD6 has been delivered to the school. DS9 is working on his 2nd Math lesson for the day. I have my BuJo plan for the day printed so I can mark it up.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am

Hi everyone!!

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here inside and out! Not a cloud in the sky and a very slight wind. Inside conditions continue to improve on a daily basis. All clean laundry is away, with 3 things in the basket. Last week I downsized from a large hamper on wheels to a regular rectangular basket. I think the hamper will go live out in the garage. All dishes are clean and put away. Blanket on couch is folded nicely. I sprayed fabreeze on the couch, dh's side of the mattress and the shower curtain. The cat was already sleeping in the library when I did this.

Island has 4 empty fruit baskets on it along with the onions and cabbage. All garbage and recycling is either in recycling container outside or in a large green garbage bag.

I have been seeing way too many pictures on FBook that show nasty pictures of hoarders and just really messy, messy kitchens on UNF...YourHabitat site. It's been pushing me to make my home tidier. I still need to sweep the floors.

I decided earlier that I will try my best to stay home all day and work on paperwork.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 am

LucyLee - IMHO you need to focus on all the things that you DO each day instead of beating yourself up. Every single day you take care of your DH. Every single day you are there to support your DS and his family. Every single day you are there for your DMom. etc. etc. etc.
If you want to start doing something else every day then pick something itty bitty that you KNOW you can do every day. Success breeds success.

example - If you want to start exercising then decide you will do the beginning step. Lace up your exercise shoes each day and take one step. You don't have to do anything else and you KNOW you can lace those shoes up each day and take ONE step. Even if you immediately sit back down and take the shoes off, you can mark it a success.

I have started running using this method. I only have to jog 10 steps to be a success. I may stay with 10 steps or add more in the future. I haven't decided yet. However, for now those 10 steps are powerful. It is a good feeling to know that I'm meeting my goal.....even though it is an itty bitty teeny tiny goal. I love the feeling of accomplishment those simple 10 steps give me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 am

Ditto, what LadyM said, LucyLee. You are really doing all you can do right now. You're way ahead of most of us in all the care taking you do. That's much more taxing than any housework we accomplish!

Just did an online chat with our bank to find out how to change the address for our auto payment for health insurance. So that's out of the way. That was my "project" for today. So I guess I better name a second project. I do like 'project' rather than 'focus', LadyM. Puts a whole different mind set on it.

Return to “Post When You Can”