On Your Feet Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: On Your Feet Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:26 am

I didn't do calendar updates. I was anxious to get things back to order so had breakfast, then stripped the spare bed, started that laundry, got breakfast cleaned up, vacuumed the dining room and then remade the table with an autumn centrepiece and placemats. I know it is only September 1, not 21, but we really didn't have a summer. In fact, I only got the summer centrepiece out in late July so it felt funny putting it away. On the other hand, it isn't beach weather, it is currently 50*. The high today is below 60 and it is windy. Still, it is sunny so I'm in the mood to do things - a very good mood to be in!

The living room still needs tidying. The first load of laundry is done the second is started. So I'm starting to feel in control and on top of things.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 pm

FYI - I checked on Helia (FB message) and she is doing A-Okay. Twins posted a picture on FB of beautiful Jackson Hole. Life is full and blessed.

After seeing many FB posts about gas stations being without fuel and rising gas prices, I decided to fill up our SUV. I didn't have any problem finding gas and it was $2.15 a gallon. ANYway, 21 gallons later and I'm as ready as I will get for the predicted gas shortage (courtesy of HHarvey)

While I was out I stopped at a garage sale. The kids each got a "new" toy for a grand total of $2.25. Win-Win!

Time to get the kids ready for the parade.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Gas went up 60 cents a gallon overnight and was already 60 cents a gallon more than last weekend so we are looking at over C$1.20 increase in the last 5 days. I suggested dh should topup on our way home last weekend but it didn't happen and so now we are nursing our last 60 miles before we have to fill up. If we can keep our usage way low this week, we will just put a few dollars in to get to the border. I know it is up in NY state as well but I'm willing to bet it is under US$4.20 a gallon. We'll check before we go.

Dh was just invited out to lunch by CF and despite it being month-end he agreed to go. I'm pleased. I'm always blowing off my 'work' in order to spend time with people. Dh is less likely to do so. He'll plan to make time with others but he is also slave to the schedule he has in his head and not as willing to change that once his day as started.

The spare bed is remade now with clean sheets and the living room is also all tidy. There are a few minutes left on the washer and then I'll hang up those clothes. At that point, I'll have lunch and then I'm going to have to buckle down on paperwork items. I've run out of avoidance items to do!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Our gas here is already up too. About .10-.15 cents. Going up more they say. I told DH earlier to gas up his truck but I doubt he did it.

When I get cataract surgery, I will still need glasses. I will not be paying for those extra lenses medicare doesn't cover. Those are supposed to remove the need for glasses, but they don't always work. Those lenses don't come in the same number of strengths as they can do for glasses, so sometimes they can't fit a person exactly. My friend paid a lot of money for hers and still needs reading glasses. She had to go back another time for each eye and have an additional lens implanted, and still needs glasses for reading. She is vain so keeps reading glasses in her purse...and can't read things like the church program or menus.

LadyM, I hope it works out with DSon in school. You will have more time. I'd keep an eye on his progress. (Just a thought: I hope the school wanting this is not about their state funding).

So, doing some heavy cleaning around here. Scrubbed DH's bathroom and shower. Took the foil out of our little toaster oven and scrubbed it and replaced new foil. That thing is very hard to clean and never comes out perfect. I hate that thing.

I'm not motivated to do this stuff any more. Or maybe just right now. I'm SO TIRED of doing the same things day after day after day. Things that used to give me pleasure are just a drudgery now. I'm not about to let everything into squalor, but I'm sure tired of the cooking and the cleaning and all the paperwork. The dishes and the shopping. The laundry. ALL OF IT.

It didn't help that I had Father Knows Best on this morning, and that show was about how the house, the family, everything revolved around the Mother and all she ever did was cook clean sew. It struck me how "liberated" we females are these days, that even though we do some of these things they are NOT our whole reason for being, and our only goal in life.

Sigh...how do you all stay motivated, day after day after day after day...???

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Back from rehab. Only did a Sam's trip & forgot the Christmas tree shop. Brought home T Horton's for lunch. Met dh as I came in. He was waiting for DS-A to come in with their MH. Parking him on the other side of the pond. It's the last hurrah for many before school starts.

See our dneighbor's sunscreen is down. Always makes my heart clench when I see it down. They'll be leaving later today to stay at the airport hotel. Makes things easier to close up & winterize. Their flight doesn't leave till 10 tomorrow morning so this is easier for them.

Today is Sherinjoy & her dh's anniversary - so happy anniversary if you should stop by.

Know it's going to be a long weekend here but I'll get through it. After this weekend won't see too much of either Ds's families.

Dh's glasses should be in next Friday and he's very anxious to get them. That'll be one of our errands for the end of next week.

Meant to say, Kathryn, that I paid $2.35 for gas at Sam's today. But most places it's at least $2.45-$2.53 and going up. Hoping we can keep our mileage down for the next few weeks. Of course appointments in every direction put a lot of miles on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:06 pm

OK, I've done everything but go for along walk. Now there's nothing left to do but go over paperwork.

Dh came back with CF and the apartment was looking fab so that was rewarding. The laundry is caught up as well. After my lunch, I emptied all the recycle bins and took that downstairs. There's a lovely bed frame in the furniture giveaway spot. Hmmmmm. I think it is only a double, not queen. May go back with a measuring tape. Not that I have room to store it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Harmony, this was on my mind today as I just posted in Decluttered Home and mentioned the 3rd birthday of the new Cleaning Focus Forum BookSaver put in place for us here. The concept of choosing to make this the last cleaning round so our holidays will be stress-free and we can coast on maintenance because, you know, life is too short and there are other meaningful things. And also then in Creative Home about how the HGP is in swing and the point there now is "Questions", as in what are our own true desires for the upcoming season(s), and is any of it our chosen creativity/beauty/decor. Both of these are, to me, the other side of the coin from constant taking care of stuff and they "break out" into personality and uniqueness. Maybe that's some motivation - get this joint cleaned up (or whatever's needed) SO THAT we can be ourselves and find time for our own definition of happy.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:29 pm

I saved dh some time this LONG LABOUR day weekend. I cut the grass. I wasn't on my feet, though. I was on my seat. I also burned some wood to try to make that pile go down more. We have a huge pile of brush that was donated to us by our neighbor diagonally across the corner. I guess we were lucky and 1 1/2 of the couples we met were nice. We have 3 neighbours that we can see. 1 couple is great! 1/2 of the couple next door are great. The 2 brothers across the street are only great to men. One brother was introduced to me twice and didn't acknowledge me either time. He went into dh's shop at work the day after the second time he ignored me and dh told him that if he didn't acknowledge me the next time, not to bother coming back to that tire shop because he won't be welcomed. The other brother did talk to me when he came over to meet the neighbours. Dh wasn't home, but has talked to him a few times in passing. Funny thing is that I am friends with their sister, and she said they are both jerks towards women.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:29 pm

On our way...

LadyM, your weekend sounds like so much fun!
Sooo happy your dgs wants to join you for church, too!

(((Harmony)))

My motivation is just that I know I will feel better when it's done. And sometimes that line of thinking works really well...and sometimes it's not worth much!

Everything is going very well so far...
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:42 pm

Harmony wrote:Sigh...how do you all stay motivated, day after day after day after day...???

Ummm ... if I ever stay motivated day after day, I will post the secret here. Until then, know you are not alone. And don't watch TV shows from the Father Knows Best era. They only make people nostalgic for a past that never existed. My mom was miserable as a housewife and told me not to even consider it. Her friends were no happier.

I still hate the bane of my existence report. I am treating myself to a cherry coke, because it seemed like something that would make me feel better. I hate bronchitis too.

Return to “Post When You Can”