Move it Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Move it Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:24 pm

I will be praying for your d cousin
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:26 pm

do the next right thing:

walk after planning meal for tonight.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Two DPCs done! Tiki has vet appointment 9/18 and sprinkler repair people are coming Wednesday. Since I have a doctor appointment on Wed, I can use sick leave. Still plowing through work emails and am down to 117. One required transcription so is taking a while. Have not looked at a single home email, just checked to see how many there are. I will do a fast scan soon to see if any are critical. I am not able to DPC about the bill, because I left it at home or in the car (I hope). Other DPC can (and should) be done from home. I need to return D's videos and let her know Lilly was adopted last month.

My current list of things to do today:
  • Finish work emails
  • Scan home emails for urgency
  • Two DPCs
  • Dinner with traveling companion
  • Wrap DD15's gift from Hawaii
  • Unpack
  • Many LOLs
  • Return sunglasses to car
  • Budget

Other things that need to get done soon, but not necessarily tonight: finish Christmas crochet animals, lookup some chibi style Hermione Grangers for next Christmas crochet, fix t shirt, find and implement a Hawaiian shirt pattern using the fabric I got in Hawaii.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Happy Birthday to Harmony, Lucylee and Sherinjoy! Best wishes for a wonderful day for each of you!

Welcome home Elizabeth!

(((Lady M))). Wow, I can't imagine having pain like that. Hope you don't experience that again.

We've been trying to go through some things every day...drawers, closets, chest of drawers, etc. I have called S. Army to pick up our living room sofa and loveseat. The style is actually too large for the room and I will be glad they are gone.

I've heard that the rain we've had the last week or so caused by invest 92L has crossed our state and is now located offshore by the border of Fl and GA; the weather people think it might develop into some sort of tropical system and affect the coast up toward North Carolina. The pictures of the flooding in TX from the hurricane are disturbing; so many people are being affected.

Dh has a doctor appointment this afternoon at 4:15, we will be traveling in rush hour traffic! It's ok though, we will just allow for extra time.

Right now we have to get a bite of lunch, then I will give dh a quick haircut, then it will be time to change clothes and get ready to leave.

We are on the move!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Happy Birthday, Harmony & LucyLee!!

Hoping SherinJoy will stop by and let us know how she is doing......

I have claimed one of our extra free days and cancelled homeschool for today. I am moving slower than normal so need extra time to get ready for tonight. So far I have -
** Cleaned front porch, rugs & furniture including trimming the shrubs.
** Organized & cleaned the Pergola/deck area around the pool. I set up a small tent for the young ones to play in this evening. It also gives a 3rd place for them to change clothes before/after swimming.
** I vacuumed and backwashed the swimming pool. This is a weekly task that takes about an hour. I didn't know if my back would allow me to do it since there is a lot of physical movement, but I moved slowly and deliberately and didn't have any problems.

I'm going to eat lunch and then start again.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Extremely successful errand run. We left the apartment at noon. Spent almost 10 minutes reloading the car with its regular stuff (local maps, extra rain gear, bottles of water) and searching for my missing reading glasses (found under the seat!)

Then to the car wash which had almost no lineup but after 5 minutes of no progress, I went next door and got my lunch and ate it on a bench. Just as I finished up, our car rolled off the line but still needed to be wiped down. I had time to go to the bathroom and download today's SHE posts so I could catch up once in the car.

Next was 3 grocery stores. Got everything we need for today. I can't really look any further ahead than that at this point.

Then home, unloaded and put away everything.

Before leaving the dusting and floor mopping was finished as was the laundry and the bathroom cleaning. So at this point we are pretty well ready. I still have to gather the food together for dinner but am taking a short break.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Neighbors neices are in the Huston area they had not heard from the as of Sun. afternoon. I have clean sheets back on the bed now. I have a new batch of rocks drying on the deck now. Hens are on their free range time I have had my lunch.

Got a beef roast to cook in the crock pot tomorrow.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Baby Stepping my way through the day. TAda's since my last break -
** Living room dusted, swept and mopped.
** Cleaned the guest bathroom - floor swept/mopped, twalet swished, vanity & mirror wiped down
** Kitchen counters cleared & wiped down. Floor swept & mopped.
** Counted how many will be here tonight (38) so I could know how many plates, silverware & drinks to get ready.
** Rolling ice chest filled with ice and bottled drinks. Made a large container of fresh tea.
** Large trash can ready (we will be using paper products and bottled drinks so will have lots of trash)
** Set out the plates, silverware, and napkins.

One of my life long bestest friends home is being demolished today. She has spent the last 5 months cleaning it out so the wrecking crew could come tear her home down. This DFriend has put so much of herself into her family and profession (1st grade teacher) that she didn't have enough time/energy/focus left to take care of her home. Because of the amount of STUFF in her home, there was little maintenance done over the past 20 years to keep it livable. She decided the best thing would be to demolish it and start fresh. She will be building a new home in the same location as the home they are tearing down. I know others might view her in a negative light because she allowed the clutter to take over her home until it reached this point. But I know her heart and she is an AWESOME person that gives endlessly to others with her time, talents and energy. I wish her joy and peace in her effort to establish order in her home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:20 pm

:D :D :D Happy birthday, Harmony!!! :D :D :D * AND Sher, wherever you are! :D :D :D

Thank you ALL for birthday wishes!

DH is being so mysterious... wants to talk to ds & ddil about my "party" tomorrow, but wants me to stay out of earshot.
He sorta makes me nervous -- I really don't like being made "much over," and my birthday always makes me a little anxious.
I think all he is doing is having ds/ddil pick up pizza & cake, and dbil & dmom are invited, but he doesn't want me to have to plan my own party, so he wants me out of all conversations re: said party.
* sigh *
Anyway, it's tomorrow, b/c ddil has class tonight.

He is still not feeling well. We went and rode around for awhile today, then filled up the car, went through the carwash, and went to the bank.
HOORAY HOORAY -- we got the $$ back that was stolen w/our debit card #, so that was a JOY for the day.

DDIL called to wish me a happy birthday, and dmom, and dmom said I did not need to get groceries for her today after all -- said she didn't feel like dealing with them anyway. :( She was making (long overdue) follow-up appt with the pulmonologist, so that's a plus... and she desperately needs to re-schedule follow-up w/dentist b/c she is having trouble with the fit of the dentures. Says the lower one doesn't stay in place at all and the upper one makes her gag. :cry: I was worried about this before she started in on this process... but OTOH, her regular teeth WERE practically falling out day by day. I told her surely she is not the first person to have this problem and the dentist should be able to help her.

Another JOY -- dgs had another day with no problems at school! (Substitute teacher may have been extra-nice, but sometimes the opposite is true, so we're still thankful for this bit of good news.)

I must get my self moving...

Need to get clean sheets on the bed, also, Nancy. Along with other laundry.

WTG, Kathryn! You're certainly getting things back in order quickly after your travel!
I need to get my cardfile and master list in order, too. I just really vegged out yesterday and I'm reaping what I sowed now.

(((BIG HUGS))) LadyM -- I'm so glad you're back is better today! Also (((HUGS))) and prayers for your dcousins... the ones dealing with Harvey, and the one dealing with cancer.
And oh my, (((your dfriend)))... a lot I should pay attention to in that post --
I know others might view her in a negative light because she allowed the clutter to take over her home until it reached this point. But I know her heart and she is an AWESOME person that gives endlessly to others with her time, talents and energy.

-- but still -- such a sad situation.

WTG, Sunny, with your moving prep!

And a big welcome back, Elizabeth! WTG on surfing lessons!

(((Dee & Mr. Dee))) Hope things go smoothly with getting the unruly campers out.

Hope you have a good trip, Rose! Praying things go well with your dmom.

Oh well... where IS that BGS when you need it? :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Had a nap.
Got that done before the 2 boys showed up.
H is home now.
Got a txt from a neighbor that one of the hens was out in the front yd. I was hoping the dabg hen would fly back over the gat on her own. Sigh.
I tagged the rocks and got them put away.

Return to “Post When You Can”