Whacky Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Whacky Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:52 am

Whacky Wed. with the news I got this week thought it was a great title for today. What sort of antics are you up to during this one of a kind week? I am up early shift begins in a few minutes for me.

Harriet

Re: Whacky Wed.

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:41 am

Hi, Nancy. My day began earlier than usual with phone calls. Also dGardeningCousin is coming over this morning with okra, but I don't know when so just best to be up and at-'em.

I spent some early moments out cleaning off our front steps, where little weeds have tried to take hold.
Realized I need another good, stiff broom. Mine has... ... wandered off?

Growth/sophistication story one
Of course it was yesterday that I had errands to both home improvement place and grocery where I could have purchased a broom. Sigh. And HRH with me to do it. We are looking for an over-toilet free-standing wooden storage unit because dstepson and ddil got one and it it so attractive. Interestingly, home improvement place doesn't "show" them any more, just has them for order from net. The store is full of only high-end cabinetry for very fine homes/kitchens and barely even has any upper cabinetry for the bathroom at all. I suppose putting a cabinet over a toilet is no longer posh?

Growth/sophistication story two
Was going to tell that HRH and I went to book store, grocery, home imp store and pharmacy 1, which are, say, an average of a quarter-century-old stores. We saw not one person we knew. Oh, also the bank - bank is important to mention, because HRH told a Kudzu joke to the group of idle tellers and banker ... ... and nobody got it. I was actually standing there, explaining Kudzu, "you know... .. Kudzu? It's a Japanese vine.... .. up in the air?" Blank faces. How can you live here and not know Kudzu, which covers landscapes and is the bane of the existence of many? And that it's the butt of so many jokes? Sigh. It's a transient world.

About topic of media/information/keeping up that Kathryn posted last evening
Ummmmm.... for one thing, I'll echo the "heaven" comment from earlier. ;) For another, though, many people who used to listen to the news regularly have quit. I myself will sometimes race to the tv, not because I realize it's time for some news program (which once would have been the case), but to change the station to avoid a news program - self preservation.

Friends want to come this weekend. That should light a Wacky fire under me, perhaps.
Laundry already spinning.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:04 am

Another full day. I have my eyes on Friday because it has a couple free hours....welll sorta. I'm still taking care of 2 kids.

I think the people on the coasts have no understanding what life is like outside of major centres and that what they obsess about is of little interest to those who care more about the cost of feed corn, gasoline, and milk. And whose idea of a 'downtime' is to read a book, watch a sunset, go for a ride, or head out for a beer with friends. Not spend his time looking at a screen.

I agree with you Kathryn except for the part of limiting what people think about. We don't only care about just the cost of items (corn, gas, milk). I watch the people on the coast make assumptions about us and that what they care about is the ONLY important thing. The people on the coast control 99% of the major news stations. I have no confidence in their biased views & opinions that they give as if it was the truth so I very rarely watch them. This isn't anything new because for years they have referred to the areas in the middle of the US as the "fly over" states as if we don't matter. They have little understanding of what is important to the entire US. The lack of respect is appalling to me. On both sides. I recently saw a post "One side has 8 trillion bullets. The other doesn't know which bathroom to use" I truly hope this lack of respect and division doesn't end in another civil war. Our country is based on freedom for ALL.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:34 am

This morning I found a post from last night for which I never hit "Submit." Bottom line was that I worked until almost 11 p.m. on ProGen assignment but I'm making progress. :shock: I had signed up for an 8 p.m. webinar but I was on a roll and wanted to keep going, especially since the house was quiet.

Today I have a bunch of errands, including body work at 11:30 (my back is much better, BTW), groceries and other stuff. I've already walked ddog and got recycling out to the street and continued with laundry.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:35 am

Didn't get up very early. Heard dh in the bathroom and I must have dozed back off until nearly 8:45. :shock: Dh took a load of laundry down for me earlier. I have to go get from the dryer twin and fold in a few minutes. But I'm walking as he has the golf cart and our car is at the dealer's to have a wheel bearing and carrier bearing replaced. I'll leave the basket of laundry for him to pick up when he comes back through. Meantime I need to get busy.

Oy vey! DD just texted that L owe's just called to say that the mill goofed and didn't send enough carpet. So they're going to order something different for our bedroom. No charge but not sure if they're still charging the original price. Carpet layers aren't to her house yet. So this will mean her needing to be there a second day for the installers to come back.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:43 am

Quick post before heading off for the day. We have shopping to do before leaving the US later this afternoon. Only 4.5 hours of driving time today and after endless flat fields yesterday, it will be forests today as we cut across Northern Minnesota.

Slept really well because the low last night was 46 and the windows open here. Best sleep in over a week, possibly 2 since I wasn't sleeping well before we left home.

Today is day 7 on the road.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 am

Safe travels, Kathryn.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 am

I feel like my whole life has been wacky recently.

But moving on... I've been working on those loan papers for customer. Hud laws are awful and complicated. I got the papers back from engineer, who had to move the well per hud laws...state of florida laws not good enough I guess. Customer says but but but...to me and I had to say it's their laws we aren't going to get anywhere without complying. Tried to send a bunch of emails. None successful so far. Are we ever going to get this project started?

Must take it easy today. Everything (mostly) that we do is up on our feet. Cleaning up the kitchen, etc. etc. It is getting pretty wacky around here. Really messy. I do a lot of walking around tidying, but not doing that currently. Oh well...

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Continuing the 'wacky' carpet fiasco. DD took the day off work. Seems the installer was on the way to rip/lay carpet. L owes called them to report the mix up on dd's order. Because of some legalities they have to do it all in one day. Evidently L's had tried to contact dd via their old house phone. She's repeatedly given her new #. So! No carpet today & they have to have enough to our bedroom as well. Customer service says they will compensate. DD has told them she'd like the other two rooms carpeted -no cost. They will talk to the manager. These 2 rooms are smaller -1 used to be T's bedroom & the other the office. They planned to do them later as they could afford it -but free is good. Told her it'll be at least mid-September -now that their house is completely torn apart. Dsonil let them know "nicely" they are not happy.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Taking a break for lunch. Math & English are finished for the day. Reading has another 16 minutes to do. Plus an hour on Science and Social Studies. I want to get those all finished before picking up DGD6 from school.

After getting DGD6 from school we will go pick up 12 ft of Sub's from WM for tonight meal at church. Then to church to make other dishes, drinks and general set up. I'll do homework with DGD6 while traveling.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”