Whacky Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Whacky Wed.

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Boring day in the car.

Dh said he'll drive both segments. Another 30 minutes to our first break, the last Culver's of the trip and the Paul Bunyan statue and a short walk around the town.

My phone just warned me I've used half my data plan. That's OK, only a few more hours in the US.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Well I have not posted since last Wednesday morning and have not been able to keep up or catch up on posts, so will just dive in.

Last Wednesday am, dhs dcousin and her dh met us at the hospital. We had a nice visit. Her dm and dsis were suppose to come that afternoon and were no-shows. They did call that evening with an excuse.

Dh and I were in and out of the hospital all day on Wednesday as dgd21 was in the family care wing. She was responsible for taking care of her baby. The nurses still ran in and out checking things. We took dgd21 supper that evening. Then we went back to the Airbnb house. We had to be out by 11:30 am on Thursday. I had dgds things close to the door and organized. I packed as much of our stuff as possible and left out of our bags what we needed.

Thursday morning I was up early and started loading our Jeep. The back was packed and half the back seat was also. Dh and I went to the hospital to pick up dgd for her 2 week dr. appt. He dropped us off and went back to the house. Once dd2 and dgds dboyf, got there, dh and him loaded dd2s big SUV with dgds things. After the appt., dgd and I just walked back to the hospital, since it was a block away. The dr. thought she was doing so well that she told her to just go to her dr. here for the 6 week check-up.

Dgd had been told before we went to her appt, that she could for sure leave that day if she could get dggs an appt with the pediatrician she planned to use, locally. She called and was able to get him in the next am at 9. Dggs left the hospital at 3 lb. 11 oz. The dr. assured her that he was healthy just needed to gain weight and wanted her to get home and let his pediatrician see him and come up with a weight gaining plan. The Wichita dr. said that his local dr. should circumcise him when he is a little bigger. Wrong, the local dr. will not do it after 1 week regardless of weight. So now she will have to see an urologist to do it. Dgd will take him to the breast feeding clinic on Tuesdays and Thursday to have him weighed. He weighed 3 lb. 12 oz at the dr. on Friday. Yesterday he weighed 4 lb. 4 oz. We were all hoping for an oz. a day and instead he gained an average of 2 oz. a day. He is now 20 days old.

Dh had quit smoking on August 7, the day we went to Wichita. He did great until last Thursday. He got in a grumpy mood once dd2 arrived in Wichita. Dh wanted us to eat lunch and head home. Dd2 was insistent that we stay until it seriously looked like they were being released. Finally, at 3:40 things were moving along and close to dismissal. Dd2 still thought we should stay. I finally told her that if for some reason, they didn't go ahead and release them, we would turn around and head back. Otherwise, we wanted to avoid the Wichita rush hour traffic. They left at 5:00 and didn't get home until 11 pm. Granted they had to stop so the baby could be fed and dgd needed to pump. He is being bottle fed her breast milk until he is gaining.

Friday I had to buy groceries early because I was watching dgds6&7. Saturday I walked twice, mowed and finished the 3rd book that I had read while out of town. Sunday I finally started laundry. Monday and Tuesday I kept both girls. Last night I had to pick up dgs13 from football practice and pick him up something to eat. Dgs11 was at my house and I had to take him to football practice at 6 and pick him up at 7:30. Dsil had picked up the girls so they could shower and let their hair dry. Last night was their school open house. Dd2 dropped dgs11 off here and headed home to change clothes and do the girls hair. After their 6:30 to 7:30 open house, their dad took them home so they could get to bed. Dd2 came to town to pick up the boys. She left here at 8 and still needed to pick up something for dgs11, her dh, her and I am sure some more for a growing dgs13 to eat.

Today my dh is heading to Kansas City for a yearly check up with his surgeon. He'll spend tonight up there and head home tomorrow after his appt.

I stayed home to be available in case dgd needs help. I also need to clean this house. Some of the stuff is where I dropped or sat it when we came home 6 days ago. The little girls started school today, so maybe I can get something done around here because it needs it.

That is my last week in a nutshell. Sure have missed my village friends.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:15 pm

I got my errands in, except for going to drugstore for eye drops, which I didn't write down. I also went and got the car washed while out.

When I got home I unloaded groceries and put away perishables, then made myself a late lunch. I'm giving myself 45 min to the TOTH, then need to get busy again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Sitting here wondering when dealership will call to say our car is done/ready. Our neighbor plans to take dh down to pick it up. Hoping that it's actually ready today. :?

DGS12 is our running his remote truck up and down the road. Good time to do it, very little if any traffic.

Editing: Dh just called me to say he just got a call from dealer and our car is ready. Only 13 minutes past my wondering. He's taking dgs back to his camper right now and then is coming over to get our neighbor and go pick up the car. Hopefully we won't hear any more noise from it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Lilac, thank you for the update! So glad to hear about the weight gain. Sounds healthy.

Ohmigoodness, I have a giant bag of okra. :lol: What on earth am I going to do with it all? DGardeningCousin gave me a baked-okra recipe that's very simple and I do want to try. Definitely should give some of this away to the sons, though. He has so much because a large church usually takes a lot of produce from him but are not doing their annual events this year - meals and bazaar with canned goods. He says they are not having it easy financially and changed plans. I guess the truth about the fund-raising events was that they were good for the community but were not money-making. Odd, since most things like that don't have the money going to the church anyway, but to groups.

Also a huge watermelon that is so tasty, plus some tomatoes.

He wanted to talk about his blood work numbers, and we sat and picked each other's brains about healthy foods, recipes and ideas. He ate raw okra while we talked, lol.

He remembered something from childhood in which a group of us played together. It is a sweet memory and I don't want to spoil it for him, but I have no recollection of it at all! It's possible it just imprinted for him more than for me.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Taking a break...

So far today I have...
* tried on fall clothes for my upcoming trip
* handled and then put items in a mailing bag to send
* washed all the shutters in the house
* washed, dried, and put away four loads of laundry
* mopped all the floors
* totally and thoughly cleaned the kitchen. Got down on hands to clean crumbs on the
floor boards
* washed and dried two loads of scattered rugs
* hung one hand washed laundry outside to dry
* ironed 4 sets of place mats

And now am getting ready to make a quick grocery run. Want to make a shrimp
Quiche for dinner tonight.

Phew, no wonder I need a break. Off again before I run out of steam.. oh a purchased a old time camp type coffee pot. Newer coffee makers are nice, but I have a hankering for the old stuff. I miss the smell of coffee brewing on the stove.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:57 pm

I worked for a bit and decided to play. I've been pretty productive today.
-massage aka body work
-laundry, folded and put away, nothing in progress
-a.m. routine and dailies done
-watered plants
-got the car washed
-went to Ulta for shampoo
-picked up ddog's script and dog food at vet's office
-got groceries, put away
-made chicken salad
-worked on a private "mirror tree" on Ancestry and attached my DNA to it - this is a technique that is supposed to use Ancestry's algorithms to help identify a common ancestor. I think that these people must intersect with me in Bradley or Polk Co TN. I've always felt that my ID of one of my ancestors there was shaky, just trying to fit these together somehow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Lilac, thanks for telling us what's been going on. I'm glad the baby is doing well.

Dee, nice to have the car back I'm sure. We got ours back Monday evening. Friend lives out in the boonies and when he got parts closer to where he works and they didn't fit, it would be another day till he could get more, so this took a very long while. 3 weeks without the car. I was losing my patience. But friend didn't charge us enough labor, we thought, so we added some to our check. One day he even took the car to his work because they let him put it up on the lift to do the radiator work. It's running nicely now.

So, I did get some things put away in the kitchen and 1 slow trip to the mailbox. Didn't catch the mail lady, though, so DH brought the checks back in for me. It's a long walk out there.

I can get around but slowly. My left knee is very sore. I did sit and ice it this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:36 am

Another whacky turn of events ci update in j & c.

The school across the river started today.

Return to “Post When You Can”