SCINTILLATING SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: SCINTILLATING SUNDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Dee: PMs back at you.

LadyM: I forgot to say I had no idea of the urban definition of cottager! Sorry to shock you but now I'm shocked too! It is the classic definition, a cottage being an abode a family owns, normally near/on water, as a vacation home. Also known as a camp in northern Ontario and a cabin in western Canada.

I watched all of the Netflix show on Princess Di. It was very good.

Off to bed now. Tomorrow will be another day and hopefully one more productive than today.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:53 pm

Happy birthday Nancy. Best wishes for the coming year.

waving from Monday almost midday.

2 loads of washing on the line.
hot for the 4th day of spring = 32c/90f
windy dry high fire danger. hopefully none start.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:34 pm

S/S kitchen... allergy shots... garbage to the road...
Back from Wmart... groceries put away, strawberries rinsed & capped...
It really IS a wonderful thing to do those five minute tasks and get them out of the way.

Now I'm going to smooth out Wmart bags to take to church next week -- our ladies group makes mats out of them and I just cram them into a kitchen drawer each week. When the drawer is full, I smooth them out/fold them and take them to church.

24 hour visits... yes...
This weekend was approx 48 hours with dgs, and that IS a bit much, especially when dh isn't at his best. Most of the time he did pretty well, but there were times he needed more rest and quiet than was possible with dgs around. And then he said dgs and I crowded him out of the bed last night, LOL. He stayed home from church, but seemed like he felt pretty good after he got up for lunch -- but Walmart did him in again.

This week I'm going to be asking myself What Would LadyM Do, though, and trying to emulate you as much as possible, LadyM -- I think dgrands will be spending Wed AND Thurs nights with us... and I will have to take dgs to school Thurs and Fri. EEEK! Early mornings are NOT my best part of the day. :roll: :oops: We'll then have dgd all day Thurs & Fri, I'll have to pick up dgs at school Thurs & Fri, and they'll probably be with us both days till ddil gets home from work. I imagine she'll come get them when she gets home and maybe keep them till bedtime, and I HOPE -- bring them back to me in their pj's Thurs night. DS will be out of town and she will have to be at work by 7:00 a.m. each day, she thinks. * WHEW *
I am sooo sooo glad that this is NOT another college town weekend!!!

Tomorrow, we hope ds will be in in time to go to our local Labor Day thing -- it's not a big deal, just a sort of community family reunion/political rally, but they make amazing chicken stew and it's always our tradition to go and get a gallon of stew. DS usually joins in with the local friends providing musical entertainment, as well.
I haven't heard from my cousins. They will probably be getting together at the home of the one with the pool -- and not invite us b/c it not one of those "buy something" or "give someone a gift" parties. * SHEESH * I do get kinda irritated with my cousins sometimes... but I still think if the chips are down, I can count on them.

Tuesday -- I need to get my driver's license renewed and go to the library.

Otherwise, I think my week is going to be controlled by dgrands. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:37 pm

Quick and late hello.

Belated Birthday Wishes, Nancy.

Sounds like a lovely vacation, Twins. I'm surprised you did it in such a short time. Wish I could have gone along. I have many of those places on my list to see, but who knows if and when we'll ever get to do it.

Sorta glad this weekend is over. Sat. I slept almost all day. Not sick, just very deep into doldrums, and I had to shake some sense into myself to get going. Sunday I did go to church, a few errands around the house, and that's about it. I tried to get on the eliptical a bit but my knees hurt afterward. Discouraging because I can't be real active, and that's exactly the wrong way to build any strength and stamina. Gotta get going some how.

See everybody tomorrow, on the Labor Day Holiday.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:41 pm

((((Harmony))))
Everyone needs some down time, and I'd say you have earned a LOT of down time.

Y'all, how do some girls/women do it?
I'm talking about how do they keep their hair and make-up sooo PERFECT at outdoor events, while I am sweating like I've been working in the fields all day?
Dniece always looks sooo PERFECT. I swear I don't think she sweats at all.
But her mom is like that too, and lots of women I see at ballgames.
I always look like something the cat dragged up.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”