Thursday Travel

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday Travel

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:06 pm

RR - I know NOTHING about iPhones so these suggestions might be worthless -
** Clear your cookies
** try coming here from a different path. Does using this link make a difference? http://bb.shesorganized.org/search.php?search_id=active_topics
** Maybe try a different browser?

DGD6 has no homework tonight since there isn't school on Friday's. The kids are playing well together. Nice!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:28 pm

hi d lady sounds painful and necessary at the same time. yay on bike ride!

yay d Kathryn!

Yay on the cupboards d dee!

even donations done d nancy yay!

hello to all.

I fell into a rabbit hole by looking on decorating sites.

vacuumed and dusted laundry room
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 pm

I saw this link to an old P&P video posted on Pam's FB page. It brought back such good memories.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Someone suggested looking on U tube for help with I phones.

Good news got a letter I have been excused from jury duty yea.
Had a nap.
Dinner is done.
Winds have blown the smoke out of the valley yea!
Stay safe all in the path of the hurricane.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:10 pm

LOL, LadyM!!!
Thanks for sharing that link.

Back to ironing...
we took a side trip at dh's request -- second drug store, filled up the car, went ahead and ate supper, now I'm back on the mountain.

Forgot to hit Submit --
Halfway done!
Maybe I should say I've reached the TOP of Mt Ironerest. After all, those people who reach the top still have to come down, don't they? At any rate, no helicopter is coming to get me out of this... so -- ONWARD!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:21 pm

rebuilding morning and before bed routines here and its working - touch wood.
load of washing is doing its thing.
I've been thinking of tiny habit ways to get some extras done.
Thanks to LM all those years ago for those tips.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:29 pm

15 meals of beef steak in the freezer
14 meals of chicken stock, multiple vegetables & barley soup in the freezer
4 servings of cottage cheese fluff in the refrigerator. There would have been 5.5 servings but I'm currently eating the 1.5 servings.
I'm finished working in the kitchen and ready to put my feet up for a bit.

DH is having some mild discomfort with the biopsy site. The places they froze on both of us are thankfully totally pain-free.

DH said he is going to go talk to some people tomorrow about getting another overhead door installed on the shop. He said he would take DS9 and DGD6 with him giving me several hours all alone. I'm going to try and make myself go clothes shopping. I am motivated to do it because I want to go hiking on Saturday and really don't want my pants falling down. :oops:

I miss Helia and Elizabeth posting.
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:37 pm

LadyM -- WOW -- I'm getting a little suspicious, though. I'm thinking you may be The Pioneer Lady incognito. ;) I don't watch her or know much about her, but my Superwoman cousin loves her, so she must be a pretty good role model!

I have scaled Mt Ironerest and returned to tell about it! Hooray!
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 pm

I wanted to share with y'all something I've been doing for the last few days..
I usually hand wash my dishes, mostly because I clean as I go and I tend to use the same steamer and such each night. So that means I don't have enough dishes to run my dishwasher.

My stainless steel utensils are almost 20 years old. I bought the good stuff back then thinking it should last forever. Over the past few months I noticed they weren't getting clean without a lot of washing effort... to the point I was thinking of buy new.

However every once in a while when I do use the dish washer I notice the stainless steel comes out looking much better so that got me to thinking what was different between washing by hand or washer. I use Dawn because we have hard water and it helps to cut the grease but even at than I was never completely happy with my and washing results.

The other day I got this brilliant idea... the one thing my dishwasher uses is the produce you add to the washer to help get your glasses cleaner without causing spots. So I decided to ad just a tad to my sink water along with the Dawn... dang what a difference.

Usually I fill my sink with water and Dawn before we eat. Then as we finish I add our dishes, utensils, dishes and such. Sometime I wait 30 minutes before I get back to the dishes. Not any more.

By adding a bit of the jet dry... I use the generic...my dishes are ready to wash as soon as I put them in the soapy water. And my plastic stuff comes out squeaky clean as well. Last night I used a cookie sheet to cook my chicken breast. I line it before I put the chicken on it before putting it in the over. Last night for some reason the liquids leaked through on to the pan causing it to burn onto it.... you know what a mess it makes.

After finishing dinner I put my dishes into the sink and took the water and filled the cookie sheet with it. This morning I figured I was facing a nasty mess. However when I poured the water out, the nasty stuff just slide right off. Took me less than 20'seconds to wipe the rest out. After seeing that I decided to clean my granite counters with a spray mixture I made... did a better job that anything I've used in the past. So that prompted my to try it on my glass stove top. I had splatter on it from the night before and using the spray the grease wiped right off.

I have one of those gadgets where you fill it with dishwashing liquid and it comes out of the bottom and you can wash dishes with it... and some jet stuff and it works just as well.

The big test came tonight.. I made spaghetti with sauce and meatballs... you know what a mess that can be. Filled the sink added the dishes and jet stuff and stuck the dishes in it. Pulled them out of the soap and they were almost comepletely clean without even wiping them. I had fill the spaghetti sauce pot with the sink water before we ate and believe it or not the same thing happened...I had one other dish...a Corning wear one that also has the sauce and stuff in it and bingo, put it in the water, swished it around for 5 seconds and it came out clean.

Now I don't know how many of y'all wash your dishes but by adding just a tiny bit of the jet stuff my dinner clean up is a snap. I don't even wait 5 minutes any more. By the time I put all my dishes in the sink, they are ready to be washed... I swear this has cut my cleanup time in less than half..too good of an idea not to pass along.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Finished my last sword fight with "Axel" for a while. We are getting less awkward with this and getting into a rhythm. I counted in order to report to dd, and he definitely got 24 little bits of food into his tummy this time, and we only dropped about 4 of them. Big success. (he is too young to know how to retrieve food that has been dropped.) The transport happens over the weekend and dd will be feeding him from now on. Kind of a nice pet in that he does seem so alert and aware, and remembers routine. if all you can have is an aquarium (which is dd's situation, of course), this is not a bad choice. Not graceful and beautiful like a fish swimming, though. The betta aquarium is so much more serene.

Deep-clean of the front bathroom today, including replacing the toilet bowl brush set.

Change -
I decorated by putting the Pilea Moon Valley or "friendship plant" into the corner of the vanity so that the branches drape out around my two "duckling" ceramic knick-knacks. Now that dd is away so much more, maybe the bathroom will stay clear! It can take very little light and loves humidity, so I'm thinking after every few days I'll let it spend some time near a window.

This evening HRH and I moved all the furniture off the front porch and went out to the home improvement store for brooms, etc. to get ready to clean the porch tomorrow.

We got into a conversation with an employee who has three in college at the same time - whew. He and HRH enjoyed comparing notes about getting them there and the mess they leave behind, etc.

Return to “Post When You Can”