FABULOUS FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: FABULOUS FRIDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:20 pm

I have been going going going this week. The ProGen assignment is due today and I am trying to put finishing touches on it. I think I've done a good job. 8-) I was up early this morning, about 6:30. and worked on it quite a while, then cleaned for dcleaning lady and then dd and I went for pedicures. So I'm home again, after dropping her off to walk with a friend. I have a little more than an hour before I need to be out of the house to see sleep nurse practitioner for the annual CPAP trip. Tomorrow a.m. dh and I leave for for a week long trip to WY.

--------------------------------

Oy. Didn't get this posted earlier and now I'm back from the CPAP nurse practitioner trip. Gotta get this assignment done and turned in next.

bw2, I'm with you:
I am more into what did I forget to do Friday...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:59 pm

30,400 stitches later and the panther is done!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:23 pm

I wanna go with Twins to Wy. As long as it is in the middle of nowhere AND has internet. :)

Wondering Where oh Where are K&K?

Cathys - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

we've been adventure-eating again

Harriet - I've never heard of those! Interesting. I am trying some new-to-me grains this week. I recently googled what the best grains were (nutritiously). Amaranth and hull-less barley kept showing up in the answers. I've never eaten either of them so asked A-river to send me some. I prepared the barley yesterday and am absolutely impressed by texture. It is chewier than rice. I added the barley to soup and am enjoying it. I haven't tried the Amaranth yet. Some say to pop it (like popcorn) and others say to cook it like rice. I'll give both way a try when I get caught up with my bulk cooking.

I have been laughing at myself how hard I try to get out of shopping for clothes. Yesterday I put clothes shopping on today's schedule but my brain totally blocked it out. I didn't remember until DH said something about it this morning. Uggghhh....Okay. So I went to town and two hours later I realized I had been doing all kinds of things EXCEPT shopping for clothes. I honestly totally blocked clothes shopping from my thoughts. Once I recognized what I was doing, I made myself STOP doing other things and go buy some clothes. It only took me about 10 minutes to pick out 5 types of pants. I am the least picky person on the face of the earth and have no interest in fashion. At this point, I just want the clothes to cover me and to not fall down! Girls are supposed to like to go clothes shopping. Most of my family & girl friends LOVE to shop. I might be in danger of losing my "girl card". ANYway......I now have a couple pair of jeans, shorts, capris, and a skort to wear. I argued with myself with the size to buy. I can wear size 8 but they were tight. So I got size 10's. I plan on losing another 20 lbs so probably should have got the smaller size but I just couldn't wrap my mind around wearing that size. I still think of myself as a size 12/14.

The rain has been CRAZY hard this morning. During the 4 hours I was in town it rained 6". Driving on the interstate was a challenge. Traffic was going 20-30mph under the speed limit because of how hard it was raining and the amount of water on the road. Driving in town was worse because the water was several inches deep on the road and the vehicles in lanes on either side of me were splashing water higher than the cars. Wind shield wipers on the highest settings and still could barely see. I bought over $500 of groceries and had to load/unload them all in the downpour. I got soaked. Wouldn't it be awesome if fat melted in the rain.......day dreaming......

I stopped on the way home from town and dropped off a few things I bought for DMom. I try to keep her stocked up with the more expensive items that she uses. I know she watches/stretches every penny she has.

I came across sales on meat this morning. I try to buy pork under $2 a lb. Beef under $3 a lb. Chicken breast under $2 a lb. Whole Rotisserie Chicken under $5 each. And I found them ALL on sale in my price range today, I'm CRAZY INSANE focused on getting the bulk cooking done,
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 pm

H is home said he has to work Sat.
Pizza nite here (frozen).
Thunder on the snake jet boat races & hot Aug. nites car show are both this week end. I am trying to avoid being out in the smoke any more today.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:00 pm

LadyM I've been jean shopping as well and I hate it..because I still
Work part time I need professional clothes. Most are the same as I was wearing when I worked full time 7 years ago. They never seem to wear out cause I only wear each item maybe 5-7 times a year.

I also have a wonderful barley casserole that's been in my family for years and years and everyone is crazy over it. I'll try and post it tomorrow.

Sweetie is taking me out for a nice dinner tonight so I will dress up a bit for that. Makeup and hair was done earlier today so just need to slip on some ice pants and top alongnwith some "fancy" shoes. It's important to me that I look nice for my husband when we go out. Did it before we were married and I continue to do it now. Since retiring he doesn't get to see me in much other than shorts and such and I think it's important to remind him of one of the reasons why he was attracted to me in the first place.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:56 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they have no internet. We were without internet last September when we were north of Sudbury which is 5 hours north of the Niagara region.

I have been so tired and yawning constantly since I put the last stitch into that panther. Dh wants to go for a 2 hour drive. :shock:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:08 pm

We will likely get some rain late next week, Harriet. That's all we ever see from hurricanes -- much too far north for any dangers. Tornadoes are our only weather concern here.
I've been watching on tv though... looks rough. Dh has cousins in Houston so I wonder what they've done (evacuate or hunker down?)
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 pm

OMG, the assignment is posted online. I am done.

Dh went on to services at temple tonight. He wanted me to go but between the ProGen work and packing and finishing laundry I'm not budging. The house at least looks good because the cleaning lady was here, and I haven't hardly moved from the computer this afternoon.

-reboot laundry, fold sheets and put away
-clear away the stuff I have on the breakfast bar counter
-eat! I have leftover chicken thighs from earlier in the week
-update Word doc: "Info for kids while we're away"
-start pulling out things to pack
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:53 pm

LadyM, ordering the grains is a great idea - very difficult to find hull-less or "whole" barley in stores. I still get it in my diet because it's one of the grains blended into my favorite cold-cereal blend from Whole Foods (Rip's Big Bowl). But I would like to have it on hand by itself, to enjoy choosing how to use it myself, for the nuttier, firmer texture than pearled. Roman gladiators ate a diet based on barley to stay at fighting strength/weight. Pearled without the bran is great for increasing the thickness and mouth-appeal of vegetable soups, so always a great use for that, too - yum.

Amaranth - must hear what you think, since I haven't had it. I wouldn't be surprised if Lynlee has some wisdom on these. Btw, when I ordered the red rice from A-River that worked out well - arrived quickly in great shape and was attractive/healthy added to mostly brown rice for the Instant Pot. So I hope you have a similar good experience.

Ramblin' and LadyM I am with you on shopping for clothes. I stick with catalogs mostly and HRH shakes his head over me, wondering why I don't want to be in the store with the choices. Right now I have two items that need to go back to physical stores that I was just sure would be fine when I was there. So being present with them doesn't guarantee they will be favorites, either.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Yeah, I'm not a shopper either. I'm good shopping online and trying on things in the privacy of my own home.

I've walked the ddog too. She was anxious to get going. :lol:

-refill meds boxes
-reboot and continue laundry
-meds for me and ddog
-water plants outside
-send a Facebook message to friends who took us on their boat Sunday to thank them

Return to “Post When You Can”